It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of The World??!!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi, I have been hearing alot about this mayan calendar, and it ending in 2012..
COuld someone plz shed some light on this topic? (eg: How it was found, what it means, who found it..)

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Interesting that the calendar ends in 2012, the same year clairvoiant munks say "something" will come and prevent disaster @ earth. However, the Mayan calendar is not predicting the end of the world in 2012, but the start of a new era; the golden age.
Try google or some of these for more info:

www.2012.com.au...
www.levity.com...
www.experiencefestival.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
it means that according to the mayans, the world will end (or end of days whatever) will occur december 21 2012. though, end of days, could mean the world ends, first contact, peace in the mid east, world government, world disarmament, first affordable space travel. Though, i dont believe the mayan calander, i prefer Nostradomas, because he can see into the future to 3797.

BTW, this is in the wrong forum

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The worlds been ending almost every year since some guy thought it could sell books.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Mayans do not state anywhere that the world will end in 2012. Their calendar simply ends one cycle, and begins another on that date. Their calendar is cyclical, not linear as most european measure of time is.
What comes after 2012 is not really known, because the Spanish Church in their inspired wisdom killed the astronomers and burned their writings. I think it took 3 months to burn the millions of books the mayans had painstakingly written.
The world will not end, the earth will not split in half, The reptile people will not shed their skin and reveal themselves. There will not be a social revolution and all things evil made right.
It will simply be another day.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yeah I recall the end of the world predicted in the year 1999.

new topics

top topics

join