It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers Founder Responds to Critics on Kim Davis, Gun Control & Protecting the Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Their group has been making headlines all across the nation. Well now it’s time to hear what they have to say, straight from the source! In this episode of Off The Grid I welcome Stewart Rhodes the founder and director of the Oath Keepers. Do you think the Oath Keepers are providing a necessary service?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Do you think the Oath Keepers are providing a necessary service?

No.

Oathkeepers at first might have seemed to be genuine.

But Rhodes, and others like Ritzheimer has since gone off the deep end making threats about 'arresting' congressman.

When the FBI is currently tracking them ?

It's over.

And he is giving the rest of us anti gun control advocates a bad name.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree with Neo....

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No.

But Rhodes, and others like Ritzheimer has since gone off the deep end making threats about 'arresting' congressman.

It's over.

It's over when the FBI is tracking someone?

I beg to differ, I'd say that it is just gettin' started.

Orders We Will Not Obey

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10. We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I myself am an oathkeeper. Show me any group that doesnt have a few crazies. Someone has to be there to defend the Constitution, we all know the Government sure as hell wont

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Great interview with Rhodes Jesse... Unfortunately there will be many who will not listen just because... Government can do no wrong... Sickening ain't it...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

You may have good intentions, your leadership has gone batsh**. The members need to get together and remove this guy, before he makes you all look like a bunch of gun totin' lunatics.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you too. Every word you said.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I understand their point of view, but a quick question. With 35,000 members, why don't they use ALL their members to teach people the constitution? With 35,000 + if they focused on education more than "standing guard" they would be far more effective. Education & knowledge is power. Not Guns, guns is a tool, a last remedy, for a last defense.

In fact, why don't everyone on ATS who is for the constitution, do their own projects if they are in the know?

All that manpower would reach millions in a very short time, if they had the correct focus.

Personally, I detest guns and weapons of mass killings. If i had it my way, I'd teleport all weapons across the world into the sun.

HOWEVER, i can understand, the need for self DEFENSE. Similar to a meteor, coming we would need something to fend against it. Or when a robber invades our own home, then we can defend ourselves against the robber invading our space.

The biggest problem this country has; Governor, is people trespassing on what should be considered as personal sacred space. If someone invades your space (Be it robbery, rape, murder, theft, violence, invasion of property), you have a right to defend yourself. (it's just common sense.)

The second biggest problem, is the use of symbolism, and subliminal messages inside the whole of mainstream media and mainstream entertainment which causes ignorance. It is programming people into having narcissistic, apathetic and violent personalities. They also, promote race wars through the mainstream media. This is also what is causing many people to be violent with guns. It is not the gun's that are the danger, it is the mainstream media. I hope you look into this, because people are being dumb ed down to follow urges and not think.

edit on th2015000000Thursdayth000000Thu, 24 Sep 2015 07:33:39 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Sep 2015 07:33:39 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The anti-gun control advocates give themselves a bad name, without the help from people like the Oathkeepers. I am very pro-2nd amendment and I distance myself from most anti-gun control/pro-2nd people because a good portion of them are nutters.

They cannot articulate why we have a second amendment, let alone effectively argue their case against those that want to take that right away.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I also agree with this as well. I'm pro-second as well. But many pro-second people spend more time over-exaggerating threats to their gun rights to absurdity.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It's over.

While I tend to agree with this assessment (I contemplated joining them a while back, but I'm glad I didn't), I still think that they provide a necessary service, but that they're going about it the wrong way--much like the guy who started charging $750 for the AIDS medication. The medication is needed, but it's how you supply it to the general public that needs to be done correctly and with integrity.

Oathkeepers, IMO, is providing the medication incorrectly and dishonestly right now.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Same pro-2nd, but a lot of the big pro-2nd groups have gone a little nuts. It gets really tiring being lumped in with them.

But ti comes to mind, if some of the Oath Keepers are police and other government agents as well, why are they not trying to clean up the department they work for? Seems like a good place to start and better then marching around with guns. If they are trying to clean up the departments from the inside, wouldn't you'd think there would be more reports of this?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

No.

It's over.

Again with Neo.
As soon as Kim Davis's name s EVER brought up... I stop and shut down. The topic is moot and she is a hypocritical bitch.
I'm not bothering watching a video.

Type in "facts about Kim Davis". You'll find that she is only a recent member of this current church. Prior to that, she cheated on husband one. Bore a child.. cheated on husband two, bore another child with husband one. Joined this church in the last couple of years.

Stop with the religious BS and don't worry.. no one is taking my guns.

Here's a start about Kim Davis.....

patch.com...

edit on 24-9-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Oathkeepers my arse. This guy went to Yale Law School, that's all I need to hear. Yale is the prime recruiting ground for the CIA. He's part of the psy-op.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

I myself am an oathkeeper. Show me any group that doesnt have a few crazies. Someone has to be there to defend the Constitution, we all know the Government sure as hell wont

Stop letting your "crazies" run the show.
And f*** Kim davis. Your organization lost my respect and support when you announced you were supporting her

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Is your leader self appointed? Or did you have a vote? I understand the oath keepers are fighting for the constitution, and publicity was to be had here. This just seems like a worthless cause.

The correct cause was the blm land grab. These are the reasons militias are needed. A direct threat from the government directed at citizens.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

The Constitution that Kim Davis is violating?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I don't necessarily think so. As Mr. Rhodes said, the majority of their members are veterans that have come home from the war and they're watching our Constitution and our Bill of Rights being violated continually by our own elected officials. After speaking with him, I developed a new attitude. I heard about these people years ago and thought it was a good idea that they would always protect the Bill of Rights and fabric of our country. I think more of us should be doing that and thinking about that also. You don't have to go to that extreme, but you should still be calling people on the carpet that violate the Bill of Rights.

No.

It's over.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Any group will have a few wingnuts in it. But for the most part, if someone joins a group to defend the Bill of Rights, I tip my hand to them. I wish the president and elected officials would take their oath as seriously as these people are.

originally posted by: odinsway

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join