It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Psychiatric Association was Bullied into Removing Gayness from the DSM

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't really care what two consenting adults do, but it's quite obvious homosexuality is not normal, goes against the purpose of life, and therefore obviously a mental disorder.

Purpose of life is to reproduce. What else could be human purpose? Genetics we pass down are the only true part of us that remain after we are dead.

Everything and every way our bodies are designed, is for reproduction. It's why sex feels good... So that we do it, and reproduce. Same reason food tastes good... So we eat, and don't die. Or why rotten food smells bad... So we don't eat it, and get sick. All of mother nature's programs, in case we can't figure it out.

Homosexuals cannot reproduce. They are abnormal.

Again, I don't really care, doesn't effect me. But I do think the records should be made straight.
edit on 25-9-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2015 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I know quite a few heterosexual couples that do not have children (by choice). I also know a few people that lack maternal/paternal skills and maternal/paternal empathy. How would these type of individuals fit into the biological argument?

Using the "biological" argument for self-preservation could also suggest that parents that have more than two children, in the current climate of overpopulation and reducing resources are also flawed in some way.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator
I know quite a few heterosexual couples that do not have children (by choice). I also know a few people that lack maternal/paternal skills and maternal/paternal empathy. How would these type of individuals fit into the biological argument?

They also do not fit the norm.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

What if they were all Sterile? your hypothetical only works in a Perfect situation as a justification to say we are a "Mental Disorder" or any other word you want to use.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Who cares if it is a mental disorder, as long as it is only effecting their life.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: deliberator

They also do not fit the norm.

But are they lesser individuals or have a mental disorder?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm not touching this thread with a ten foot poll.

I am going to deviate from the norm.

Ya people I just might be mental.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

How is it obviously a Mental Disorder?

Are Sterile People a Mental Disorder?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Because kids and animals can't consent and both of those hurt people, so therefore they need treatment. Homosexuality doesn't harm anybody and therefore doesn't need treating.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My gay friends never told me they turned gay. Some told me they were always gay. I'm not gay, but If I wanna take a guy home with me tonight...

edit on 25-9-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonymous007
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am saying that is was never properly - and scientifically - determined NOT to be a psychological disorder.

With twisted logic like this, the world would be a better place without humans, period.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Am I the only one laughing about the use of the term "gayness"?

I guess that would be the "sciencey" terminology.

This may be a well-planned, very elaborate attempt a trolling, and if it is, bravo!

If it's not, it's the work of a poorly educated, ignorant, and/or highly religious person.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior
a reply to: Jefferton

Because kids and animals can't consent and both of those hurt people, so therefore they need treatment. Homosexuality doesn't harm anybody and therefore doesn't need treating.

There is evidence to the contrary but the same people that once put homosexuality into the DSM as a disorder won't buck the social constructs TPTB have created for us. Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate here. But the idea of "consent" is a legal term that has been further scrubbed by psychologist and psychiatrists beyond repair.

I've heard some pretty crazy stories involving this notion of "consent" in my lifetime. And what I've found is that each person's experience is unique to them - some good, some bad. The one thing that I've tried my best never to do is to tell the person how he or she should feel, or worse how society wants them to feel. That's what real victimization is - telling or forcing people to conform to a predetermined societal mindset involving an event or events.

There is a truth out there and it's not pretty. We can continue to talk about our society in these rosy and flowery terms as if we have perfected this thing we call "civilization." As if our laws are just and right. As if we 100% know what is right and what is wrong and furthermore have the right to push our view onto other people. People that do that have a desire to judge and control other people, to ensure that people are living according to their own personal view point. And the cute thing is they call it "freedom."

As for gay people, they are merely more fodder for the same people that want to force their ideology onto them and society. Those same people like to use the word "freedom" A LOT. I find it rather ironic actually.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Anonymous007
I am saying that is was never properly - and scientifically - determined NOT to be a psychological disorder.

I was asking you directly, do you think being gay is a mental disorder?

He's not obligated to give you his own personal opinion, and he did in fact answer your question, regardless of how you chose to interpret it. Try setting people up for slander less, you're way too obvious.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss

He's not obligated to give you his own personal opinion...

This is a discussion forum, if people have no intention of having an intellectually honest discussion they should have over to stormfront or some other moronic site.

...and he did in fact answer your question, regardless of how you chose to interpret it.

He answered nothing, he chose to hide behind the article.

Try setting people up for slander less, you're way too obvious.

You do know that slander is spoken, right? Did you mean libel? If that was what you meant what libelous statements did I make? If you are going to use big-person words at least make an effort to understand what they mean first.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
this is not a hate thread, it is a thread of TRUTH for homosexuals as well as straight…

the fact is, not all homosexuals even want to be gay, they are gay because of child abuse or some other socio-environmental factor, and yet currently the gay movement is run by extremists who do not want anyone, not even gays who don't want to be gay, to know that there are therapies and spiritual cures proven to work…

I would say people are even being programed to be gay, rather than deal with certain uncomfortable aspects of being human… a girl who has a bad experience w a man because of an unsightly scar or breast size is being encouraged to seek a gay lifestyle rather than overcoming the obstacle and/or finding someone who is more mature about such things…

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
as someone who has known many homosexuals quite intimately (hiring them, working w them, living w them), I find it sad and upsetting that homosexuals are not being given the facts and are being used by tptb to spear-head an anti-Christian movement I doubt most of them want to be part of. MANY gays actually believe in God. They just don't know that there is help for their condition, if they want it:

yt: Are People Born Gay? Genetic and Epigenetic Determinism in Homosexuality
youtu.be...

Joseph Davis provides an overview of recent studies in genetics whose findings do not support the self-reporting deterministic claims in homosexuality. Rather, they provide evidence that there is no gene that exclusively determines homosexual sexual identity. This lecture is part of the 2014 Faith and Science Conference.

HOMOSEXUALITY_101
youtu.be...

yt: Former Homosexual Speaks Out Part 1
youtu.be...

yt: Ex Homosexual Testimony / Spiritual Warfare Freedom From Spirits Influencing Thoughts & Desires
youtu.be...

yt: Jesus Christ Saved Me from 27 Years of Homosexuality
youtu.be...

yt: Former Gay Man Explains Transition to Heterosexuality
Michael Glatze, pastor in Wyoming, co-founder of Young Gay America, and former gay rights advocate joins David to discuss no longer identifying as gay
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

yeah, if you believe the baloney that the earth is over-populated… heteros who are not having children (I was one), imo, are doing so because of the social programming more than any other reason… they are not being told what an incredible profound gift and privilege it is to bring a life into this world… if they only knew!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a must-see on this topic:

2011 NARTH Conference Dr. Nicholas Cummings
Dr. Nicholas A. Cummings past President of the American Psychological Association .

youtu.be...

he relates how the gay movement got started in San Fran and how out of control it got, causing many gays to seek psychological help…and how therapies and science of homosexuality are being suppressed… they had a 50% success rate years ago!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull
a reply to: Anonymous007

I fail to see why what two consenting adults do in the bedroom should be considered a mental illness, if you really think that homosexual acts can only be the result of mental disorder than you've spent some very sheltered or very short time on the internet. There are frightening things that straight couples do to each other for fun that most people would find utterly shocking and disturbing BUT to say that those people are mentally deranged or disturbed is a stretch.

Even if, and it's a big huge never-gonna-happen IF it was proven to be the result of a mental disorder said disorder would be declared benign and there'd be no need to treat it because there are plenty of well adjusted gay folks (and plenty of perfectly miserable straight ones).

if 2 children poop on their beds and start eating it together in the privacy of their own home and bedroom. and start doing it regularly like once a day.. sometimes twice.

would this be considered just a deviation from the normal use of poop?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join