It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Accuracy in Genesis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I recently heard about a phenomenon called sonoluminescense, this phenomenon happens when light is produced through passing sound waves through water.

Scientists aren't really sure what the exact cause is yet but it got me thinking about Genesis and its creation account.

Genesis 1
2 Now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 

It states that God's Spirit was hovering over the waters and when God spoke, there was light. This mirrors the phenomenon of sonoluminescense in that God's words (sound waves) passed through water and created light.

I just thought this was interesting. I'm not saying Genesis is literal or that the bible is the infallible word of God, but it does seem to have gotten some things right and the people who wrote it knew what they were talking about.

Take this as you will, I just thought I'd throw it out there to get some people thinking.
edit on 9/24/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The only thing that really casts light about are suns. They are literally born, 'switching on' at some point in their development. I wonder what that looks like…

Puny human firecracker version…
God likes fireworks, too.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There are a lot of hints that sound played a very important part of our ancient past, wild speculations even assume that it was used for levitation.
But I see zero "accuracy", and if you read well it doesn't even match the effect: sonoluminescence is unexplained because science is unable to account for the enourmous amount of energy of bubble collapse IN a liquid, while your quote mentions light and water, but OUTSIDE of water itself ("hovering").

Also there were much more intresting myths about creation from water, and they are not from the Bible.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Well if God was hovering over the water and spoke into it that would be sound waves going through water and creating light.

I don't disagree with you though, I just thought it was a neat little coincidence. The ancients were a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Very out-of-the-box creative thinking.
In line with that...for sound waves to exist and resonate, there would first have to be an atmosphere and mass to restrain it:
" In the beginning God created the heaven (atmosphere) and the earth..."

...and prior to that:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Perhaps, 'WORD/GOD' is initial resonance wave...which creates mass...mass creates vibration...vibration creates sound...sound diversifies mass.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well if God was hovering over the water and spoke into it that would be sound waves going through water and creating light.

I don't disagree with you though, I just thought it was a neat little coincidence. The ancients were a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Absolutely, our current knowledge is based only on strictly interpreted evidence, which is ofc very limited by definition. Accurate anyway is the opposite of vague, which is what I would use to describe the quotes from the genesis. I think that Egyptian and Indian creation myths have more ties with this concept of sound and water than the bible has.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I agree, if anything the bible is a reworking of even more ancient knowledge repackaged for the society that was around when it was written. The bible isn't really unique in that sense. All myths have the same foundation.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Genesis 1 2 Now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

If you know theoretical physics and the "Big Bang" , does that sound familiar ?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Genesis 1
2 Now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

It states that God's Spirit was hovering over the waters and when God spoke, there was light. This mirrors the phenomenon of sonoluminescense in that God's words (sound waves) passed through water and created light.

I just thought this was interesting. I'm not saying Genesis is literal or that the bible is the infallible word of God, but it does seem to have gotten some things right and the people who wrote it knew what they were talking about.

Take this as you will, I just thought I'd throw it out there to get some people thinking.

Nice bit of interpretation, lateral thinking. Now, if only they knew exactly what causes the light, that would answer your idea, one way or the other. I guess I need to start some rummaging now!

edit on 24-9-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

edit on 24-9-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
To answer the OP - there is none.

Sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I recently heard about a phenomenon called sonoluminescense, this phenomenon happens when light is produced through passing sound waves through water.

Scientists aren't really sure what the exact cause is yet but it got me thinking about Genesis and its creation account.

Genesis 1

heh ive got a post laying around somewhere here where i decoded genesis using that same reference. it was a post about genesis and the big bang i made quite a few years ago. showing how sound preceded the creation of light.

i just finished a class on this thread that goes into detail about the scientific aspects of sound, frequency and empty space:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

now if i can only remember the title of that post i made.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: John333

Because you have a small numberof posts, I wasnt sure if you knew about this

www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=posts

Which contains all of your posts and can be accessed by clicking on someones username.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: John333

Because you have a small numberof posts, I wasnt sure if you knew about this

www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=posts

Which contains all of your posts and can be accessed by clicking on someones username.

oh no im talking about a post that was made on another account years ago. i once was the user 0mage on here. and another account 'filledcup'. both banned for violation of toc which has now changed lol

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Genesis 1

At the time the earth was forming, there were already trillions upon trillions of suns burning already.

If the bible is referring to any time that there was liquid water on the earth, then our sun was already burning.

There is not really any science in the bible.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I don't think the bible should be read literally. The majority of what's in the bible is metaphor and isn't part of actual history. It may be loosely based in history but for the most part the stories within it are metaphorical stories that teach an esoteric message. Even the creation account is metaphor, not literal. It is explaining a spiritual lesson not a literal one.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I don't think the bible should be read literally. The majority of what's in the bible is metaphor and isn't part of actual history. It may be loosely based in history but for the most part the stories within it are metaphorical stories that teach an esoteric message. Even the creation account is metaphor, not literal. It is explaining a spiritual lesson not a literal one.
your OP says scientific accuracy in genesis. And then you get all the science wrong and now it's metaphor? Ok. It's metaphor. So for the record, you do agree that genesis is not scientifically accurate?
edit on 25-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

im going out for a couple hrs. but id like to jus throw a spoke in the wheel of skeptics that may keep u buzzing while im gone.

the father of the big bang theory is a catholic priest.

most people do not know this. and regarding the metaphoric creation story. the part about the big bang isnt metaphoric. it's more than 50% plain english. with 40% or less metaphoric translation at least when referring to the events of the big bang.

if i cant find that post im just going to repost it with a full explanation later.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The metaphor lines up with a scientific phenomena. The metaphor in that regard is "scientifically accurate" because the event in Genesis can be reproduced through sonoluminescense. Water plus sound equals light. Both meet the requirements.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The metaphor lines up with a scientific phenomena. The metaphor in that regard is "scientifically accurate" because the event in Genesis can be reproduced through sonoluminescense. Water plus sound equals light. Both meet the requirements.

Except for the metaphor does not line up with anything scientific. Did you read my post? Our sun is older than our earth. Therefor it was already burning when there was liquid water here. How does sonoluminescence have anything to do with Genesis?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join