It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Interview: Kim Davis Talks To Megyn Kelly About Gay Marriage Licenses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Annee
maybe kin to me

I never said they did not have the right but sometimes better judgment could have been used

Very true, Kim should have judged a lot better and just done her job!

thank you for proving my point

the two are militant on the issue and decided to join the war

Wrong again, the stupid woman, Kim, is the only one who wanted war, all she had to do was her job.

DITTO

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well Kim tells how in January she wrote all her representatives above her in ky. and asked for them to provide a solution to the problem she seen coming.

That was probably her first mistake -- believing that her superiors would do the right thing under the law. She made a target of herself for those who want to twist the laws for their own purposes. She had ever right under the state and federal Religious Freedom Restoration Acts to request reasonable accommodations. Her rights were trampled in the worst way. And the assault continues.

She states that she received only one response. Just that fact alone puts this event in a different light.

This shouldn't be new information. I was discussing this a few weeks ago with a few others, and this was among several things we couldn't pin down because the information just wasn't available. The MSM was working overtime to push an agenda... big on propaganda, short on facts.

Megan also interviewed the couple that decided that the only way they could find love in their 17 yr relationship is to single out a person that disagrees with their union and force their way of life upon her. That folks is just not right.

I have no doubt that they are working with others, perhaps even with the governor, to target Kim Davis to set legal precedent and case law -- no matter how many rights they have to trample in the meantime. Unfortunately, too many people are too quick to throw her rights away because they don't think she should have those rights... much the same way too many people were too quick to throw away gay marriage rights because they don't think gays should have those rights.

I have been recently questioned of my view that these issues are decaying our morality and this is the decay i speak of. Going out of your way to force someone to do something just out of revenge for yrs of suffering is no way to proceed.

Force is always the first sign of a violation of natural rights.

ETA: Here's a link to the transcript for those who cannot or don't want to watch the videos. The Kim Davis interview begins about halfway down the page:

'Kelly File' exclusive: Kim Davis speaks out about time in jail; couple denied marriage license shares their side
edit on 24-9-2015 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Not many seem to value the will of the people

This is the reason she will remain the county clerk

only a small handful oppose her

everyone else supports her in the area

Everyone supports her in the area?
Everyone in the area must be equally as bigoted and stupid as she is.
See? Just because you have the numbers doesn't change the truth.
Like I said, 410000 types of Christianity, and not a shred of evidence to show that any of them are real. The numbers are there, but it's all just "faith."

edit on 24-9-2015 by Badgered1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
She had ever right under the state and federal Religious Freedom Restoration Acts to request reasonable accommodations. Her rights were trampled in the worst way.

Actually NO.

The judge said she did not qualify - - as her job is only to verify clerical information.

Nothing in her job description changed. Its the exact same job.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: deadeyedick

Love that you are calling two people Militants because they refuse to let Religious Tyranny control the Law

I calls em like I see em

they let making a point supersede their love

sad in many ways

both the interviews are worth a watch

and kim let her little cracker jack box of "ideals" supersede the constitutional rights of americans, and to a greater extent the inalienable rights of a human being.

She's a horrible horrible person.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1

Not many seem to value the will of the people

This is the reason she will remain the county clerk

only a small handful oppose her

everyone else supports her in the area

Everyone supports her in the area?
Everyone in the area must be equally as bigoted and stupid as she is.
See? Just because you have the numbers doesn't change the truth.
Like I said, 410000 types of Christianity, and not a shred of evidence to show that any of them are real. The numbers are there, but it's all just "faith."

Everyone does not support her.

Kim Davis' One Gay Friend - - Dallas Black

“Kim Davis has become the face of Morehead, and that’s not the face we want to portray,” he said.

Morehead is one of the most progressive college towns in Kentucky, Black proudly said. In 2013, its city council unanimously passed an LGBT non-discrimination ordinance, only the sixth city in Kentucky to do so. With its arts scene, students, and coffee shops, Black said many LGBT Kentuckians choose to make it their home.

“This is kind of like a sanctuary for people who came to [Morehead State University]. They live here now, they’ve made it their home because it’s so progressive,” he said. “And now it’s like, what is this place we live in? This is not the home we know. We don’t feel safe now. That’s ultimately what she did. She made us feel like our home was invaded by strangers, and she made us strangers to it.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 24-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Ok, Kim is not a "Face for freedom" or a "Religious Martyr" she is someone that is Breaking the Law

Ok, i understand you don't agree with Equality, or Marriage Equality or "Gay Law".. sorry, not sorry it is, and it has been since the 14th Amendment was created.. you don't think She has to follow the constitution? Ok, then no one has to respect her First Amendment of "Religious Freedom" either, so she has no base for her argument and she is using it to hide hes Bias discrimination

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Kim Davis is a damn attention whore...the Governor of Kentucky should bring the legislation into session and re-call or impeach Mrs. Davis out of her obligation to the people of Kentucky. Let God write her check for a few months.......Prayer don't pay the rent.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
She should now be charged with the crime of altering official government forms.

She belongs back in jail.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My favourite part is when she says:

"In 2015? Have we come to a place that we can't accommodate everybody? That we can't agree to disagree and just respect everybody?"

She needs to put those words in a spoon and eat them.

Jesus had infinitely more to say about hypocrites than homosexuals, just throwing those facts out there.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Yes Jesus ate with sinners including people like Kim Davis.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t
I do not expect for you to do any thing that goes against your agenda.

Agenda? You mean wanting equal rights? Wow...what a horrible agenda. Howo dare gays demand they be treated equally! HOW DARE THEY push their love for each other in our faces!!??

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
She had ever right under the state and federal Religious Freedom Restoration Acts to request reasonable accommodations.

Yes, she had the right to REQUEST. But she had no right to demand or receive them. Besides, they DID accommodate her! They told her that SHE didn't have to issue them, but not to interfere in her deputies' duties to do so.

But it has come out that she actually confiscated and altered ALL licenses issued to gay people while she was in jail. AND she's interfering with her deputies issuing licenses. She disobeyed a court order (again). She's breaking the law.

Unfortunately, too many people are too quick to throw her rights away because they don't think she should have those rights...

What rights is she being denied? SPECIFICALLY. Just saying "her right to practice her religion" or "religious freedom" doesn't say specifically what she's being denied.

Force is always the first sign of a violation of natural rights.

And Davis is using her authority to FORCE her religious beliefs on the people who pay her salary.
edit on 9/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Out here in the real world, it's not uncommon not to get an accommodation that you are legally entitled to, be it on religious grounds, physical limitations, whatever. if the accommodation that is necessary overly burdens the employer, they can get an exemption from the demand to accommodate. the courts have been really quite lenient towards employers as far as what is overly burdensome.
and this case will set a precedent that will extend out far and wide. if one of the dmvs has a supervisor overseeing it that is arab, should we tolerate that dmv being forced to refuse driver's licenses to women because of his religious beliefs?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

a reply to: Krazysh0t
I do not expect for you to do any thing that goes against your agenda.

Agenda? You mean wanting equal rights? Wow...what a horrible agenda. Howo dare gays demand they be treated equally! HOW DARE THEY push their love for each other in our faces!!??

That was not the agenda he was promoting in the knee jerk post.

It was a hate agenda and it came off very clear.

Equal rights can and have been gained without returning the hate that has been garnered in the past.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We will get no where in bridging the gap of the two sides without some type of compromise.

not compromise of actual right but just working with eachother in a positive manner

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: DeadFoot

Yes Jesus ate with sinners including people like Kim Davis.

nobody likes crowpie

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We will get no where in bridging the gap of the two sides without some type of compromise.

Agreed. The governor offered her a compromise and she refused. SHE is the one not willing to compromise. You do realize that the essence of compromise if that BOTH SIDES have to give something, right?

Since June, the government of Kentucky has been willing to compromise and accommodate her personal religious beliefs. SHE has not. She could just let her deputies issue valid licenses, but she continues to mess with people's lives.

Did you read my whole post? She CONFISCATED gay people's marriage licenses and altered them to make them illegal.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
OMG - - more whining and blaming everyone else

Is this a surprise? NO

Clerk Kim Davis Switching Parties to Become a Republican

Clerk Kim Davis Switching Parties to Become a Republican
By CLAIRE GALOFARO, ASSOCIATED PRESS LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Sep 25, 2015,

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, a longtime Democrat, says she is switching to the Republican Party because she feels abandoned by Democrats in her fight against same-sex marriage.

Davis' made the announcement while in Washington, D.C., to attend the Family Research Council's Value Voters Summit, said Charla Bansley, a spokeswoman for Liberty Counsel, which represents Davis in her legal battles.

"I've always been a Democrat, but the party left me," Davis said, according to Bansley.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

"I've always been a Democrat, but the party left me," Davis said, according to Bansley.

I'm pretty sure the Democratic party was NEVER on her side to begin with...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join