It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Newsflash my friend.

Sexuality defines our attraction, that's all.

There are many kinds of attraction between people. I see that person over there playing the piano with great skill. It attracts me. I'm fascinated. I look, I listen. I want to hear more. But, it's not sexuality.

Sexuality includes the word sex for a reason, it's about sex.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: AMPTAH

First no one should be ashamed or hide who they are or how they want to express themselves

People are only ashamed when the society has defined things they do to be wrong. When we all celebrate sin as a righteous expression of our god given nature, there is no shame. When last was anybody ashamed of anything? Shame has been abolished.

Whenever the society condemns someone today, that individual stands up proudly, in righteous indignation, and just declares all the condemners bigots.

Today, everyone is right. It's just that some have more power to make their right win over other rights.

Of course, the bigots always win. When they lose, we no longer refer to them as bigots, just poor misguided folks.

Shame? What's that?

All is power. That's why there's war.

When the minority takes away the rights of the majority, and forces them to follow the minority rights, the majority eventually rises up and pulls out the sword. This has always happened in history. Look at Syria. One tiny family controlling the majority of people, so war.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You'll have to prove there's a victim and harm

I don't have to prove what's already been established. A pedophile engaging in sexual acts with a prepubescent child entails a victim and harm. The same can't be said about two consenting adults.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

We have posted the definition ad nauseum. You're clearly wrong. Clearly very stubborn. Are you trolling? Willful ignorance? Deliberately obtuse? What's the deal here?

I suppose since you allegedly have no sexual orientation yourself it makes some sense the idea of underlying attraction would be alien to you. Then again, I don't believe you are void of sexual orientation.

When last was anybody ashamed of anything? Shame has been abolished.

Good grief...
edit on 13-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

AMPTAH would be Asexual then?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

You'll have to prove there's a victim and harm

I don't have to prove what's already been established. A pedophile engaging in sexual acts with a prepubescent child entails a victim and harm. The same can't be said about two consenting adults.

I don't see any victim there. People teach young children all sorts of things on the way to adulthood. They have to learn about the birds and the bees sometime. It is only our attitude towards these teaching methods that's the problem right now. But we held the exact attitude before on homosexuality, which we have overcome now, and have come to realize that we were all wrong before, so we're wrong again. All we need now, is for the AMA to come out with a report saying this experience is actually beneficial to the youth. We're constantly overturning previous beliefs with new evidence.

edit on 13-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Sure asexuality exists. I certainly acknowledge that. I just don't personally believe that's the case with him.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I don't see any victim there.

Well then that reflects poorly on your morality.

constantly overturning previous beliefs with new evidence.

These hypotheticals mean nothing. The evidence right now is what it is. The evidence supports what I said.

Know your fallacy.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Well then that reflects poorly on your morality.

Morality is delusion.

We all have different delusions. When our delusions align, there is harmony. When our delusions conflict, there is disharmony.

These hypotheticals mean nothing. The evidence right now is what it is. The evidence supports what I said.

Like I said, evidence of today, is overturned by new evidence of tomorrow.

Pedophilia has been going on in India for centuries, and the child brides grew up to be healthy happy mothers of the next generation. Children get married at 4 years old, move in during their teen years, and live happily ever after.

Have you never seen the movie "Bride and Prejudice" where the father and mother explained, they didn't marry for love. Theirs was an arranged marriage. They learned to love each other over time, living together. All the young couples of today who marry for love, divorce when the love fades. When you marry for other reasons, the marriage lasts. All different attitudes, and different culture.

Pedophilia is nothing but a culture war.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Newsflash my friend.

Sexuality defines our attraction, that's all.

There are many kinds of attraction between people. I see that person over there playing the piano with great skill. It attracts me. I'm fascinated. I look, I listen. I want to hear more. But, it's not sexuality.

So.... You'd ban sex altogether if you were boss of the world then?

Otherwise your point is biased and worthless

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Morality is delusion.

Then I'm delusional, because I believe in morality.

We all have different delusions.

It appears that way.

Like I said, evidence of today, is overturned by new evidence of tomorrow.

...and like I said that's a meaningless hypothetical. We will address said evidence if it ever surfaces.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I Agree, that would be the only thing that would make sense based on his "I don't have a Sexuality" remark
edit on 13-10-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Where on earth do you see me saying banning sex altogether?

How do you turn a statement like "sexuality is about sex" into a sex ban?

Inability to form coherent thought and recognize meaning in words is a sign. I don't even have to spell it out.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Then I'm delusional, because I believe in morality.

Yes, you believe in your own morality.

Nothing wrong with that.

You're also entitled to label other people's morality as wrong, and call them immoral.

Promote your own morality.

But, just recognize other people have a different morality, because they don't share the same delusions, they have their own.

When we all get rid of all of our delusions, we'll join the Buddha in his world. Free from all suffering.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

We are in agreement there mostly.

I don't however agree with what you're ultimately getting at. Which is to say religious doctrine holds some universal value that is better than our collective morality.

Additionally, I endorse the rigorous work scientific/medical professions bring to our society. It seems you do not at all. So we are obviously coming from two opposing directions when we look for substance to support our arguments. For instance, I would never weigh a religious verse as more valuable than scientific evidence to the contrary.

Old wisdom says certain things are wrong. New wisdom says otherwise. That's because knowledge back then isn't what it is now. We gain more knowledge and we grow as a society as a result.

You see me say that and your brain automatically wants to slide down a slippery slope and imagine all these terrible things that will result from new knowledge and societal growth. You're welcome to do that. I can't help you there.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I don't however agree with what you're ultimately getting at. Which is to say religious doctrine holds some universal value that is better than our collective morality.

Well, the idea behind religion, is that someone smarter than us, who knew a lot more than us, gave us these laws to follow.

Of course, if you believe that man is at the top of the food chain, and that people of the past were more primitive and knew less than modern folks, then you'll value modern ideas more highly. That would make most sense.

So, if you're an evolutionist, then toss out the old books, and focus on the new books that have been written more recently.

If you believe in creation, then whoever created us had to be a lot smarter than we are currently, because we can't create living things as complex as man and woman today.

So, that's the first issue. Evolution or Creation. Depending on which way you see it, you'll naturally pick the old or the new.

Additionally, I endorse the rigorous work scientific/medical professions bring to our society. It seems you do not at all.

Science is a funny word. Everybody wants to use it. To apply it to their thing. Like "Scientology", and "Christian Science", and "Yoga Science", etc..

Basically, there are hard sciences, like Physics and Chemistry, that deal with precise concepts and easily measured quantities, that provide certain knowledge that is difficult to question. Then, there are soft sciences, like Psychology and Sociology, that deal with more vague concepts, and use statistics to argue about imprecise things. Often the soft sciences consist of nothing but modern mysticism, with biased statistical research used to back it up. But, all use the same value word "Science" to elevate the data, and get people to accept the claimed results.

So we are obviously coming from two opposing directions when we look for substance to support our arguments. For instance, I would never weigh a religious verse as more valuable than scientific evidence to the contrary.

It really depends on whether you understand what the religious verse is saying, and how much you trust the scientific evidence. Science is not an exact science, when it comes to the soft sciences. There is a lot of interpretation that goes on, and personal and professional biases exist.

Old wisdom says certain things are wrong. New wisdom says otherwise. That's because knowledge back then isn't what it is now. We gain more knowledge and we grow as a society as a result.

Some old wisdom is overridden by new wisdom, but other old wisdom remains intact. Not everything old is tossed out.

You see me say that and your brain automatically wants to slide down a slippery slope and imagine all these terrible things that will result from new knowledge and societal growth. You're welcome to do that. I can't help you there.

I don't need help. We're destined to slide down the slippery slope.

Basically, the world drama goes like this:

1. In the beginning God creates man and woman. They are happy. No worries. But, they are not too smart.

2. God says have faith in me, eat from all the trees in the garden, but of the tree of knowledge do not eat.

3. Well, whaddu know, they eat from the very tree God said not to, and their eyes are opened and they begin to "learn"

4. Then mankind spends eons learning and learning, gaining more and more knowledge all the time, getting smarter.

5. All the knowledge man collects can't fit in the human brain, but he invents computers, and that helps store data

6. Man continues to collect even more knowledge, thinking he's getting more and more advanced

7. By now, man has tossed out all faith in God, because his knowledge is the thing he worships

8. One day man suddenly realizes, there is no end to this knowledge, there's always more to learn, new things to discover

9. Someone finds an old copy of the holy scriptures and dusts it off and looks to see if we missed anything

10. Sure enough they are shocked what they find in the scripture;

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. KJV, Ecclesiastes 12:12

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. KJV, Ecclesiastes 12:13

and all give up the silly quest for more knowledge, and return one by one to the faith.

The thing is, either you have FAITH.

Or, you have to get SMART enough, to know why all you need is FAITH.

Hence, all the learning. Mankind is eating from the tree of knowledge. When he chokes on it, he'll vomit, and return to faith.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

the idea behind religion, is that someone smarter than us, who knew a lot more than us, gave us these laws to follow.

I’m fully aware that’s the idea. That’s all it is however. An idea. An unsubstantiated one. No strong evidence for any particular religious god, or even the general metaphysical concept of one.

people of the past were more primitive and knew less than modern folks, then you'll value modern ideas more highly.

Our entire civilization is built upon technology. Technology is the result of scientific achievement. Science is built upon a growing foundation of knowledge. So yes, that’s what I think about primitive man in regards to modern man.

all use the same value word “Science”

They employ the scientific methodology. That's why they are scientific fields.

depends on whether you understand what the religious verse is saying

Which is just as much an issue for the religious!! There are some 30,000+ Christian denominations, man. What does that imply? That there is a schism in thought. A lack of agreement in interpretation. Why is that the case? Because it’s largely cryptic and ambiguous.

We're destined to slide down the slippery slope.

Which says nothing more than your willingness to embrace logical fallacy. Our destinty isn’t pre-determined. We make our path. We continually shape it.

Sure enough they are shocked what they find in the scripture

I am constantly shocked by what I find in scripture.

give up the silly quest for more knowledge, and return one by one to the faith.

And that is where we fundamentally depart.

The notion knowledge is silly, and blind faith is preferable, is precisely why religion is poisonous.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Where on earth do you see me saying banning sex altogether?

How do you turn a statement like "sexuality is about sex" into a sex ban?

Inability to form coherent thought and recognize meaning in words is a sign. I don't even have to spell it out.

All you are doing is clouding the truth to suit you own agenda.

Sexuality defines the gender we are sexually attracted to.

Is that specific enough for you?

We do not get to choose our sexuality, but we do get to choose how we enact it.

Understand yet?

Moral conservatism can be found within the gay community as it can within the heteroseuxals.

Am I making sense yet?

You keep insisting people are choosing their sexuality and they can change but every single example you provide is flawed because the person is either bisexual or is a fraud.

Why is it so hard for you to believe those of us speaking the truth from our own hearts when we say we did not choose to be like this, that we cannot change, and to be completely honest, why on earth should we be expected to? Just to make YOU happy?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Our entire civilization is built upon technology. Technology is the result of scientific achievement. Science is built upon a growing foundation of knowledge. So yes, that’s what I think about primitive man in regards to modern man.

all use the same value word “Science”

They employ the scientific methodology. That's why they are scientific fields.

Don't confuse the science that built the motor car and the computer, with the science that tells you that there's an undetectable thing called "sexual orientation" that is "harmful" to tamper with. Real science only deals with the observable, measurable, verifiable things. But, science is also used politically to persuade and shape policy, hence everybody uses the word for their agenda.

Which says nothing more than your willingness to embrace logical fallacy. Our destinty isn’t pre-determined. We make our path. We continually shape it.

Nice of you to say this, but many here will disagree with you. See, there's this thing called "sexual orientation" that you can't shape, you can't change, you can't make your own path, you have to follow those inner urges that drive your actions. So, you don't make your destiny, you're born with it.

The notion knowledge is silly, and blind faith is preferable, is precisely why religion is poisonous.

There are two basic types of religion. The first is the religion given to us by people who were actually smarter. The second is the religion we create ourselves when we think we're smarter. The new gay religion is of the latter, and indeed that religion is poison.

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join