It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Tech In Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So we have all seen the videos of supposed future tech in old video clips etc that should not be there i.e the mobile phone debate in the Charlie Chaplin DVD extra.

Well here is a bit of fun how about this one in a YouTube video called Lush Living - Lounge Edit (a musical track from the 1960's) where you can see the ladies Laptop at the 3 second mark.

Lush Living

Enjoy !
edit on 24-9-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: formatted youtube link

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: excelents
So we have all seen the videos of supposed future tech in old video clips etc that should not be there i.e the mobile phone debate in the Charlie Chaplin DVD extra.

Well here is a bit of fun how about this one in a YouTube video called Lush Living - Lounge Edit (a musical track from the 1960's) where you can see the ladies Laptop at the 3 second mark.

Lush Living

Enjoy !
probs a kids toy lol

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: excelents

Cool find, not sure it is a laptop per say. Does look like one though. S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Cool find, not sure it is a laptop per say. Does look like one though. S&F

I have to agree with you. It does look like a laptop, but they couldn't have even imagined a screen that thin back then. I rewatched that part of the video several times, and I would have to say that, even though it at first appears to be a laptop (because we're used to seeing them this day in time), it's hard to tell exactly with the low-quality video. It looks like it might be a large makeup case with a large mirror on the top, with different shades of makeup in little square compartments on the bottom, with a black-handled makeup brush laying across those squares in the middle.

EDIT: After rewatching again, that's not a mirror on top as it shows no reflection of her walking past or other objects in the room. But, one thing I failed to notice since I was concentrating on the "laptop" was that when she lays down, she's surrounded by some kind of drawings or sketches. That could likely be an art case with pencils/paintbrushes in the middle instead of a makeup brush, and the compartments could be different colors of paint.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Maybe a portable tv?
edit on 57930America/ChicagoThu, 24 Sep 2015 11:57:14 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I think it is a briefcase/art case with a selection of pencils & brushes & a clip-board easel in the lid.

Best viewed at the 4 second mark.

edit on 24/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It very probably is something along those lines but its great to speculate with it looking like a modern piece of equipment.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I definitely took a double take on that one thinking it was a laptop, but much more likely to be the "art case" conclusion.

Even if it were a model of some futuristic portable computer, I don't think that would be too far of a stretch for folks the 60's to envision. I mean, they had computers and keyboards.. not too far of a leap to imagine personal computers and flat screens.

top topics

join