It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Announce Mars Mystery Solved on sept 28th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Aleister
Does anyone have a link for a live feed? I couldn't find one in a quick search of the thread. Thanks. And the news is embargoed until 11 eastern time in the U.S., so is the live feed going on at 11?

Here's a link to the NASA TV live feed: www.nasa.gov...

Their schedule page says that the briefing is supposed to start at 11:30am Eastern Time.

cwm

NASA TV has three channels (Public, Education, and Media). Your link is directly to NASA's "Public" channel. It might be on that Public channel , but the schedule I have linked above says it is not, and instead will be on NASA's "Media" channel, which you can click on via your link.

It looks as if the Public and Educational Channels will be showing the departure of the cargo ship from the ISS (which undocks at 11:20 EDT) but may be joining the Mars conference later.

The Media channel will cover the whole thing.

edit on 9/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Hopefully you're right. I've never watched a NASA news conference. Do they spend the first 20 minutes introducing people, giving thanks, and background info that eventually brings them to their "announcement(s)"?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

NASA is one of the highest failing company's of all time !

Not possible since they are not a company but a gov't entity.

Id actually be embarrassed to work for them ! And how many times have they gone oops and the gener public didn't hear it !

Hundreds ! Cos if you deny that than you either ,

A, work for NASA or
B, work for NASA.

Having worked at NASA as an engineer in the past , I can tell you that I was honored to have been part of the space program and not embarrassed what so ever.

I don't think you grasp how incredibly difficult and amazing the engineering that goes behind what NASA does.

One of the benefits to the general public from NASA and even the DOD is that : NASA and DOD dwell into many areas that the general public or private industries don't go into because of risks, money or the potential of return on investments. They set the bar and vision and help advance technology where the private industry might not be inclined to invest in.

edit on 10930America/ChicagoMon, 28 Sep 2015 10:10:23 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just saw THIS article on my twitter feed regarding mars and possible flowing water. Its from cnbc!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hopefully you're right. I've never watched a NASA news conference. Do they spend the first 20 minutes introducing people, giving thanks, and background info that eventually brings them to their "announcement(s)"?

You can see all of the Mars conference on NASA TV's Media Channel, even if NASA TV's other two channels are still covering the undocking of the ISS cargo craft.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mods are gonna have fun closing all the new threads morons on here are gonna make about this without doing a search beforehand...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

You can see all of the Mars conference on NASA TV's Media Channel, even if NASA TV's other two channels are still covering the undocking of the ISS cargo craft.

Too many visitors. The feed is fading fast... Just like it did last night during the Lunar Eclipse. sigh...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Mods are gonna have fun closing all the new threads morons on here are gonna make about this without doing a search beforehand...

I'm waiting for the multitude of threads pronouncing how boring and anticlimactic some people thought the announcement was. There will be people who find anything short of ZZZOMG!!! Aliens!!! to be boring, so they will be let down and feel this discovery is anticlimactic.

Some people just don't seem to like real hard-working science. They only want their science to be of the history-making, earth-shattering, throw-away-all-of -the-textbooks variety....or else they don't want to hear about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
I didn't see this posted yet and with keywords like "september 28th" you can imagine how hard it could be finding out if it's already posted somewhere

Seems NASA is going to announce something about Mars mystery

So, life was found? The reason for the demise of the planet are confirmed? or something less mundane and into the realm of pseudo-science?
Anyone heard rumors about this?

Mars' oceans came from the exploding planet way before the Noah-Gilgamesh flood here on Earth

2nd line of data

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Lol...indeed...all bases covered...if need be

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It's all small steps towards Man on Mars in the future.

Some people don't know what it takes for that big step.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
THIS IS IT!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's called "the saline slopes of Mars"

I think maybe it's about the "wet" streaks seen on slopes of Mars being streaks of liquid water, which stays liquid longer (due to salinity) before sublimating away.

But that's a guess.

link   
Garbage.
NASA is garbage.
It's all lies.
There was and is life on Mars.
Simple as that.

-Toy the Bear

link   
CBC link still showing the space station? I'm having no luck with the NASA media link.

link   
Saline slopes of mars? So they found water?

Plus the wording they are using... "apparently dead" Wait so theres life?

I hate it when they drag on these things

edit on 28-9-2015 by capragenus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Omg the stream keep freezing for me :O

And CNN show Trump non-stop...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: capragenus

As I said in my post above, I wonder if the explanation for those dark streaks on slopes that have been seen for years is that they are caused by liquid water, and that liquid water remains on the surface longer (before sublimating away) because of a high saline content.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
THIS IS IT!!!!

Yep..it's briny water. heavy.com...

Can you Imagine the build up to an announcement that intelligent life has been found!?!?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: capragenus

Plus the wording they are using... "apparently dead" Wait so theres life?

I hate it when they drag on these things

Well, they don't know for sure if Mars is dead, thus it is only "apparently dead".

NASA never said that there is NO CHANCE there is anything alive on Mars. In fact, some NASA astrobiologists think there may be current life under the surface.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join