It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yachts and the end of civilisation on land - Bring your salt shakers people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What do you think Dubai is all about? It's a safe retreat for the world's wealthiest in case things get really, really bad.

The thing is , if it gets really bad your money is worth nothing and the peons will soon know this . Sure they may not be able to take over your place in any haven but the skilled and those protecting / transporting / feeding /etc will soon work out your wealth is meaningless as well . My guess is these havens would soon be these wealthy peoples final resting place .

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

LOL but I suspect its not water we have to worry about, except the drinking kind. Even if dripping with wealth I still wouldn't want to trust my life on a luxurious huge yacht because of freak waves, storms etc. I know you simply order a safe port but the sea has a will of its own as wrecks will confirm.

I also suspect were only the very wealthy left alive to live in some futuristic city, they would all turn on each other because of their lust for money and power. It could well become become on earth without the ordinary people for them to prey on thus diluting their predatory natures.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If they are building them for the end of the world, you can bet on one thing....money will mean nothing when they are floating around outnumbered by their crew....they would not last long all fat and happy and would not get far without being able to contain their crew.....most of them would have no clue how to captain their own boats and would perish quickly after anything happened.

On giant yachts like the ones you are talking about, crew almost always outnumbers guests and crew typically knows how to fish and survive as they actually live on the boats year round.
edit on 9/24/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They're all great till the next tsunami comes along. And you'd soon get fed up of eating just fish then they have to make landfall and buy food. No-one has mention the essential yet. What with these being very, very rich people what happens when their oh so nice soft toilet paper runs out?
There is an awful lot of logistics to running a stand alone existence and it aint on the high seas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join