It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fatally shoot man in a wheel chair

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
a reply to: Stearman65

I was just watching the video again and I realized that in my haste the first time around, I skipped past the first shot @ ~8sec in. It looks like maybe the first cop shot him with some sort of less than lethal ammunition? That also seems to be what the witnesses are saying.

This is definitely tragic. I don't know anyone who would consider the cops showing up to the scene of a possible suicide attempt and shooting the suicidal person to death a good outcome.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I was just watching the video again and I realized that in my haste the first time around, I skipped past the first shot @ ~8sec in. It looks like maybe the first cop shot him with some sort of less than lethal ammunition? That also seems to be what the witnesses are saying.

This is definitely tragic. I don't know anyone who would consider the cops showing up to the scene of a possible suicide attempt and shooting the suicidal person to death a good outcome.

No not a good outcome in the least, hope the poor guy gets a bit of peace now. Suicide is never a good thing, long term solution to a short term problem...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

My thoughts exactly. Upon seeing the title of this thread, I thought "WTF!". Now, I understand that the wheelchair is irrelevant to what happened. Police simply helped the guy finish the job.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Logic isn't embraced in these here parts. I understand why, because then the debates are gone.

At least he didn't roll out in the street, and make some citizen deal with it for the rest of their lives. I don't pretend to know the depression and psychological effects of being immobile are. I can guess though.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Police officers should always position them selves in a spot where they can be easily shot so they can shoot and state they had no choice. Seems to me it has become a game.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Respect.

I rarely witness a person stepping back and taking an objective opinion on this subject. I respect that you did that!!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just saw this on CNN and it all doesn't add up. The gun was attatched to or holstered to his waist. When asked to put the gun down, he reached for his waist. He would need to do that to put the gun down.

He was killed by bullets from more than one law enforcement officer. This is all wrong.

edit on 25-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: I am better than that

edit on 25-9-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: No I am not better than that.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Odd, how the DANGEROUS suspect never ever seems to fire a shot. I mean, the police position is that the suspect was armed, dangerous, made a move for the gun, they feared for their lives....but their superhero training guarantees 99% of the time they defy the laws of physics and actually BEAT the suspect to the trigger!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
12 ga rubber slug, 1600 foot pounds of force at 125 yard, with a 4 inch drift at 125 yards on n a 10 mph cross wind. They are also NOT recommended for use at CLOSE range because they will be lethal. A 1600 foot pound projectile hitting someone in the chest will knock them on their backside and take the wind out of them. If these rounds didn't work why spend taxpayer my new on them?
a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This totally could have been handled in a different way..case in point,
Snipe
The Cops were better trained back then,compared to these guns a blazin low IQ PIGS we have now..

edit on 26-9-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join