It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There 'Moderate Muslims' or Is Islam a Flawed Ideology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:
(post by mekhanics removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Fake Christians are, but a real Christian loves everyone including you.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Really? A phobic hateful one liner which generalises and lumps a disparate and diverse group of people together?

That's the best you have?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Moderate Muslims?

Let me just go down the road and ask the Muslim couple, Mr and Mrs Khan who own the fish and chip shop, who speak broad Yorkshire, for their opinion on this one.

You're all living in a #ing bubble. sites gone to #.

Go to a right wing Islamic site and you'll hear the exact same # you lot are talking, but about westerners.

You're as bad as the Muslims you're slagging off.

dick heads. you bring shame on this site and the foundations its built on.

Why is this still open? This is something Id read on CNN or a far right website about white power. what a #ing joke
edit on 25-9-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
For crying out loud you folks really really are scared of your own shadows c'mon give it a rest!

Is the IRA Muslim, i don't think the Irish would agree. What about those movie shooting suspects, were they Muslim? Are the gang bangers in the hood Muslim? You have a more realistic and better chance of getting shot and killed out in public than you do from a Muslim terrorist on American soil.

Jeez, you give a pass on crimes committed by Americans but soon as someone from a different background does something, you hold it up as an example of the whole group.

Stop being hypocrites!
edit on 25-9-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: Metallicus

Christians are the worst scum of the earth.

I have met many Christians in my lifetime, and while I find their proselytizing annoying, they are generally a kind and generous people.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

You have a more realistic and better chance of getting shot and killed out in public than you do from a Muslim terrorist on American soil. 

Perhaps for now that holds true, but we can see the writing on the wall in Europe and other countries with a large Muslim population. Ideally we won't ignore what a high percentage of Muslims has done to other secular nations and work to prevent those same problems from occurring here in the U.S.

I would hate to see us bury our heads in the sand because of political correctness and liberal apologists and ignore the problems and realities facing our country in the future associated with a growing Muslim population.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Wow you sure know whats happening here in the EU.....
What high population? 5% here in the UK and around 3.8% (maybe higher at the moment) in the EU.
How are they going to take other?.
Sorry dude you are just scare mongering.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Wow you sure know whats happening here in the EU.....
What high population? 5% here in the UK and around 3.8% (maybe higher at the moment) in the EU.
How are they going to take other?.
Sorry dude you are just scare mongering.

Boymonkey, you bring up a valid point. I don't know exactly what is happening in your country. I have to rely on news organizations and people like yourself who are kind enough to share their experiences on ATS.

I don't mean to scare monger. One of the reasons I asked these questions to begin with is to have an honest discussion with people like yourself.

Thank you for sharing your perspective with me.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Did ya ever read the 'Christianity is a death cult thread ?

ATS is an equal opportunity criticizer.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
Moderate Muslims?

Let me just go down the road and ask the Muslim couple, Mr and Mrs Khan who own the fish and chip shop, who speak broad Yorkshire, for their opinion on this one.

Go to a right wing Islamic site and you'll hear the exact same # you lot are talking, but about westerners.

Why is this still open? This is something Id read on CNN or a far right website about white power. what a #ing joke

Totally agree mate.... same old sh**, same old faces.
I've recommended to most of these ***** that they go to Stormfront or a similar site.
But then I've been saying it for the 7 or so years I've been here and the same Islamaphobic, Racist, Homophobic, Sexist and other such BS threads keep getting made.

Day after day, week after week, year after year.

It's actually embarrassing at times.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

I know right like my little Nad at work she offered me her headscarf to protect me from poo.
Heart of gold even If she is a die hard Arsenal fan.
Do some of you here never interact with Muslims? some I know have a bacon butty and a pint just as Christians wear two types of cloth and eat shellfish.
Most of them just want exactly what we want.
edit on 25-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Well now Christian Phobia is perfectly acceptable now isn't it ?

Better yet how about Jew phobia with the tens of thousands of threads about them

Christianity is a death cult

I love the FAUX outrage.
edit on 25-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well now Christian Phobia is perfectly acceptable now isn't it ?

Better yet how about Jew phobia with the tens of thousands of threads about them

Christianity is a death cult

I love the FAUX outrage.

IMHO religion is Bollocks.... utter, mind warping, silly bollocks.
But you don't see me starting threads proclaiming this do you?
I think most religions are only a few steps away from fascism and yes, some have elements of "death cult" about them from SOME followers and a small segment of believers.

Nobody says ALL Christians are like the Westboro Baptist Church do they? Or all Christians must be abortion clinic bombers in training etc... but ALL Muslims ALWAYS get tarred and grouped in with the radicals and terrorists.

And why? Well because they're foreign and speak funny huh?

Most anti-islam threads are just thinly veiled racism... by people too gutless and pathetic to own their beliefs.

I quite honestly don't give a # what anyone believes, religion is the cause of MOST of the issues in the world.
It's a poison.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have been trying to envision a scenario where 'moderate Muslims' will live peacefully with people of other faiths or even in a secular society and to be honest I can't see it happening. The term 'moderate Muslim' itself may be flawed.

Many like to say that the problem with Islam is 'Islamic Extremists', but is it really? Many like to say things would be okay if 'moderate Muslims' would speak up. I am wondering if that is true.

What if Islam is simply a fundamentally flawed ideology? I know some say it is a religion, but it is the political movement associated with Islam that is incompatible with the West and other secular nations.

What if instead of 'moderate Muslims' we said 'moderate Nazis'? Could we say that it is only 'Nazi Extremists' that are the problem? If only the 'moderate Nazis' would speak up everything would be okay, right?

I would submit that instead Islam, like Nazism, are fatally flawed ideologies that simply don't allow for others to live in harmony with them. It simply isn't possible for these ideologies to work without destroying anyone that doesn't comply with their beliefs and agendas.

What do you think ATS?

I've thought that too, except my theory is this

The longer a religion lasts the more tolerant and peaceful it becomes or it dies out. History has shown us this. Who, honestly, worships the Norse, Roman or Greek Gods any longer. But currently, Christianity use to be a very violent religion and so did Judaism, just look in the old testament for proof of that, then onto the Crusades, and the Inquisition etc. Islam is the newest of the three Abrahamic religions and as such it hasn't gone through it's growing pains yet.

The problem is that, with todays world, Weapons of Mass destruction and more powerful bombs, I don't know if we have time for Islam to "grow" and "Evolve" or "die out" the way the other religions have, plus we don't know how long this takes.

My estimate is that it will take another century for Islam to become peaceful.
edit on 25-9-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
www.youtube.com...

A VICE video of the Wrong vs The Wrong.

I have watched the children from other very strict and rigid cultures become assimilated into the existing society. The elders from all cultures are rolling in their graves. I believe with time it will be the same with the Muslim children.

I just fear the time between now and when.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

If you believe most Muslims are peaceful people, can you name one peaceful Muslim country? It is a bit of a contraction in terms considering the contents of the Qu'ran. There are no half measures in Islam you either are or aren't a Muslim. Even if you don't personally agree with nor practice extremism, you are expected to support it or keep quiet. Moderate Muslims are not considered true muslims and Muslims that speak out can expect a fatwa on their doorstep

Freedom of choice of who what and how to worship should be a fundamental right but when their choices impinge on my freedom then all rights cease

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I do have some confusion about their claim to have the right to change the rules of the land where they have been given asylum, or that they don't have to abide by the rules or laws of the host country.

I can understand them wanting to adhere to their laws and customs, but it would seem to me, when those laws are in conflict the the laws of the host country, then like Federal trumps State; Host trumps refugee/immigrant.

IMHO.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
Moderate Muslims?

originally posted by: blupblup
Totally agree mate.... same old sh**, same old faces.
I've recommended to most of these ***** that they go to Stormfront or a similar site.
But then I've been saying it for the 7 or so years I've been here and the same Islamaphobic, Racist, Homophobic, Sexist and other such BS threads keep getting made.

Day after day, week after week, year after year.

It's actually embarrassing at times.

You confuse racism and realism.

Actually, you don't. This type of labelling is intentionally trying to lump the realists expressing concern, with the Stormfront radicals who want to kill all but white people, to slander them and belittle their opinions. To play on the guilt of all liberals for the evils that Western society has foisted upon other cultures, and to embarrass anyone else that may share the concerns being discussed in this thread.

Fascist government control of all speech and thought, and suppression of all the people (except those that are part of the power structure), is the goal. This type of information suppression is alive and active in Europe right now...for example in Germany where the violence against women by refugees is becoming epidemic in all areas near the asylum centers where these migrants are being herded, and people are protesting, and it is being hidden by the media, and even the police try to cover it up....because they fear fueling a backlash against the government and the 'refugees' / invaders.

Further, there are opinions being slandered intentionally with the radical Christian label...and frankly without any verification of WHAT religion the poster is that is being slandered. Assumptions made, slander applied. Legitimate opinions and points of view are thus silenced by these tactics of bullying people whose points of view 'embarrass' you.

Islam laughs at you as you are nothing but a useful tool for their impending conquest.

Meanwhile the invasion and occupation of Europe continues....may all the good open-minded blindly accepting people that live there survive this onslaught from the Middle East.

Should it get so bad that the economies collapse and random violence in the streets becomes the norm, hopefully some realists will care enough about you to rise up and protect their homelands.

This will not end well...meanwhile you can be embarrassed and stay proud of your resistance to 'racist' and 'bigot' thoughts while you allow the invasion of Europe. As I am sure you will not take credit for any of the violence that follows, and blame it on Bush (and ignore that Obama and Merkel and Cameron did more to destabilize more countries in 6 years than Bush did in 8).

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Oh seriously do shut up! The main reason muslims get lumped together is how the hell can they be separated? Moderate Muslims as they are referred to are hated almost as much as we are. To the faithful followers of Islam a moderate westernised Muslim is damn near apostate. There are either muslims or non muslims to these people no in between. Their holy book demands death to non believers...does the bible and is it followed to the absolute letter by huge numbers all united in their hatred? no

The main reason Islam has been so succesful in conquering most of the planet for 1000's of years is the very fact that there are no half measures, they are united and a united force is very very hard to beat. We on the other hand are far from united and if anything should kick off, there will be meetings committees votes and god knows what before any action is taken, meanwhile the Islamic extremists who have now infiltrated most of Europe will be doing their thing and threatening the "moderates" to either support & follow or die.

I have worries of course I do its a bad situation but its going to be just as bad for the Sikhs & Hindus too who will get it from both sides both white & Muslim

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join