It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slide show from Iraq.(Not graphic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is a slide show put together by one of my sons seargents. Have a look, it certainly tugs at the heart strings.

The link only lasts for 7 days. It takes around 5 mins to download.
Worth the wait.

when you click the link, it will take you to the download site.When you get there, click download.

s21.yousendit.com...

Let me know what ya think.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
over 250 views and no replies?

seems strange to me.
I posted this with the intention of showing just what the lads out in Iraq have seen, and what they have to cope with.

Maybe some of you have down loaded the slide show? How about sharing your feelings on what you have seen?

dh

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yes a real tough but tender slideshow Eddie
Makes me think you ought to get your boy out of there as fast as possible
Ain't no good coming from there, just ever more death and destruction at the service of senior manipulators
Bring them home, get on your bikes and head for the hills
It's coming down fast

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just downloaded it , and watched it.

Thanks for sharing that.

No narration, or spin.
Just pictures, with music.
Which is good.

My interpretation of the slides, is of the day-to-day tasks, these soldiers have been asked to perform. Different every day.

Send my thanks to your son, and all his fellow soldiers.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
great slide show, almost unreal.

the human side of this war on terrorism, the families and innocent civilians displaced by it. thank you for sharing, the impact is very real.

the aftermath from this war is way out of control.

no sensible politician would allow this, the military needs to check its head.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The military has no choice.

The slide show was good. Many 56k'ers wouldn't have bothered to download the 16mb file. You probably didn't get many replies because without seeing the file people would have nothing to reply to.

Born in Australia but with a British citizenship through my father, I take comfort in glimpsing images of Aussie and Brit soldiers doing their thing in Iraq. Seeing US troops in the media all the time, so it's nice to see the desert version Auscam or caramel Brit cam every now an again.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just wonderin, umm does anyone want me to post some pictures of what else the lads in iraq are doing?
Nice Bikereddie, makes you think.
What is your son in?
Army? Marines? RAF?
I seen a few RAF people in those pics...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Just wonderin, umm does anyone want me to post some pictures of what else the lads in iraq are doing?
Nice Bikereddie, makes you think.
What is your son in?
Army? Marines? RAF?
I seen a few RAF people in those pics...

In response to your question Wasp. my son is in the Army Air Corps.
His main task is being a door gunner.
He is also seconded as the platoon sniper.

If you have any pics, i would appreciate it if you could share them with us all.

Thanks to all the replies from those that took the time to download the show.

I was also just wondering, if like me, it made you shed a tear or two?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Touching slide show, bikereddie. What really struck me was the age of some of those soldiers - so very young, such a situation they are in. The simple scenes struck me, like the lad digging the ditch, and the troops offloading the truck.

I wish them all a safe return.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
well its good to see there are at least a few US servicemen who are doing there job, not rapiing stealing and torturing...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
well its good to see there are at least a few US servicemen who are doing there job, not rapiing stealing and torturing...

Hmm

I think you will find that there are not any US forces shown there.

As the title shows "British Army"

I also think that you will find that at least 99.9% of the US army are not guilty of what you quote. That means that more than a few are doing their job!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just another point to mention P Amaru .

I have been on line for about an hour now and have noticed some derogatry remarks by yourself. I have answered those in the relevant threads.

What i cannot understand is why you continue to bring down the US?

As you can see from my avitar i am British. I have no problem with the US being in Iraq, nor anyone else for that matter. We are there regardless of the situation, or what people say about it.
Lets just get behind our troops and discuss it when its finally come to an end.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Just another point to mention P Amaru .

I have been on line for about an hour now and have noticed some derogatry remarks by yourself. I have answered those in the relevant threads.

What i cannot understand is why you continue to bring down the US?

As you can see from my avitar i am British. I have no problem with the US being in Iraq, nor anyone else for that matter. We are there regardless of the situation, or what people say about it.
Lets just get behind our troops and discuss it when its finally come to an end.

I bring down the USA (and there lapdog servant countries like the UK) because they have no right illegaly invading countries which cannot defend themselves to plunder there oil, spread western culture (whether good or bad) and force change onto people who do not want it.

As for "getting behind our troops" Why should i do this when "our" troops are simply commiting genocide for the sake of oil. Dont get me wrong, i feel so deeply sorry for innocent soldiers, the USA recruits most of its soldiers from poor backrounds, these soldiers are just trying to make a living.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I bring down the USA (and there lapdog servant countries like the UK) because they have no right illegaly invading countries which cannot defend themselves to plunder there oil, spread western culture (whether good or bad) and force change onto people who do not want it.

As for "getting behind our troops" Why should i do this when "our" troops are simply commiting genocide for the sake of oil. Dont get me wrong, i feel so deeply sorry for innocent soldiers, the USA recruits most of its soldiers from poor backrounds, these soldiers are just trying to make a living.

1st of all. where do you come from?

Some of the comments you have posted have no real link to the threads you are answering in.Therefore making me think that you not from the UK or the US.

You continue to slate the armed forces for being in Iraq, yet have no real credible argument to back up your sentiments.

This post was intended for people to view the slide show and post their comments about it. I doubt you even downloaded the show, but progressed to write derogatory remarks. Did you actually download it?

If you did, let me know what the second frame was about. Describe in as much detail as you can what you saw. Maybe then i will believe that you have see the show.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I currently live in the UK... and as for having no proof? its all around us, even the UN has called this an illegal war... there where WMD, only oil.... same with Afghanistan... altho this was oil lines and opium (which the tailiban stopped while running the country) its a known fact USA is running out of oil, it will do anything to get it, including genocide.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Still waiting for your answer to the question i put to you about what the 2nd clip was about in the slide show.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I guess P Amaru that you never downloaded the slide show eh?

At least the people who did gave valid responses, and appreciated what i posted without negative replies.

All the best mate

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
actually i did browse it quickly, but cannot download it again to answer your question...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
actually i did browse it quickly, but cannot download it again to answer your question...

browse it quickly???????

it's a 16 meg download and would take about 5 mins on broadband or at least 25 mins on a 56k dial up.

it runs for 3mins 59secs.. how do you browse that quickly?

never mind. it shows you havent seen it yet, other wise you would be able to answer my question.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
We went into iraq under wrong reasons BUT we stood by our ally , we may not like it or them but they are our allies.
We have the honour of the crown and country to uphold no matter how much we hate them!

Really air corp's cool, any specific aircraft?

^Because war doesnt just hurt people...

^Helping clean up the mess we and sadam made.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by devilwasp]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join