It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There 'Moderate Muslims' or Is Islam a Flawed Ideology

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And yet Israel thinks Iran wants to wipe them off the map.

Are there any videos of Iranian Jews stating their treatment and how they are doing in the country?
a reply to: buster2010

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Power_Semi

Most of the apologists for Islam it seems, come from areas where they have hardly ever seen an immigrant let alone lived amongst thousands of them. If you've no direct experience how can your opinion be informed if all you have to go on is youtube videos and mass media information? My mind was made up way back in the 90's long before all this liberal acceptance & tolerance carp and long before 9/11. The events of 9/11 may have woken America up but we in the UK and Europe were already awake having been forced into a multi cultural Britain that we never asked for nor got consulted on, and what's more the Muslims didn't want it either, they were happy forming their "communities" so they never had to mix with us infidels and we let them.

I am a teacher and I have lived and worked with plenty of Muslims. I have found the Afghani Hazara and the Iranians (both Muslim) to be among some of the kindest and most gracious people I have ever met. Both of these groups are generally freeing religious persecution in their own country and just want to live their lives the same as anyone else and raise their children in peace. The Iranian women generally refuse to wear a headscarf as well. To be fair, I have met a few Muslims who I would consider more hardline, but these are a couple of students out of the hundreds I have taught.

To say all Muslims are cut from the same cloth is ridiculous. Discussions of this nature only helps to promote an environment of prejudice toward an already marginalised community, and helps foster extremism rather than prevent it.
edit on 29-9-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Power_Semi

Most of the apologists for Islam it seems, come from areas where they have hardly ever seen an immigrant let alone lived amongst thousands of them. If you've no direct experience how can your opinion be informed if all you have to go on is youtube videos and mass media information? My mind was made up way back in the 90's long before all this liberal acceptance & tolerance carp and long before 9/11. The events of 9/11 may have woken America up but we in the UK and Europe were already awake having been forced into a multi cultural Britain that we never asked for nor got consulted on, and what's more the Muslims didn't want it either, they were happy forming their "communities" so they never had to mix with us infidels and we let them.

I am a teacher and I have lived and worked with plenty of Muslims. I have found the Afghani Hazara and the Iranians (both Muslim) to be among some of the kindest and most gracious people I have ever met. Both of these groups are generally freeing religious persecution in their own country and just want to live their lives the same as anyone else and raise their children in peace. The Iranian women generally refuse to wear a headscarf as well. To be fair, I have met a few Muslims who I would consider more hardline, but these are a couple of students out of the hundreds I have taught.

To say all Muslims are cut from the same cloth is ridiculous. Discussions of this nature only helps to promote an environment of prejudice toward an already marginalised community, and helps foster extremism rather than prevent it.

The Hazara are Iranian they are persians. And yes I have met some very kind ones and in kandahar some who were evil war lords.If your point is you can't judge a group on the actions of individuals your right. however need to look at circumstances as well for example In Pakistan they are openly hunted and attacked on a regular basis. I'd be willing to bet this is where the ones you met were from. Hazara is a target of bombings and shootings in Pakistan. Situation is so bad there are UN reports detailing the atrocities. It tends to change the way you view life when you see Islam used as an excuse to be persecuted.

You can't say Islam is good or evil only that it can be used for both. And problem isn't Islam problem is when people use the guise of religion to do evil things. You have groups like ISIS they use religion to control their followers. And they do the most evil things no other word for it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Deleted for edit duplication of post error.

edit on 30-9-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Duplication of post.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: dragonridr

This a common theme in religion. Whether it is Mohhamed's jihads or the Catholic Church and the inquisitions. Religion has historically been used as justification for some pretty sick and evil things.

No matter how much time passes, it is not the things that we know, or the things we have learned that motivates us. It is the unknown, and our lack of belief in ourselves, that we let drive us. Religion teaches us that the creator, loves you as a group, but has no concern for you as an individual. That he does not have the desire or ability to speak directly to you. You are not worthy. Few and very few are. He has to select one, and usually only one, that has to carry to you his demands. And this jealous God, wants you to worship and listen to his agent first, and and he will receive your love and devotion by proxy.

I know I am over simplifying the whole complex process. I just can't wrap my head around it.

edit on 30-9-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Glitch correction. ATS is not very tablet friendly.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well considering it ideology shares that Abrahamic basis, which was a guy, that believed God told him to sacrifice his son like a little lamb, but was was apparently on Gods good side, God said "Holy # of Jack Ass, that idiot got pranked gonna kill his Son" and sent an angel.

Also the fact that the King Solomon guy, who was gonna cut a baby in half, and was considered Super Wise. That sick bastard.

So yea, why not.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join