It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Come on, you can do better than that.

What do you think happens to you when you die?

Do you believe the lights just go out, and there's no more you?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Weird. Who is starring AMPTAH's posts? I feel like I am in a twilight zone. LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

What would Buddha say?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I have stated that I see where you are coming from.

Spirits make the choice.

They get stuck once they get born.

edit on 10/10/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
But then again why would they want to do that seeing as that the spirits have already decided before they were born?

The incarnate soul, is constantly being influenced by other spirits who have not taken a body. So, maybe you picked a "boy" to enter the world, but after you entered another spirit came and attached itself to you, motivating you to become "a gay boy" instead of a "straight boy". Remove the possessing spirit, and suddenly, the straight boy returns.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Weird. Who is starring AMPTAH's posts? I feel like I am in a twilight zone. LOL

I guess, some smart person out there realizes that a dialog only continues so long as there are differences of opinion. As soon as we all agree on the points, this thread comes to an end. There is nothing to say, when we all have agreed. Since almost all here posting are already in agreement, the few stragglers like me with opposing views, are what keeps the thread hopping.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

The incarnate soul, is constantly being influenced by other spirits who have not taken a body. So, maybe you picked a "boy" to enter the world, but after you entered another spirit came and attached itself to you, motivating you to become "a gay boy" instead of a "straight boy". Remove the possessing spirit, and suddenly, the straight boy returns.

Ok.

What would the point of that be? Let's say that some untoward spirits "motivated" some guy to become gay. To what end would that accomplish?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What would Buddha say?

The Buddha is trying to take people into a different world altogether. I'm pretty sure none here wants to go where the Buddha is.

Here is how the Buddha describes his world,

THE IMMUTABLE

There is a realm, where there is neither the solid, nor the fluid, neither heat, nor motion, neither this world, nor any other world, neither sun, nor moon. This I call neither arising, nor passing away, neither standing still nor being born, nor dying.

There is neither foothold, nor development, nor any basis. This is the end of suffering.

There is an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed. If there were not this Unborn, this Unoriginated, this Uncreated, this Unformed, escape from the world of the born, the originated, the created, the
formed, would not be possible.

But since there is an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, therefore is escape possible from the world of the born, the originated, the created, the formed.
Buddha, The Word (Holy Scripture)

Now, this place with "no foothold, nor any basis" is also described in the Judeo-Christian Bible,

And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. KJV, Revelation 9:1

And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. KJV, Revelation 9:2

That "bottomless pit" is the same as the realm with " no foothold, nor any basis.

At the end of the time-cycle, each King come to earth to claim his own sheep.

Jesus comes to take Christians to his domain called "Heaven".

Buddha comes to take his Buddhists to his realm "With no foothold".

Satan comes to take his followers to that nice hot place called "Hell".

etc..

all the players come to collect their bounty, at harvest time.

But, when each King comes, he "tests" the people of the earth, to determine who his true followers are.

So, when the King of the bottomless pit comes up, this is how he decides,

And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. KJV, Revelation 9:5

In otherwords, the King of the bottomless pit comes and checks who has given up all attachments, who has been cured of all delusion, and this test is seen by those who still have attachments and delusions as mental torture or "persecutions", they
are not killed, just tortured by having their delusions torn apart right in front their eyes. Those that pass the test, get to go with the King to his realm, where there is no suffering, no foothold, nor any basis. Because, they believe in "nothing."

So, I don't think any homosexual will pass that test.

Next up is Jesus. But, I don't see any homosexual here praising the works of Jesus.

That leaves the other King. You know. The one who likes to disobey all God's laws and rules, twist them, and cause mischief on earth.

So, take your pick. Because one of these Kings will claim you for their own.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Nice. Completely not an answer to my question, but nice.

Be specific: What does Buddha say about the afterlife and the "I" that you claim survives death?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Second question: Why do you think gay people don't honor Jesus?

Just because I don't? LOL

There are thousands of Gay Christians.

I guess you're ... just mistaken.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You are a Buddhist not a Christian.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

But then again why would they want to do that seeing as that the spirits have already decided before they were born?

Its 2015. How can anyone in this day and age believe this #e.
Your posts are the exact oppposite of 'deny ignorance'.

Gay people are not possessed.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You are a Buddhist not a Christian.

I'm not sure a certain solar boat has all the oars in the waters of the Duat, if you take my meaning.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
AMPTAH are you a scientologist by any chance? They have put in bad implants in spirits (thetas) way way back then.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
What is the difference between a gay man's urges and a pedophile's urges...other than law?

A homosexual's urges involve 2 consenting adults and have no negative consequences if acted upon.

A pedophile's urges can physically harm children and psychologically damage them for life if acted upon.

The issues are night and day. Pedophiles can be hetero or homosexual. It's a completely separate thing and it's really sad how everyone is so quick to equate homosexuality with pedophilia or beastiality. The apples to orange comparisons are getting old.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes I get it. He is way beyond that. I even asked him if he was on drugs.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yes I get it. He is way beyond that. I even asked him if he was on drugs.

Actually, I'm not sure.

I think we've seen the posts of someone who is trying to reconcile irreconcilable matters in their own mind.

Too much religion can do that to a mind. I know; I've been there.

All of the hocus-pocus, pseudo-science, and hackneyed logic aside though, our answer here is really simple: we do not choose our sexual orientation.
edit on 20Sat, 10 Oct 2015 20:18:20 -050015p0820151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

our answer here is really simple: we do not choose our sexual orientation.

Too simple for their own liking.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

AMPTAH's human ego, which almost every spiritual path acknowledges is transitory, is apparently immortal!

Hah! Touché.

Maybe he should follow his own advice and meditate more hehehe
edit on 10-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Nice. Completely not an answer to my question, but nice.

Be specific: What does Buddha say about the afterlife and the "I" that you claim survives death?

Thers is no "i" when the buddha takes you, there is just the buddha.

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join