It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien: Isolation first impressions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This game runs quite well on my new PC, which is Acer Predator G3-605 with a 21.5" Acer monitor. Playing Novice mode.

Alarm klaxons flashing warning red through out the Communications deck mixed with the whirr and clunks of the ships mechanics fill screaming my vision. I run though a door into the next room and find my self in a short faintly lit corridor curving around into another open area of metal stairways. Moving forward slowly I enter forward only to realize that what I thought of dripping water was only to similar to the tell tale sign of alien goo. Obliviously I'm soon to be lethally maimed. Its times like this one really could use a flame thrower.

After the initial introductory play through the following missions are quite nerve wracking at all the crucial points. The Alien menace has been rendered very good with complementary A.I. The rest of the NPC are also a nice surprise.

At the moment I am playing through another crisis event where I'm looking for some guys I.D card in the medical bay sections while some doctor yells at me through the speakers that I'm going the wrong way. I spin around as I hear a loud crashing sound some where ahead of me. Then comes the sound of the Alien hissing. I can't see it yet as I crouch in the shadows but I hear it's steps softly at first but coming closer to my position. It walks right by me and then stops. Seconds pass and my heart rate is fast as I slowly try to move behind it and into a nearby vent. And I almost made it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

The game is something else. One of my sons gave it to me for Christmas last year and I made some Let's Play videos of it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some short funnies too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Absolutely great game. Beat it when it first came out. Got the DLC's...which were okay

The game is amazing the first time through, but once you get to the end and finish it, the terror pretty much wears off.
I played stealth the entire game with the exception of the last few missions, where I needed a flamethrower at all times.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've also played the Crew Expendable as Ripley. With flame thrower obtained I decided to look around the ship for Jones the cat. I found an Alien instead. Its times like this one really could use a M41A Pulse Rifle.

top topics

join