It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There 'Moderate Muslims' or Is Islam a Flawed Ideology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Of course there are. As a younger man in the military I was fortunate to live in the country of Turkey. This is a Muslim country but also home to many Christians. I lived in the village of Adana just outside of Incirlik AB. My landlord was a Turkish policeman and his wife and young son.

They never preached to me but often asked questions about my own faith as they were very curious of "American" beliefs. I tried hard to explain that my beliefs were not necessarily "America's beliefs" and that beliefs varied widely with the individual. I found them charming people who only wanted to raise their son to have a better life than what they did and the boy was just like any kid everywhere, and was enamored with Americans and even though he spoke very little English he tried at 6 years old.

Outside of the village in town the people were the same everywhere, very friendly and love to speak with you. People are the same everywhere, its not the religion or choice of religion but the individual choices that perverts it. They prayed 3 times a day, didn't eat pork, at least not knowingly, we had a neighbor who used to raid our ice box for hot dogs and when we told him they were pork he just about killed over. We bought a pack of beef hot dogs for him every time we went to the grocery store from that point on and made sure he knew which was which.

Turkey has changed a lot but I doubt the people have given up their dreams for their children as well as for themselves. They loved their country and they loved Allah which I believe is the same God many Americans worship, there is only a difference in the stories and how to find him. They watched TV at night and played soccer during the day and went to work just like Americans. They did not believe in suicide bombings and the other non sense that some of the Islamist faith embrace.

So just like there are extremist Christians there are extremist in Islam, but both faiths, which have a lot more in common than people think, share a love of God and share moderate simple people whose only wish is live together in peace with everyone. They have managed for many years to live with Christians and Catholics all together sharing food, fun, and even holidays as my landlord use to give me a Christmas present each year.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll leave that thread here...

Pictures deleted were all separate protests by Muslims denouncing terror.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Yes Saudi is ran by psychos, and this thread is saying all muslims are like that. So again, look away from Saudi ans sew how untrue that is.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Doesn't matter, apparently you all want to live in Saudi or in a similar fashion, gosh Charlie don't you know anything.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Islam is an organized religion, as such, it is inherently flawed.

Sorry for the simple answer however it was a simple question.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

edit on 24-9-2015 by notmyrealname because: dbl post

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes Saudi is ran by psychos, and this thread is saying all muslims are like that. So again, look away from Saudi ans sew how untrue that is.

Yes look away from Saudi. but, how far away?

Yemen, Syria, Pakistan, Lebanon, Gaza Strip? Plenty of psychos there.

Definitely not Afghanistan, they like raping their goats and young boys too much there....

Maybe further...to the outskirts of Paris? Where whole neighborhoods are controlled by Sharia Law?

Or even further...to the ghettos of London? Where there is an epidemic of Muslim violence against women?

How 'bout Chechnya? No, seems there are psychos there too....

Nigeria? Sudan? Somalia? Nope, not there either...

OK, lets get over the pond, and look at neighborhoods in Dearborn, in Minneapolis?? I'll be damned if they ain't there too protesting for Sharia Law....

Just HOW far away do we have to look to find where there are no Muslim psychos?
edit on 24-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Of course there are. As a younger man in the military I was fortunate to live in the country of Turkey. This is a Muslim country but also home to many Christians. I lived in the village of Adana just outside of Incirlik AB. My landlord was a Turkish policeman and his wife and young son.

They never preached to me but often asked questions about my own faith as they were very curious of "American" beliefs. I tried hard to explain that my beliefs were not necessarily "America's beliefs" and that beliefs varied widely with the individual. I found them charming people who only wanted to raise their son to have a better life than what they did and the boy was just like any kid everywhere, and was enamored with Americans and even though he spoke very little English he tried at 6 years old.

Outside of the village in town the people were the same everywhere, very friendly and love to speak with you. People are the same everywhere, its not the religion or choice of religion but the individual choices that perverts it. They prayed 3 times a day, didn't eat pork, at least not knowingly, we had a neighbor who used to raid our ice box for hot dogs and when we told him they were pork he just about killed over. We bought a pack of beef hot dogs for him every time we went to the grocery store from that point on and made sure he knew which was which.

Turkey has changed a lot but I doubt the people have given up their dreams for their children as well as for themselves. They loved their country and they loved Allah which I believe is the same God many Americans worship, there is only a difference in the stories and how to find him. They watched TV at night and played soccer during the day and went to work just like Americans. They did not believe in suicide bombings and the other non sense that some of the Islamist faith embrace.

So just like there are extremist Christians there are extremist in Islam, but both faiths, which have a lot more in common than people think, share a love of God and share moderate simple people whose only wish is live together in peace with everyone. They have managed for many years to live with Christians and Catholics all together sharing food, fun, and even holidays as my landlord use to give me a Christmas present each year.

C'mon man, Turks don't eat pork?!

How about they don't drink the national alcoholic beverage, Laki?!

How long did you spend there to develop such a narrow view of the Turks?
edit on 24-9-2015 by notmyrealname because: k

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Perhaps the 'moderate Muslim' is also afraid of getting killed? Have You asked any? Where was ISIS before the war mongers wanted Assad out? Now all of a sudden they pop up on the screen ala Ebola, not only that but they have the latest weaponry and new vehicles in which to transport said arms.
I'm curious as to ANY video of a 'reported ISIS terrorist' without a hood and gloves, who exactly are THEY? I wonder where THEY get their $$$? I wonder if THEY are related to "our" THEY? Wouldn't THEY want the publicity to show the folks back home? Wouldn't that help out in recruiting?

I remember living across from Persians after 'our THEY' took out their leader and stuck in their own, remember that?

Now I'm certainly not typing that I think this is going on but wouldn't be surprised if 10-15 years down the line it comes out that more than the U.S. and it's 51 st. state Israel, had a hand in stirring other bee's wax..

••• Important Note ••• Because it is part/parcel of an organized religion™ specifically one of Abe's seed so strife/war/agony are ALL part of it, these folks got the same twisted message from organized religion™ it is just that they got lied to in Arabic..
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Ya if you think areas are controlled by sharia law in the states or Paris then there is no use. Both are huge fabrications.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
There's millions of Muslims living in the US and we haven't had a terrorist attack since 9/11. Most of the terrorist attacks we've had since then have been by rabid right wing Christians bombing clinics and shooting up Jewish and Hindu temples.

Now now,

Christian phobia will not be tolerated here.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Of course there are moderate muslims.
There are actually two types of muslims.

Extremist muslims and moderate muslims.

Extremist ones want to kill all non muslims

Moderate ones want the extremists to kill all non muslims.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Actually what makes a 'moderate' muslim in the west is that separation of church, and state.

So i gotta go with the op on this Islam is flawed.

As it is a marriage made in hell of political and religious views.

Carson said something to the effect, and all hell broke loose for stating the truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes look away from Saudi. but, how far away?

Yemen, Syria, Pakistan, Lebanon, Gaza Strip? Plenty of psychos there.

Definitely not Afghanistan, they like raping their goats and young boys too much there....

Maybe further...to the outskirts of Paris? Where whole neighborhoods are controlled by Sharia Law?

Or even further...to the ghettos of London? Where there is an epidemic of Muslim violence against women?

How 'bout Chechnya? No, seems there are psychos there too....

Nigeria? Sudan? Somalia? Nope, not there either...

OK, lets get over the pond, and look at neighborhoods in Dearborn, in Minneapolis?? I'll be damned if they ain't there too protesting for Sharia Law....

Just HOW far away do we have to look to find where there are no Muslim psychos?

I could name plenty of countries that have Christian psychos, Buddhist psychos, Jewish psychos, as well as non-religious psychos. In Australia we also have a problem with violence against women but it is a problem across the board, not limited to Muslim communities. As for the rape of young boys, the Catholic Church here has an ingrained problem that the church has tried to cover up and even thwart a commission into the church's abuse of young boys.

What was your point again?
edit on 24-9-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

And there will be a flood of posters that will ignore the expressed intents of the Islamic leaders, and ignore the radicalism, the subjugation of women, the abuse of children, the denial of free speech, the abject hostility towards other cultures and religions and lifestyles not their own...who will come and blame all of the anger on Faux News.

Just as you can see the Muslim leaders that denounce any acts of terrorism because it goes against the Islamic faith. Oh that's right we never get to that on the MSM here in the states because that wouldn't help the Islam is evil propaganda the MSM is feeding to the simple minded.

and no acknowledgement of the brutal tactics that ideology uses to attain its goals, which are none short of wiping out all that oppose them.

How is that any different from what America does? Don't want a central bank? You get invaded. Want to sell your oil for something besides the dollar? You get invaded.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Of course there are moderate muslims.
There are actually two types of muslims.

Extremist muslims and moderate muslims.

Extremist ones want to kill all non muslims

Moderate ones want the extremists to kill all non muslims.

Unfortunately, that's about the size of it.

edit on 24-9-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
We have not only Arab Islamic extremist in our country preaching "Kill America", but Black Islamist as well who hate White people and consider us the devil. Farrakhan has even spoke of killing the Whites. Islam is a hateful religion lead by narcissistic psychopaths.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sufism, a branch of Islam, seems pretty peaceful to me. I've never met a Muslim that adheres to forcing their Religion on me. That's my small personal experience though.
An explanation of Sufism,
www.britannica.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have been trying to envision a scenario where 'moderate Muslims' will live peacefully with people of other faiths or even in a secular society and to be honest I can't see it happening. The term 'moderate Muslim' itself may be flawed.

Many like to say that the problem with Islam is 'Islamic Extremists', but is it really? Many like to say things would be okay if 'moderate Muslims' would speak up. I am wondering if that is true.

What if Islam is simply a fundamentally flawed ideology? I know some say it is a religion, but it is the political movement associated with Islam that is incompatible with the West and other secular nations.

What if instead of 'moderate Muslims' we said 'moderate Nazis'? Could we say that it is only 'Nazi Extremists' that are the problem? If only the 'moderate Nazis' would speak up everything would be okay, right?

I would submit that instead Islam, like Nazism, are fatally flawed ideologies that simply don't allow for others to live in harmony with them. It simply isn't possible for these ideologies to work without destroying anyone that doesn't comply with their beliefs and agendas.

What do you think ATS?

Ahhh, the irony of a Christian talking about extremism. I hear this constant talk from Christians about hating the sin and not the sinner, but there are so many Christian bullies. Get your house in order. I'm down with some of the core Christian beliefs, but man you got a problem with keeping your team in check. I'm a Taoist, which should align well with most Christian beliefs, but in this town if you aren't attending church you might as well be the devil. Imaginary people in the clouds dictating how to live. You're a good man by all accounts of what you say here, but dogma is dogma. Where do we draw the line with faith-based beliefs? What is okay and what isn't? It's a great deal easier to decide when beliefs aren't tied in. I'm good if it doesn't infringe on my rights. Trouble is just about every religion has some belief that wants to infringe on my rights.

In this day and age if you're a Christian or a Muslim, should you step on my property and knock on my door, I have a 9mm waiting on the other side and a polite request for you to leave my property. All private roads here and unless you're a resident you have no business here. Moderate my ass. It is what it is. Dangerous days.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join