It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Interview: Kim Davis Talks To Megyn Kelly About Gay Marriage Licenses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

However what he stated was very clear and should not be ignored and taken as fact

What difference does it make if the client refuses to adhere to the judges order?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Your link does not refute his statements

was ordered detained for contempt of court and later rejected a proposal

get it? she requested that before she was detained

only after her request was denied and then she was detained did she then decide to not seek resolutions

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

However what he stated was very clear and should not be ignored and taken as fact

What difference does it make if the client refuses to adhere to the judges order?

this happened before the judges order

it makes a big difference if she requested to have others issue the license and that was denied and she was sent to jail then ordered to have others issue the license

after the judge did his dance then he ordered her to do what she requested in the first place. that made the issue into what it is now

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

this happened before the judges order

You're just making stuff up. I'm done. UNTIL you provide a NEWS link. Not just some offhand remark by her lying lawyer.

On second thought, I'm done. You won't provide a link because you can't. Because it's not true.
edit on 9/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

it makes a big difference if she requested to have others issue the license and that was denied and she was sent to jail then ordered to have others issue the license

Only if her name is not on the form.

Anyway, her actions of altering licenses already issued shows she never intended to allow her ckerks to do the job.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That was a link from a news site

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
No that means she is bitter from being thrown in jail after having a judge order her to do something she requested to do before she went to jail

I get it though nothing will change any minds

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
the best I can find says that lawyers are not allowed to lie but they are under no obligation to know the truth

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

No that means she is bitter from being thrown in jail after having a judge order her to do something she requested to do before she went to jail

I get it though nothing will change any minds

That's really reaching on your part.

If that's all she wanted, this should be over.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

unless the judge denied her request as her lawyer stated

oreilly went out of his way to get clarification and the lawyer doubled down on the comment

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As I stated:

The attorney also reiterated that Davis "cannot affix her name or her title, under her authority, to a marriage license. ... That is for Kim Davis a heaven or hell decision."

Any "compromise" from Kim's side was conditional.

And rejected.

www.npr.org...

edit on 25-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

unless the judge denied her request as her lawyer stated

oreilly went out of his way to get clarification and the lawyer doubled down on the comment

Not interested in anything O'Reilly says. I watched him for years.

I know his tactics.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Did anyone catch how Kim dodged the question asking what if a Muslim had done what she did? As I recall she basically steamrolled over the issue citing something about millions of Christians in support of her.

Just imagine if Kim had been Muslim?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

the best I can find says that lawyers are not allowed to lie but they are under no obligation to know the truth

So are you saying that when lawyers make statements to the press that their clients are innocent we should believe them because they are not allowed to lie?

You are not allowed to lie under oath and that is well known. It still happens, but unless you can present the actual law saying lawyers cannot tell a lie then we should just chalk up your claim to fanciful thinking.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

basically what she was inferring is that since there was so many that thought the same way, that gave her justification for an accommodation, but since, well, there are not as many muslims, well, their religious beliefs don't warrant the same consideration, or that was how took it at least.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

nothing specific as I noted in the post

however they are bound by ethics and could be disbarred if the issue were pushed

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Did anyone catch how Kim dodged the question asking what if a Muslim had done what she did? As I recall she basically steamrolled over the issue citing something about millions of Christians in support of her.

Yes then many here would support her...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

oh yes, I am sure that we'd all stand behind the muslim refusing driver's licenses to all women, or refusing to serve men before measuring their beards.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

yea kinda like the enormous out cry over the muslim flight attendant that refused to serve alcohol

I have no problem admitting I am hypocritical

if you really had not heard tom petty then you are in for quite a treat with his music

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yes then many here would support her...

Statements like this are ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join