It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Announce Mars Mystery Solved on sept 28th

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
Smart money is on the discovery of non-frozen water beyond the poles.

This increases the chances of finding evidence of life, but more practically would make a manned Mars mission much easier.

They also said it solves a mystery, which to me sounds like something that has been a mystery for a while (although I could be wrong).

ArMaP posted a few pages back that maybe it was the mystery of the dark flows, which are those streaks on Mars that look like wet streaks of soil caused by water currently flowing on or just below the surface. These streaks have been seen for several years now, and I think it could be something like that.

Or maybe it is more definitive evidence on how Mars lost its surface water in the first place.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

For any Brits or anyone interested, sky news is showing the conference @16:30.

Described as a major finding.

A L I E N S !

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
It will be as mundane as can be, I have no doubt.

Mundane for some, but almost all NASA science announcements (the ones that many people call mundane) are very exciting to people who are interested in planetary sciences and the geology and chemistry of other planets.

I always have found something interesting in these regular conferences that NASA holds to give updates as to the science that they are doing, and discusses their latest findings. Some of those latest findings are something that a few people may think are mundane, but others think they are very interesting. The finding does not need to be about the discovery of alien life to be highly interesting.

Trust me, they would not wait until these regularly held conferences (that are scheduled a couple of weeks ahead of time) to tell of a huge history-changing discovery, such as hard evidence of life. They would probably have a special news conference right away.

However, that does not mean the science in these regularly held "science update" conferences are mundane. I find them all interesting.

edit on 9/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Today is the day.. hoping for something interesting!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
They can't prove existence of microbiological life, because bright scientists from NASA forgot to put freakin' microscope on the rover.
This mission wasn't about that, it was about finding building blocks of life, which they did find.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

What do you base that belief on ?

Isn't it more like a dream...

I could use that exact same logic for Religion.

It's a belief, nothing to add to it.

And the implications to history books, religion e.c.t would be astronomical to come out full force with it I would of thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

From what I understand they don't make money on the patents

I'm not absolutely sure (and I'm lazy), but I believe government agencies can't patent their discoveries.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I could use that exact same logic for Religion.

Religion is based off of documentation and historical events.

And the implications to history books, religion e.c.t would be astronomical to come out full force with it I would of thought.

I think NASA couldn't care less, they would have their arms in the air dancing the victory dance..

But, Nvm. i was just curious to what make you believe..
edit on 28-9-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I think NASA couldn't care less, they would have their arms in the air dancing the victory dance..

but it's not just NASA's call is it ? Civilian authorities might have something to say about it.

Also..I'm dead sure...you have many God believers...working at NASA.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Maybe what they're announcing is a promotion for the "Martian" movie that opens this week? The timing sure is right.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The only thing that was needed to change is, God created Earth AND Mars, jobs done, religion can go on...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

The only thing that was needed to change is, God created Earth AND Mars, jobs done, religion can go on...

haha...still a small rewrite would be in order. Some would ask...how come God forgot to mention that first time around

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Maybe he did, but the Vatican choose to hide it, they will then come forward with some dusty scrolls...."Ups we just found this"...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Genesis 1:1 -- "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

...The heavens and the earth. That just about covers the whole universe, including Mars.

So for the people who are inclined to believe in God and believe in the bible is (in general) God's holy document, then it seems that they could believe God cretaed the Earth, Mars, Humans, and th erest of the universe, including other intelligent beings on other worlds.

Maybe our bible says "...God created the heavens and the earth", while the bible for aliens on planet Zorg says "...God created the heavens and Zorg".

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link for a live feed? I couldn't find one in a quick search of the thread. Thanks. And the news is embargoed until 11 eastern time in the U.S., so is the live feed going on at 11?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
How much longer until the news conference?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I actually always believed The Creator is a Terra forming spaceship, but that's a completely different topic.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I don't know about a direct link, but this page lists the schedule for the three NASA TV channels, and the conference is listed on NTV-3 (Media Channel). So if you click on that channel and wait until 11:45 EDT, you will probably see it (be aware the the scheduled start time is now 11:45 EDT)

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 9/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Does anyone have a link for a live feed? I couldn't find one in a quick search of the thread. Thanks. And the news is embargoed until 11 eastern time in the U.S., so is the live feed going on at 11?

Here's a link to the NASA TV live feed: www.nasa.gov...

Their schedule page says that the briefing is supposed to start at 11:30am Eastern Time.

cwm

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Mucho thanks. Now I can have a front row seat while not having to put my shoes on.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join