It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Plane taken from the ISS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Looks like the jet might not have been the only unexpected object caught in the frame...

A nice neat square shape, much larger than a 'bad pixel'. What could be underneath it i wonder?

Position of the square marked on original image.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Don't take this the wrong way, I appreciate your knowledge more than you know. I was trying to convey (poorly) that man made objects are of less interest to me personally than that awesome image of that terrain from space. I looked at it for an hour, scanning and zooming that speck.

When I used to fly My head was glued to the windows the whole flight so I wouldn't miss anything. I am that absorbed by this precious jewel we call Earth. All the planes could stop flying tomorrow and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

I want au natural, not man made…

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Yeah, If you look back on the first page, I marked that along with a number of other circles in an image and put it up. The square is definitely odd.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I thought you were trying to imply ISS was a hoax and that there should be more planes in more pictures from ISS than we see.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Well, well, the airliners are even spreading toxic "chemtrails" in desolate areas. (hehe)
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Noticed that myself. They must be spraying fish to reduce the population just like US humans

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
That is cool, however I am very interested in what these random, very faint yet identical circles are in the pic. I highlighted them all in red squares. There is also a random square patch that I highlighted as well...again, they are very faint but they are there and seem identical. Anyone have any idea what they are?

The odd square is the one close to the center of the pic. The rest are identical circles.

Here is a link to the same high res pic with my markups on it.

Dropbox Link

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: wmd_2008

Looks like the jet might not have been the only unexpected object caught in the frame...

A nice neat square shape, much larger than a 'bad pixel'. What could be underneath it i wonder?

Why don't you go and find out?

The location is just off Great Exuma Cay in the Bahamas. It's only an hour's flight non-stop from Miami. Boating and diving are available. You'd better stay a few days to, you know, make sure you do thorough research.

Edited to add: Looking closer, I see that the square (which looks a lot like a jpeg compression artifact) is ~4,000 feet north-by-northwest of Tommy Young's Cay. If you want a longer-term study project, you may apply for a research grant and purchase this island for only $8,000,000.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Saint Exupery because: I added the purchase info

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

It's a jpeg compression artefact. No doubt it's exactly 8 x 8 pixels.

Edit to add... the round blobs are known as dust bunnies (dust on the actual sensor). It's a common problem with DSLRs when you change the lens. Sensor cleaning is a vital skill when owning a DSLR!

edit on 24-9-2015 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Saint Exupery

Wish I could!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
They just captured one?

How many planes fly each day in the world?

The report shows that there are 37.4 million flights scheduled in 2014! That is up 2.7% from 2013. And it means an average of 102,465 flights per day.

I am trying to understand: The OP posts one, so you ask if they only captured one?
I must be over-analyzing this, because I cannot begin to understand that thought process.

For what it's worth, I did a search of the word "airplane" in a NASA photo archive and came up with a list of images which - interestingly - does not include the OP's image.

Seeing how the contrails in the above list are pretty obvious, and the one in the OP image is pretty subtle, I'm inclined to think that airplanes in flight are probably captured regularly (but inadvertantly, like in the OP image), but aren't noticed unless there's a clear contrail and/or some sharp-eyed viewer gets lucky.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I thought you were trying to imply ISS was a hoax and that there should be more planes in more pictures from ISS than we see.

You're joking, right? No, I don't think the space program is a hoax, I enjoy aspects of it immensely. I have seen the ISS go by one Twilite's eve, it was an awesome sight.

Signs and wonders…

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In my other post I linked , a report stated there are a hundred thousand flights a day in the skies.

Considering a twenty four hour w i n d o w, thats hardly a fly speck on the wall.

Its amazing they caught any, and I was telling NGChunter that I was despaired that we as a species are more interested in the marks we leave than Nature itself… seemingly… anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You're joking, right? No, I don't think the space program is a hoax, I enjoy aspects of it immensely. I have seen the ISS go by one Twilite's eve, it was an awesome sight.

Signs and wonders…

No, I'm not joking, ISS denial is increasing dramatically online and now I can no longer tracking ISS and post photos/videos of it without at least one ISS denialist attacking it. I didn't know where you were coming from with that question.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

Signs and wonders…

No, I'm not joking, ISS denial is increasing dramatically online and now I can no longer tracking ISS and post photos/videos of it without at least one ISS denialist attacking it. I didn't know where you were coming from with that question.

Yah, well rest assured, I know the iSS is up there. I may think its an enormous waste of money to keep the worlds most expensive Hotel stocked and staffed…

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I am trying to understand: The OP posts one, so you ask if they only captured one?
I must be over-analyzing this, because I cannot begin to understand that thought process.

People want to have their beliefs validated. It's human nature.

edit on 26/9/15 by Astyanax because: beliefs are different.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Here's a very recent (Nov 15th) and very clear photo of a jet and its contrail from the ISS: eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Full-scale crop:

In fact, you can search the ISS image archive for the keyword "airplane" and get some other images.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join