It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

Seems you do not understand that sex act is a real part of sexual orientation. If you can have sex with both genders, then you are bisexual.

And I have also stated that is my opinion. You have the right to have your opinion, but please do no speak like it's a fact (unless you have facts to back it up with).

It's a fact your opinion is wrong.

I brought up the point that this line of thinking implies virgins are without sexual orientation. Obviously that's not the case. Sex is a natural expression of having sexual attraction, yes. It's not however required. Sexual orientation is about attraction. The thing that precedes the action.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Exactly, thank you!

Sexual-Orientation is something you are born with, the rest comes from that, not the reverse. you don't have sex and than choose your Orientation, your Orientation dictates Attraction, Sex Etc

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Exactly, thank you!

Sexual-Orientation is something you are born with, the rest comes from that, not the reverse. you don't have sex and than choose your Orientation, your Orientation dictates Attraction, Sex Etc

Woohoo Darth

After 87 pages I think you summed it about as succinctly as one possible can

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
I'm taking my third college course in anatomy & physiology this semester. Have yet to hear mention of this "heterosexual body".

That's all right, just look in the mirror. You have one of the two "hetero" types. If you look carefully,
you'll notice there's another type that is different from yours. That's the opposite "hetero" type.

homo = means the same
hetero = means different

Good that you're studying anatomy and physiology. You'll learn what all the physical parts are for.

Unfortunately, the architecture of the mind isn't included in that course.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm not just Looks

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

But, as we have seen, people change their sexual orientation, so it's not just what you're born with, it's also what you choose.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Sexual orientation is about attraction. The thing that precedes the action.

Sexual attraction is just "anticipation" of the sex act itself. Without sex, there's no sexual orientation.

People can be attracted to other people for other reasons than sex, like when we find someone interesting because they share the same views on philosophy or religion or politics etc..so we seek them out for a good conversation or to exchange views. But, we wouldn't label two men homosexuals because they find each other attractive, and seek each others company, because of this. There must be "sex" involved, before it becomes a sexual orientation.

Hence, there's no such thing as sexual orientation without sex.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

That's all right, just look in the mirror. You have one of the two "hetero" types. If you look carefully,
you'll notice there's another type that is different from yours. That's the opposite "hetero" type.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but I get the strong feeling you won't be able to relate it to bisexuality. Which happens to be the orientation of the person I see in mirrors.

Unfortunately, the architecture of the mind isn't included in that course.

You mentioned the body, not the mind. Hence my comment. I have however already taken multiple psychology courses in college. I am currently taking Biological Psychology. I haven't been instructed with knowledge that supports your beliefs.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Who? who has changed their Sexual-Orientation.. are you talking about Conversion Therapy, because i think that has been proven false

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Without sex, there's no sexual orientation.

According to you. I understand that. However, that's obviously not true. You have to invent new meanings for these words in order to support your position.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

are you talking about Conversion Therapy, because i think that has been proven false

It has been. He posted a survey in support of conversion therapy. Which he definitely believes to be effective. I then posted a video from the person that conducted that survey stating how it was poorly done, and that he doesn't believe homosexuality can be converted, and that these kinds of therapies are psychological damaging. That wasn't sufficient for AMPTAH. Absolutely nothing is.
edit on 11-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Who? who has changed their Sexual-Orientation.. are you talking about Conversion Therapy, because i think that has been proven false

It was not proven false. No one proved the test subjects lied.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Posting this a second time.

A 2009 APA task force found that conversion therapies, despite being touted by religious organizations, have little evidence to back them up. A review of studies from 1960 to 2007 found only 83 on the topic, the vast majority of which did not have the experimental muscle to show whether the therapies achieved their stated goals. (Many of the people studied in the early years were court-mandated to take the therapies, adding a coercive element to those outcomes.)

The best-quality studies were more recent and qualitative, the APA task force found, meaning they focused not on the statistical effectiveness of treatment, but of the subjective experience.

"These studies show that enduring change to an individual's sexual orientation is uncommon," the task force wrote in their 2009 report. The participants continued to report same-sex attractions after the conversion therapy, and were not significantly more attracted to the opposite gender.

These studies did find that conversion therapy could be harmful, however. Negative effects included "loss of sexual feeling, depression, suicidality and anxiety."

That's from the American Psychological Association.

Why should I believe you over them?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

That wasn't sufficient for AMPTAH. Absolutely nothing is.

You see, I'm not a known public figure. I have no career that is at risk. No one can threaten me.

I can speak the truth without worry of consequences.

When a scientist does a study, and takes 3 years to publish it, you can be sure that he thought his study valid at the time of publication. He certainly had enough time, to reflect on his work, before making it known to the world. This was not a hurried report.

He retracted it, but he did not provide any good reason for doing so. Instead, he simply repeated all the standard phrases the gay community uses in their public political fight. There were no original ideas coming from the professor himself, in the retraction explanation. It was as if he was "coached".

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That's from the American Psychological Association.

Why should I believe you over them?

Because we have a detailed 2001 study, that says otherwise.

And nobody has been able to show that the test subjects in that study lied.

And if they didn't lie, then they were converted successfully.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It was as if he was "coached".

That's not a very compelling argument.

Whatever. If you want to believe he was manipulated by the sinister 'gay agenda' then so be it.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

And no one proved the didn't lie when they said it worked?

Lunacy has provided sources, and there are many more, if you don't want to believe it that is on you. but don't claim ignorance or bias as fact

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

They evaluated 84 studies, and then conducted their own. Their position is that conversion therapy has no merit, and is harmful.

On your side you have 1 survey. One which the person that spearheaded it says was poorly done. He also doesn't believe these therapies work.

Your belief clearly cannot be swayed no matter what is presented.

You're just preaching here.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

But, as we have seen, people change their sexual orientation, so it's not just what you're born with, it's also what you choose.

Go and re-read this thread from page one all over again. You will find that the answer to every single question you have has been answered, probably at least twice.

No, people don't choose to change their sexuality. We've debunked that. You forget that bisexual is the third state of sexuality, this does not get chosen either.

You are confusing a bisexual person who may have a male - male relationship then years later have a male - female relationship as choosing sexuality.

I went out with a bi guy once. He explained his sexuality to me like this - he falls in love with personalities not genitalia.
edit on 11-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Whatever. If you want to believe he was manipulated by the sinister 'gay agenda' then so be it.

Yes.

People can Change.

You see what you want to see, and ignore all who have changed.

Sen. Tom Cotton Defends Gay Conversion Therapy: “Worked For Me”

Gay conversion therapy is treatment that aims to change a person’s sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. Many doctors, scientists, and medical groups; including the American Medical Association, have condemned such practices, claiming they don’t work and can actually cause more harm than good.

However, there are many ministers, churches, and organizations that continue to offer those conflicted with their sexual orientation therapy in hopes to “turn them straight.”

Senator Cotton claims the organization People Can Change, (PCC), was successful in treating him and he no longer suffers from having strong, uncontrollable homosexual desires. Cotton participated in PCC’s ‘Journey into Manhood‘, described as a “48-hour immersion in intensive emotional-healing work, designed specifically for men who are self-motivated and serious about resolving unwanted sexual attractions.”

“I gave it shot, and boy am I glad I did,”

Where there is a will, there is a way.

If you want to change, there are paths and methods that work.

If you do not want to change, there is nothing to do.

edit on 11-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join