It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Interview: Kim Davis Talks To Megyn Kelly About Gay Marriage Licenses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: deadeyedick

She shat on the Constitution and her oath of office disobeyed a lawful court order and cost the taxpayers large sums of money because she is too ignorant to understand separation of church and state.

She is an idiot and those who are keeping her in the spotlight aren't any better.

The idiots are the ones that ignored her pleas

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So asking that she perform her duties, her job, is now militancy?

This chick tried, and is still trying, to use her religious convictions as a weapon against people she has issues with.

No amount of sophistry is going to change that. She is flat out wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I see that details are not important to many of you

All this one way hate highlights the war you wage

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I DARE YOU ALL TO VIEW THE INTERVIEWS

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Maybe Kim should have stayed out of public service if the constitution and equal rights rubs her religion the wrong way.

I have been recently questioned of my view that these issues are decaying our morality and this is the decay i speak of. Going out of your way to force someone to do something just out of revenge for yrs of suffering is no way to proceed.

No one forced Kim to do anything. She could have resigned her office at any time. I submit that Kim's problem is that $80,000 a year she would lose by doing the right thing, and submitting her resignation. She wants her cake, and she wants to eat it too.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
That is the first response I can relate with

in the interview she says how her mom held the office for 40 odd yrs and kim has worked under her mom for 25 yrs

all of that time this was never an issue

it is not hard to see that when she got in office she did not believe this would be a problem

and when she seen she may have to deal with it she began to reach out to those above her for a solution

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

the whole event highlights the war on religion and proves it was not about them finding happiness at last but getting their jollies of by causing problems that could easily have been avoided

Utter rubbish.

Mrs. Davis is obviously calling herself a Christian. There a 41,000 versions of being a "Christian." At base value this means she follows the teachings of Christ, right? Okay, what did Jesus say about homosexuality? Not a lot, really.
He did make a LOT of noise about divorce, but that's too easy when it comes to Mrs. Davis, so we'll leave that aside.
Her version of Christianity obviously leaves out the bits about not judging, about 'render unto Caesar what is Caesars', about healing the centurion's male lover/slave, about doing unto others etc. Cherry picked, a la carte religion that always seems to mimic the deeply held prejudices of the believer.

She was sworn to uphold the constitution, and made a very clear statement that she was not prepared to do this BECAUSE Of her deeply held prejudices. Did she learn these prejudices? Probably. From where? Most likely from her religion.
There's nothing loving, or peaceful, or spiritual about her decision. It's her simply being a bigot.
Defending her actions because she shares SOME of your beliefs (again, 41,000 versions, so you can't all have it right) is justifying hatred towards other human beings. You see, this is religion waging war against everyone else.
There's no war on religion. There is, however, an age of enlightenment occurring where free thinking people are realizing - one by one - that religious privilege has been eroding society for a long time.
We need to stop allowing those who follow mythological deities having any influence on the public sphere.
Stop pretending that her rights are more important than the couples she refused to help just because she thinks she's doing her deity's bidding.
The couple that insisted on getting their license were right. She was dead wrong. She's a bigot, and - if we're honest about it - a bit of an idiot.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Grimpachi

She shat on the Constitution and her oath of office disobeyed a lawful court order and cost the taxpayers large sums of money because she is too ignorant to understand separation of church and state.

She is an idiot and those who are keeping her in the spotlight aren't any better.

The idiots are the ones that ignored her pleas

Time will tell just how stupid she and her supporters are.

If she runs for office again and wins then she will not have any grounds to deny processing the paperwork that her job requires.

Only her state legislature can change the regulations allowing her to skate by.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That is the first response I can relate with

in the interview she says how her mom held the office for 40 odd yrs and kim has worked under her mom for 25 yrs

all of that time this was never an issue

it is not hard to see that when she got in office she did not believe this would be a problem

and when she seen she may have to deal with it she began to reach out to those above her for a solution

Simple solution: Do what you are supposed to do, or stand aside.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That lady is demented.

Sarah Palin is Albert Einstein compared to here

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Understood. I've actually read quite a bit about her. I don't fault Kim for sticking to her convictions. I fault her for imposing her convictions on others. As a public servant, she is beholden to the law of the land, which is the constitution. When she realized she could not do the job, she had choices to make. Either allow her clerks to issue licenses, remove herself from the situation, or impose her beliefs on others. She chose the latter.

Those who sought out licenses locally, had every right to expect their public servant to obey the law, and grant them a license. Kim chose to break the law, and also allow religious hecklers in her office to denigrate those seeking a license. To me, Kim has shown us who she really is. She values money and her religious convictions over the constitution, and her fellow citizens equal rights.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I fault her for imposing her convictions on others.

Point taken but that would only be true if these militants had no other options to get a license.

If she had not sought accommodations before the law passed I would not be able to stand with her.

You and I could easily sit here and create a temporary fix for this that served all but the ky. delegates just sat on their thumbs and watched this become something bad by choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

So you are Ok with Going against the Constitution?

it is a sign that this is about more than compromise or equality

kim refused all marriages

Which she is not allowed to do. She can only determine if the people applying are legally able to get married that's it her belief in what a religion says is not relevant.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You and I could easily sit here and create a temporary fix for this that served all but the ky. delegates just sat on their thumbs and watched this become something bad by choice.

A permanent fix would be better namely impeaching her from office and replacing her with someone willing to do the job. Writing her reps was useless because there was nothing they could do.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So we can agree that She had way one hate?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Point taken but that would only be true if these militants had no other options to get a license.

Why should they have to go somewhere else, when they have a local government office more than capable of issuing licenses? The example has been used that if a Muslim man was the head of the local DMV, should the local women have to go to a different county to get their drivers license to keep from offending him?

There is a term for allowing public servants to pick and choose what parts of their job they will and won't do. It's called "Conscience creep".

“There are good reasons to try to allow people who have been in these jobs for a long time to be able to keep their jobs,” Wilson says. “That’s a really noble thing to do in our culture, especially at a time of deep division.”

But a group of Columbia University law professors argue in a recent memo that these kinds of exemptions create “conscience creep,” in which government employees can refuse to provide more and more services that violate their beliefs. And what happens when no one wants to provide the service? “The exemption proposals would make the efficacy of same-sex couples’ constitutional right to marry contingent upon their being able to find a public official who has no objection to their having such a right,” they write.

I do agree that the Kentucky delegates should also have done their job, and maybe this wouldn't have been such an issue to begin with.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Why should they have to go somewhere else,

they should not have to go anywhere else

however if they were logically thinking individuals and not militants they could just have documented their first attempt and rejection then documented themselves getting the doc. somewhere elsewhile understanding that this is a new law and a few in the crowd may need time to adjust

in other words exercise some problem solving skills and realize the right had been won and a single holdout was just par for the coarse

instead they have now obtained false documents and undermined the decision as a whole

this will result in supreme court decision overturning the original ruleing

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

So we can agree that She had way one hate?

not quite sure what you are saying here

I do not believe that she hates the militants

nor do I hate them or you it is the opposite and that is love

even though I love everyone I can also see that since this issue has been brought up as equality that now marriage should all together be done away with after everyone that has been waiting gets hitched we should switch to civil unions in order to deal with the tax breaks and so forth

a civil union will benefit any two that enter into it regardless of sex or love

thousands of people not in a relationship could then benefit and that should be our goal let the most get the benefits

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

the militants tried 5 times to force kim

Just to do her job! They should not have to force her to do her job.

If she did not want to do her job she could have just resigned.
edit on 24-9-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

the militants tried 5 times to force kim

Just to do her job! They should not have to force her to do heer job.

If she did not want to do her job she could have just resigned.

duh and she would have eventually figured something out

pressing the issue will back fire

all they did is prove that forcing kim meant more to them than getting married

they made that very clear

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join