It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There 'Moderate Muslims' or Is Islam a Flawed Ideology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have been trying to envision a scenario where 'moderate Muslims' will live peacefully with people of other faiths or even in a secular society and to be honest I can't see it happening. The term 'moderate Muslim' itself may be flawed.

Many like to say that the problem with Islam is 'Islamic Extremists', but is it really? Many like to say things would be okay if 'moderate Muslims' would speak up. I am wondering if that is true.

What if Islam is simply a fundamentally flawed ideology? I know some say it is a religion, but it is the political movement associated with Islam that is incompatible with the West and other secular nations.

What if instead of 'moderate Muslims' we said 'moderate Nazis'? Could we say that it is only 'Nazi Extremists' that are the problem? If only the 'moderate Nazis' would speak up everything would be okay, right?

I would submit that instead Islam, like Nazism, are fatally flawed ideologies that simply don't allow for others to live in harmony with them. It simply isn't possible for these ideologies to work without destroying anyone that doesn't comply with their beliefs and agendas.

What do you think ATS?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So all 1.5 billion of them are just waiting for the kaka to become radicals?

Maybe we should stop using isis and Saudi as the 'model' muslim.

Do you understand how many do in fact live peacefully with people everyday in the west?
edit on thThu, 24 Sep 2015 18:48:08 -0500America/Chicago920150880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I've had a discussion with a friend. And There is no "moderate" Muslim because those that are, aren't true Muslims in accordance to the Koran. Don't take that the wrong way though, nothing against Muslims, just to be clear.

link   

At any moment this OP will become flooded with neutered apologists that refuse to see truth. And we can't forget and "bigots" that are incapable of clearly articulating the danger islam presents the world, and thus alienating those that otherwise would agree.

link   
'White Man's Burden'

and

Missionaries and the Colonization by Spaniards & Britain of entire CONTINENTS comes to mind.

Oh wait, that wasn't ISLAM

Anyone seen APOCALYPTO?

TRAIL OF TEARS?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There's millions of Muslims living in the US and we haven't had a terrorist attack since 9/11. Most of the terrorist attacks we've had since then have been by rabid right wing Christians bombing clinics and shooting up Jewish and Hindu temples.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think you are spot on. Literally the book used by Islam to worship says right in it, go kill people. Stuff like that.

Yea, yea, yea, i know these lines were said later on but a different dude some Muslims choose to ignore but pish posh! Oh Islam says to kill infidels but all is well because this line cancels that line out! Give me a break. What a joke.

Kill the infidels! Oh no, wait, love them the same. No, kill them again!

Cmon, the entire religion is segregated based on who the last prophet really was when honestly Islam never had a true prophet of God. There was no Islam jesus named Muhammed. Muhammed took yearly trips to the pope at the Vatican. That is the extent of any prophets in Islam.

How much more flawed can you get?

The Catholics literally created Islam to keep that area of the world in chaos and it has worked beautifully.

Christianity has caused the same amouny of evil killing. Albeit the Christain extremists are the crazier ones. At least muslim extremists are only doing what their religion tells them to do. Koran is much more specific some details are imagined out of the bible by crazy Christians.
edit on 24-9-2015 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicusau.yahoo.com...

Desert Islam (Wahhabism) spawned from Saudi Arabia is the root cause of the issue.

I have lived in Indonesia (worlds largest Islamic nation) and Malaysia (and on Christmas Island) for years at a time and folks are free from intimidation towards the practice of non-Islamic religions.

So, yeah, it's funny how the Middle East version is the root of extremism....and the further Muslims are disconnected from that, the more moderate they are.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

The OT says almost the exact same things as what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I would think the moderate muslims living all around you in Cincinnati are pretty much the case in point that your theory is a wee bit flawed.

Every single religion in the world consists of people who range from "barely practising" to "radical extremist" on the spectrum. There is no religion on the planet that is immune from the complexity, variables, and fluidity of the human condition.

link   
Maybe western culture is what's really bad.. has anyone looked around lately? What a cess pool. Maybe it's time to flush the crap down.

link   
So after post after post about how Christianity is under attack, you now attack someone elses religion. Do unto others, friend.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Well I talked to a plenty of muslims that don't share that thought process at all, so your friend might be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I would submit that instead Islam, like Nazism, are fatally flawed ideologies that simply don't allow for others to live in harmony with them. It simply isn't possible for these ideologies to work without destroying anyone that doesn't comply with their beliefs and agendas.

What do you think ATS?

That you are wrong? Many Muslim nations have people of other faiths that live peacefully within them. Take Iran for example they have a large population of Jews that haven't been forced to convert and in fact they turned down the bribe money Israel offered them to move to Israel. Christians also lived peacefully in Syria before the western backed rebels start their little war against Assad. You know it doesn't hurt to research something before showing off your ignorance.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Metallicusau.yahoo.com...

Desert Islam (Wahhabism) spawned from Saudi Arabia is the root cause of the issue.

I have lived in Indonesia (worlds largest Islamic nation) and Malaysia (and on Christmas Island) for years at a time and folks are free from intimidation towards the practice of non-Islamic religions.

So, yeah, it's funny how the Middle East version is the root of extremism....and the further Muslims are disconnected from that, the more moderate they are.

This, needs to be quoted for truth.
Stop looking at the ME as the end all be all and assume all people act like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I used to think there were moderates, but their actions or should I say non-action has led me to believe that there isn't. Islam is a death cult, they love death, the way we love life...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well the Koran has many commands I suppose you can call them, to have the Muslims superior to any other group. Most aren't.

link   

originally posted by: Lipton

At any moment this OP will become flooded with neutered apologists that refuse to see truth. And we can't forget and "bigots" that are incapable of clearly articulating the danger islam presents the world, and thus alienating those that otherwise would agree.

Just as there will be many Islamophobes that have learned everything they know about Islam from FOX and other propaganda sites running in to agree with the op. So called Christian nations are invading other nations left and right and Islam is the danger.

link   
We love life so much that we make it miserable for millions.

I repeat..it is a cess pool. a reply to: RustyNailer

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah
'White Man's Burden'

and

Missionaries and the Colonization by Spaniards & Britain of entire CONTINENTS comes to mind.

Oh wait, that wasn't ISLAM

Anyone seen APOCALYPTO?

TRAIL OF TEARS?

EXACTLY.

And the guilt of that history is what is blinding the West to what is happening TODAY.

Which is a REPEAT of the Ottoman Conquest of Europe where Islam took over vast swaths of the Eurasian continent (you mean non-Europeans being conquerors? You don't say!!!)

This time, it will be played out worldwide, and take advantage of that lingering guilt of those horrible actions you list, that prevents the Europeans from doing what they have to do to protect their lands and culture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join