It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Interview: Kim Davis Talks To Megyn Kelly About Gay Marriage Licenses

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
NAH
faulty reporting
The first communication with the judge that put her in jail was a plea let others in the office issue the license.

YOUR reporting is faulty! LOL! She asked the GOVERNOR of Kentucky (not a federal judge) for a special session to discuss it, but he declined, saying they were obligated to follow the law and it was too expensive. It wasn't until Aug. 12 that the judge got involved by issuing a ruling, saying she had to obey the law.

He denied her that right and tried to force herself to sign off on it and only after being in jail did she decide to not sign off on the false documents.

Wrong again. She has not issued a license herself since the Supreme Court ruling in June. And she forbade her deputies from doing so as well. NO ONE was been able to get a license in Rowan county since the Monday after the SC ruling until the day she went to jail.

Kim Davis Timeline

June 26, 2015: The U.S. Supreme Court rules 5-4 that states must recognize and allow gay marriage. Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear directs county clerks to comply.

June 29: Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis declines to issue licenses to gay or straight couples, saying her religious views prohibit her endorsing same-sex marriage.

July 2: ACLU sues Davis and Rowan County on behalf of four couples, two gay and two straight, who were denied marriage licenses.

July 8: Some Kentucky county clerks ask for special session of the General Assembly to consider a bill to accommodate those who say they can't issue licenses for religious reasons; Beshear declines, citing in part the expense.

Aug. 12. U.S. District Judge David Bunning says Davis must issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Aug. 27: The U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals declines to grant Davis a stay, affirming Bunning's ruling

Sept. 1: The Supreme Court refuses to grant a stay to Davis

Sept. 3. Davis is found in contempt and taken into custody.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I was going by her lawyers statements and I provided the link to him saying such

you fully missed my point and provide a partial timeline that undermines the truth

when her lawyer spoke to the judge the judge declined an offer to let her employees under her to issue the licenses

only after she sat in jail did she decide to not sign off on the documents

edit on 25-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: deadeyedick

Sorry, i should have clarified that example better, people would care if it wasn't about GLBTQ+ or Muslims, or "Progressive Liberal" or "Feminist"..

See, this is the problem.. you don't know how it feels until it's happened to you.. has it happened to me? yes

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I don't care what her lawyers said, I care what ACTUALLY happened. He also said she wouldn't interfere with her deputies issuing licenses... But she did. He's clearly not averse to lying.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

of coarse you do not care what the other side of the story is because that would interfere with your agenda to misrepresent the truth

facts are facts and you have the right to ignore them

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

of coarse you do not care what the other side of the story is because that would interfere with your agenda to misrepresent the truth

facts are facts and you have the right to ignore them

Huh?

Fact. Her lawyer said she wouldn't interfere. She did.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

only after she was denied a request she made to the judge to have someone else in her office issue the license. He did not let that happen and instead put her in jail. Only after sitting in jail did she interfere with others using her idea to issue the license. jail tends to make people want to fight back

Are we clear on that yet???

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Before being locked up her lawyer asked the judge to let others issue the license.

He said no go to jail.

that was the tipping point for this event

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here is the link again

Please watch

link

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

only after she was denied a request she made to the judge to have someone else in her office issue the license. He did not let that happen and instead put her in jail.

Cool story. To bad it isn't true.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

only after she was denied a request she made to the judge to have someone else in her office issue the license. He did not let that happen and instead put her in jail. Only after sitting in jail did she interfere with others using her idea to issue the license. jail tends to make people want to fight back

What? No.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Perhaps?

However it is what her lawyer put forth in the interview I linked

If true then it certainly puts this in a different light

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Lawyers are known for being truthful?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Kim could have at any time had another clerk issue the licenses.

But, her signature still has to be on the form.

She refused. She is still refusing. And committed a criminal act by altering government forms.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

only after she was denied a request she made to the judge to have someone else in her office issue the license. He did not let that happen and instead put her in jail.

All you have to do is provide a link (not her lawyer's claim) and I'll admit that I was wrong. EVERY source goes against what you are saying.

Only after sitting in jail did she interfere with others using her idea to issue the license.

Absolutely NOT true!

Sept 3. At least two couples said they plan to request licenses at Rowan County Courthouse on Friday, possibly prevailing in a two-month standoff with Davis, who has turned away all couples since June in response to the Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage. Source

Did you get that? She had TURNED AWAY ALL COUPLES since the Supreme Court ruling, not issuing licenses herself and not allowing her deputies to do so.

Why do you think she was sued? If her deputies were issuing licenses, there would have been no lawsuit, because the citizens would have gotten their licenses! They sued because they couldn't get one!

I am.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You all have made it clear in the past that there are laws against them lying

So they have to be word smiths

However what he stated was very clear and should not be ignored and taken as fact

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well as much as you seem to be up on this it may be a benefit for you to click the link I provided multiple times and then give us your take on how it fits into your manufactured timeline

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Oh, i don't know if I've heard that song before.. i like it

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You all have made it clear in the past that there are laws against them lying

So they have to be word smiths

However what he stated was very clear and should not be ignored and taken as fact

Laws against lawyers lying to reporters???

I need a source for that one.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Here is the link again

Please watch

link

I watched it. Twice. Her lawyer is LYING. SHE is the one who rejected the compromise:

The clerk, Kim Davis of Rowan County, Ky., was ordered detained for contempt of court and later rejected a proposal to allow her deputies to process same-sex marriage licenses that could have prompted her release.

Source

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join