It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There 'Moderate Muslims' or Is Islam a Flawed Ideology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

All the religions do, this one is not different.

Do you know what commands those are btw?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
There's millions of Muslims living in the US and we haven't had a terrorist attack since 9/11. Most of the terrorist attacks we've had since then have been by rabid right wing Christians bombing clinics and shooting up Jewish and Hindu temples.

I appreciate your input, but I am not talking about the occasional nut job, because every group of people has that person. I am concerned that the fundamentals of Islam may not permit them to live peacefully with others and still practice their religion.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Many like to say that the problem with conservatism is 'right-wing extremists', but is it really? Many like to say things would be okay if 'moderate conservatives' would speak up. I am wondering if that is true.

What if conservatism is simply a fundamentally flawed ideology? I know some say it is a political ideology, but it is the bigotry and xenophobia associated with conservatism that is incompatible with the West and other secular nations.

What if instead of 'moderate conservatives' we said 'moderate Nazis'? Could we say that it is only 'Nazi Extremists' that are the problem? If only the 'moderate Nazis' would speak up everything would be okay, right?

There, I fixed it for you!
edit on 2015-9-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: higherconscience
We love life so much that we make it miserable for millions.

I repeat..it is a cess pool. a reply to: RustyNailer

this world is a pile of you know what...I can't argue with that.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Metallicus
au.yahoo.com...

Desert Islam (Wahhabism) spawned from Saudi Arabia is the root cause of the issue.

This is an excellent point. I think right now we are getting the 'desert Muslims' that are invading Europe and that is what we are seeing. I hadn't considered that maybe that seems to be the norm because that is what we are seeing right now on the television.

Sadly this doesn't remove the threat that the European nations will be facing in the future.
edit on 2015/9/24 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Or we could insert Liberalism. I am asking an honest question. I wish you wouldn't be so rude and deflect from my OP.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010Just as there will be many Islamophobes that have learned everything they know about Islam from FOX and other propaganda sites running in to agree with the op. So called Christian nations are invading other nations left and right and Islam is the danger.

And there will be a flood of posters that will ignore the expressed intents of the Islamic leaders, and ignore the radicalism, the subjugation of women, the abuse of children, the denial of free speech, the abject hostility towards other cultures and religions and lifestyles not their own...who will come and blame all of the anger on Faux News.

But no defense for the oppressed peoples of Islam. and no acknowledgement of the brutal tactics that ideology uses to attain its goals, which are none short of wiping out all that oppose them.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: higherconscience
Maybe western culture is what's really bad.. has anyone looked around lately? What a cess pool. Maybe it's time to flush the crap down.

Flush it and replace it with:

Subjugation of women,
keeping them under wraps (literally)
sending them into forced marriages
condoning beating them
marrying them off before puberty
not allowing them to drive

Killing gay people for being gay?

Condoning lying to people who aren't the same religion as you.

Condoning the killing of people who aren't the same religion as you.

Condoning the destruction of ancient artifacts that represent a religion that isn't yours.

Returning to prohibition?

No thanks, I'll keep the cess pool, thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Dude I know plenty of Muslims, there's plenty at my university and you couldn't differentiate them from the rest of the students. Turn off Fox News and stop reading the blaze so damn much and maybe then you could realize that most Muslims are peaceful people.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I can't give you exact quotes right now. I neither own a Koran nor am able to efficiently research right now. But like I said to not be subordinate to any other group, to spread Islam. Im not going to say more because I dont want to spread lies.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Metallicusau.yahoo.com...

Desert Islam (Wahhabism) spawned from Saudi Arabia is the root cause of the issue.

I have lived in Indonesia (worlds largest Islamic nation) and Malaysia (and on Christmas Island) for years at a time and folks are free from intimidation towards the practice of non-Islamic religions.

So, yeah, it's funny how the Middle East version is the root of extremism....and the further Muslims are disconnected from that, the more moderate they are.

This, needs to be quoted for truth.
Stop looking at the ME as the end all be all and assume all people act like that.

But we should look to the ME as what a country that
embraces fully Islam becomes.
Those countries are fully Islamic and live by Shariah law.
They are the ultimate example of what fully living Muslim life means.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

BS, it is what happens when you blow up a region for 30 years straight.

Hate begets hate people, have fun with your hate parade.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Dude I know plenty of Muslims, there's plenty at my university and you couldn't differentiate them from the rest of the students. Turn off Fox News and stop reading the blaze so damn much and maybe then you could realize that most Muslims are peaceful people.

I didn't realize that you were still in college and lacked life experience and were probably being brainwashed by liberal professors. I will try not to be so hard on you in the future.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

BS, it is what happens when you blow up a region for 30 years straight.

Hate begets hate people, have fun with your hate parade.

There is no hate parade here.

Look at Saudi Arabia, no blowing up for 30 years straight there.
Yet they are among the most repressive nations towards women
and young girls. (forced marriage, child brides, no driving,
not allowed in public without a male relative, wife beating is condoned)
They live fully under shariah.
There is full prohibition there.
Gay people are executed.
Women who are raped are executed or lashed.

Saudi Arabia is a superb example of what living a full Muslim life is
under shariah law.

No hate here, just rational and obvious truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If I took your entire post and replaced Muslim with Jew guess what kind of reaction I would get.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

And no one is saying we should live under a damn theocracy with a exteme interpretation of the book. How many of them live in Saudi btw? You think they are lining up to go live there?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

And no one is saying we should live under a damn theocracy with a exteme interpretation of the book. How many of them live in Saudi btw? You think they are lining up to go live there?

Well, per today's news they are definitely killing each other by the hundreds just to visit for their religion....and that happens year after year.

Yet not one death reported in the trampling stampedes to see the Pope...

Just saying.
edit on 24-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

If I took your entire post and replaced Muslim with Jew guess what kind of reaction I would get.

I don't think it would make any sense with Jew or even Christian.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

All I am saying is that Saudi Arabia
lives fully under Islamic law.
The live in a theocracy
that applies fully the Koran
in daily living. Therefore,
it is a model of what Islam
looks like when it is lived fully
and under the Koran.

Subjugation of women.
Sexual abuse of child brides.
Killing people for being gay.
etc.
It is a model the world can look
at for what does it mean to live
fully as a Muslim. You can not deny
that.
It is a stable country and a rich country.
Yet they fully embrace subjugation and abuse of women and girls.
They fully embrace the killing of gay people.
etc.

Yes Saudi Arabia is an example, one that the
world can clearly point to and say -
this is what it means to live a fully Muslim
life according to the Koran.

I'm not hating, just pointing out the obvious truth
of the situation.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Also. I'm not saying all Muslims behave that way. I'm saying what a true Muslim is. Not all act that way, but then not all are true followers of Islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join