It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 dead, 12 critically injured as bus, duck tour vehicle collide in Seattle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Tourists on board the “Ride the Ducks” vehicle could be seen crawling out of the wreckage and a triage center was set up near the crash, KCPQ reported.

KATU anchor Brian Wood tweeted that this was a “mass casualty accident” and later tweeted that the Seattle Fire Department is evaluating 50 people.

'Mass Casualty Event' Bus crash SEATTLE, WA At least 2 Dead, Up to 50 Injured

Never heard of 'Ride the Ducks' duck boat and it seems ambigous to me whether its 2 tour buses or what. Anyways, my first thoughts are poor tourists! What is there to see in Seattle, these days? Well China's presidential visit at least yesterday not sure if he's still in town today?

edit on 9/24/2015 by semperfortis because: Exact Headline

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah
en.wikipedia.org... describes the craft.

From Wikipedia "DUKWs are still in use as tourist transport in harbor and river cities across the globe. The first "duck tour" company was started in 1946[15] by Mel Flath in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. The company is still in operation under the name Original Wisconsin Ducks."

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Branson Missouri has the ducks there as well. It gives people a guided tour of the city as well as the lake (on land then on water for the lake portion). Its pretty cool if your bored or have kids.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The bus goes on water too? It's a BUS and a BOAT in one??

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Mass casualty event? Aren't we being a bit dramatic?
edit on 24-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ride The Duck type tours are present in multiple places around the country.

Yes the can drive on roads but also float on water.

We have them in Philadelphia, PA and had a fatal accident in one a few years ago.
edit on 24-9-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I remember the other summer there was this crazy huge bus crash in this remote town in British Columbia. There were a few odd things about it. One was that I was thinking of driving up a little past that town on the very same day. I actually had a precog dream about it and was helping some of the bus victims in my dream body. I noticed many others coming out to help them. Later it was said in the news that dozens of people came to their rescue on the freeway. Another odd thing is that they were almost 100% asian tourists - not only that, but that a very similar incident had occurred the same week, but somewhere in California or down in America. They were unable to determine what happened - if a mechanical issue with the bus occurred, a malfunction, or if it was just an odd coincidence and bus driver fatigue. That area of the freeway has probably experienced similar accidents. Sometimes, I have heard, that certain accident-prone areas create a type of spiritual or morphic field that can be like a vortex, thus perpetuating more and more accidents...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Fun tip of the day for mass casualty triage.

A - arrive on scene.
B - Engage voice volume to high.
C - say "I need everyone to stand up and move to this location".
D - Those left after everyone moves should be looked at first.

Second tip of the day.
While walking through the ER don't randomly walk up to a nurse who is talking to a patient and congratulate her on her acquittal and on getting her nurses license back.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Mass casualty event? Aren't we being a bit dramatic?

i know, right! maybe they were expecting more? RIP all FOUR at the moment

KATU anchor Brian Wood tweeted that this was a “mass casualty accident” and later tweeted that the Seattle Fire Department is evaluating 50 people.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I live right next to the event.... sounds like they're going to construct a new bridge or something after this.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nomdeterreur

in response to this disaster?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

By definition any incident than can overwhelm first responders can be considered a mass casualty event. If an EMS unit arrives on scene and it turns out there are more patients than what the ambulance can carry / care for can be considered a mass casualty event.

Because of 9/11 our idea of a mass casualty event would involve mass injuries. It has warped our view in this area.

Mass Casualty Incident - Wiki

A mass casualty incident (often shortened to MCI and sometimes called a multiple-casualty incident or multiple-casualty situation) is any incident in which emergency medical services resources, such as personnel and equipment, are overwhelmed by the number and severity of casualties.[1] For example, an incident where a two-person crew is responding to a motor vehicle collision with three severely injured people could be considered a mass casualty incident. The general public more commonly recognizes events such as building collapses, train and bus collisions, earthquakes and other large-scale emergencies as mass casualty incidents. Events such as the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 and the September 11 attacks in 2001 are well-publicized examples of mass casualty incidents.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Milah Bad news. But sometimes accident like this one may be unavoidable, therefore we have to be careful and watchful at all times....stephenca

top topics

join