It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Episode Shows Donald Trump Being Raped And Murdered

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh, there's plenty of substance there underneath the raunch.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

pre 9/11 Mohammed from Super Best Friends....

Fairly panicky.

I forgot about that early episode! Where was the worry back then?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't recall many complaints when Satan raped Huissen in the movie.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Baldryck because: Named wrong rapee

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

They were walking around with someone in a big teddy bear outfit if I remember right. Wasn't that not long after the school teacher who was threatened for letting her class name the classroom bear Mohammad?

Yeah, they had Mohammed in a mascot's uniform to hide him from Tom Cruise, but the character was supposed to be Mohammed. Mohammed himself, was blacked out, even in the unedited version (which was part of the storyline).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Heh! Here's the speech that was bleeped out (and still is in most places) from the episode with said Prophet (from 2 parter 200 & 201 i think, though he's also in censored form in 2 parter Cartoon Wars). From what I remember, he is also seen in opening titles for several early seasons.

But IMO opinion, even better than that is the 3 parter - Imaginationland...

I'm a big fan of SP, I love the satire. I only got on board from about season 7 onwards, before that, I wasn't interested. But it's great that SP view the world as a bit of a bizarre laughable mess as many of us do. There's no harm in laughing. It's good that they push the boundaries, and just general stuff like the development of the characters over time. Let's not forget their Al Q'eada solution to Jersey Shore and the takeover of SP by New Joysey

Personally, I find myself remembering and laughing about SP moments on a regular basis. Same as Family Guy. SP also knows when it's causing trouble and that makes it even funnier, take for example "Raising The Bar" where they question whether they are the cause for all the crap on TV, delivered subtly in a speech with Stan & Kyle as if talking about each other. It's probably not funny if you can't find the subtext behind the silliness.
edit on 24-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: infolurker

Have you watched South Park before?

It has always been brutal and shocking (and funny).

What bothers me is that they didn't air the Mohammed episode, was that more shocking than this?

I've seen the leaked versions of the unedited Mohammed episodes. There wasn't a whole lot missed in the censored versions.

It was a pretty panicky response from Comedy Central, IMO.

Hey, I was expecting you in this thread, good to see you sir!

I haven't watched it much in a while but, I have seen most of the referenced episodes here.

BTW, I think the anime one is among the best.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

im sorry...but that is hilarious.

The best part: if you get mad about it, it eschews the whole "Donald Trump speaks his mind. He's not 'politically correct', and that is refreshing"

These guys have been doing inappropriate, biting social commentary that is among the best social commentary to be produced over the last 20 years.

I mean...all the horrible things that they have done to people on their show....if you're horrified by this, you should check out the Britney Spears one. That once actually kinda made me feel guilty for laughing.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

im sorry...but that is hilarious.

The best part: if you get mad about it, it eschews the whole "Donald Trump speaks his mind. He's not 'politically correct', and that is refreshing"

These guys have been doing inappropriate, biting social commentary that is among the best social commentary to be produced over the last 20 years.

I mean...all the horrible things that they have done to people on their show....if you're horrified by this, you should check out the Britney Spears one. That once actually kinda made me feel guilty for laughing.

They definitely made a clear point with the Britney episode, and actually managed to cause me to have some pity for her situation, self-inflicted or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Have you watched South Park before?

It has always been brutal and shocking (and funny).

What bothers me is that they didn't air the Mohammed episode, was that more shocking than this?

I've seen the leaked versions of the unedited Mohammed episodes. There wasn't a whole lot missed in the censored versions.

It was a pretty panicky response from Comedy Central, IMO.

Hey, I was expecting you in this thread, good to see you sir!

I haven't watched it much in a while but, I have seen most of the referenced episodes here.

BTW, I think the anime one is among the best.

Epic episode, indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you really freaking serious?

So Foul!

That is the only word I can think of that fits... Foul

These references are outrageous even when they are viewed in context but, out of context, they really must seem repugnant.

If you can take in the whole story including the ever present moral it makes sense and isn't as horrifying as it may at first appear.

Though, it certainly is foul.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Thats their style: biting social commentary.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Oh that one was good, but I still think the best was The Lord of the Rings Episode.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They skewered Snookie from Jersey Shore, too. That was horrible, but so funny.

link   
To the OP,

You ought to watch the show with the assumption that they most likely will say something that will dig at you, but be determined not to block out the message.
If you disagree with the message, that's perfectly fine, but to discount the message because you didn't like the delivery method is ignorant; I'd love a check for a million dollars, whether it arrived wrapped in a dog turd sandwich, or in a basket of unicorn hair.
If you spend the entire show being offended, you're both missing, and making their point.

link   
a reply to: markymint

South park studios is the website you can go watch all, well 99%, of the episodes. Can't watch the mechanical Barbra striseand and a couple others.
In case you haven't seen the ones before season 7

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
And I know it's horrible of me to admit, but I also loved the one where Cartman does Christian rock and the one where the hippies invade.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They skewered Snookie from Jersey Shore, too. That was horrible, but so funny.

Yeah, that one still gets trotted out for the jokes around the house. she reminded me of that deformed guy on 300, the way they portrayed her.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And I know it's horrible of me to admit, but I also loved the one where Cartman does Christian rock and the one where the hippies invade.

Slayer was the cure.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

In the Christian Rock Hard Episode, You have to admit that Cartman's plan was a damned good one (I'm full of unintended puns today).

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So after I saw this thread, I went on Hulu and watched this episode (I hadn't seen it yet). It's hilarious! This season is off to a great start. I feel like I'm watching a cartoon version of ATS.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join