It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Another thing…

A lot of men are afraid even to talk about this, probably they are latent gay and afraid or ashamed of it or afraid to find out they might be gay.

I’ve had guys literally say they don’t want to discuss it as if talking about it will rub off on them.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Where is the Proof that we are only alive for Procreation? a life is meaningless if they can't procreate? so Woman and Men born Sterile have no meaning? and to go further.. just because you are Gay doesn't mean you cant procreate

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I think homosexuality is over saturated by media attention. However, that might be because I really don't care about anyone’s sexual preference as long as its among consenting adults.

Having said that in no way do I think you can make a straight guy like another guy. That is just lunacy imo.

I'm not saying that in any negative manner , I'm saying that because I'm attracted to women and certain parts of the women ;-) and I can assure you that their is no way that you could talk me out of it. You are wired to be attracted to certain things.

With your logic of it being a choice than you could as easily say that you could be talked into homosexual activity.

That is why child molesters need to be executed. No one wakes up one morning and says you know what I want to be a child molester. They are wired that way and they will even tell you that they cant control it.

However, the bigger issue, is Who cares what anyone is attracted to as long as it doesn't hurt others.

My suggestion is to not waste time on figuring out why people are homosexuals and whether its a choice or not and go full force against child molesters , rapist, and violoent criminals that impact others lives.

edit on 59930America/ChicagoWed, 23 Sep 2015 22:59:09 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Yo that is the point of two sexes. To pass on genetic information into a future generation. Then rinse, and repeat.

We don't have one sex. We have TWO.

That is the entire rason d'etre for sex.

Typically speaking until surrogates came along gay men didn't have the option to pass that genetic material on in to a future generation. Odds are their offspring would be straight.

Hello? men can't have kids. Two women can't either. It takes 1 of each.

True some people can't have kids. One could chalk that up to 'mother nature' too.

Doesn't mean they have any less worth.

I love how that was spun.

Moving on to something more worthwhile.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes Gay men did, and Lesbians did too. and they still do... think about it, how about the Gay Men who have been through "Treatment" and Prayer helped them be Straight, got Married and Had Kids

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Gay Agenda..

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

It seems to me that you are basing your claims on anecdotal evidence:

While you may see gay people this way, and had personal experiences that contradict the claims of others -- your opinions do not make facts. There are always exceptions and anomalies in any population or group of people, this is why stereotypes are often not representative of an entire populous.

Did you watch "Chasing Amy" a few to many times recently perhaps? Do you feel like you identify with Ben Affleck's character Holden?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Another thing…

A lot of men are afraid even to talk about this, probably they are latent gay and afraid or ashamed of it or afraid to find out they might be gay.

I’ve had guys literally say they don’t want to discuss it as if talking about it will rub off on them.

What makes you think they are afraid? Do they run from the room screaming?
Maybe they are just grossed out by the thought of having sex with another guy.
Probably they are latent gay? By that reasoning, if I don't want to talk about Hillary Clinton it means I want to vote for her. Doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have known 4 female friends who after terrible relationships with men, are now "lesbians". It seems for women there can be a choice but I've never ever known a straight man suddenly decide to be gay!! I think the women I knew chose to be with other women because of the psychological damage they had suffered at the hands of their ex male partners, but I don't believe they are lesbians in the true sense of the word.

Every human being on the planet has the capability to be bi or gay out of choice or out of necessity but that doesn't make them really homosexuals as it is not their preference in such situations

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Every human being on the planet has the capability to be bi or gay out of choice or out of necessity but that doesn't make them really homosexuals as it is not their preference in such situations

I love the newish term: Sexually Fluid.

It just kinda covers it and says: It's none of your business.

Oh, and I support the sliding scale. Sexual orientation is inherent. It is who you are. Some are on the far ends making them heterosexual or homosexual. But, I think a lot of people fall in the middle.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Being a member of the LGBT community myself, I went through every day of middle school trying to choose to be straight. Just because you have had 2 encounters with people who were unsure of their sexuality, doesn't even give you enough evidence to form an opinion.
You're forgetting that a relationship is made of more than sex. It has to do with emotional attraction and not just sexual attraction. Plenty of girls in specific go through a stage where they think they are in to other girls.. and if you haven't noticed some stay swinging that way while claiming to be "straight", because they are not emotionally attracted to females as well, just physically. I'm not offended, but you can't wonder why someone would be. This is a very important aspect of some people's lives.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm desiring money, and can't shake off those feelings. I'm emotionally attracted to money also, so I was born to be a bank robber, I just can't help that. I was born that way. I am a bank robber. (Not actually)

The real words would be: I am choosing to be a bank robber because of the above.

Everything is a choice. Even eating is a choice. You choose to eat because you are hungry, and if you choose not to, you will starve and die. Choosing to breathe is also a choice even though it is automatic. You can force yourself not to breathe, but to live, it is better to choose to allow the breathing to continue.
I choose to let my body breathe without interference because that brings longer living. It is a choice.

Saying that some things are not a choice is a convenient way to try and stop the worry and the accountability factor.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'm desiring money, and can't shake off those feelings. I'm emotionally attracted to money also, so I was born to be a bank robber, I just can't help that. I was born that way.

Oh now you compare homosexuality to criminality?

There is such thing as being criminally insane or criminals growing up like that. But that's completely different.

You choose to eat because you are hungry, and if you choose not to, you will starve and die.

Try it for a few weeks and see what happens.

Saying that some things are not a choice is a convenient way to try and stop the worry and the accountability factor.

Accountable for what?

What damages have homosexuals done?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I regret to inform the "public" here,
that as straight but open-minded male, I have had to cut ties with many gay male friends - even band members.
See, it's NOT a choice until about 6-7 drinks in, then, I just don't know what I'm missing.
I was born THIS way, straight.
Somehow that just looses all weight after 2a.m.and the gay male double-standard kicks in.
Not ALL gay men do this of course, I'm just sharing a personal experience that has repeated itself to a level that saddens me, because I really liked the company of those friends.
I guess this is how 99.9% of women feel 99.9% of the time.
I guess I'm fortunate that this only applies to about 1% of my friends (and the entire population of Earth) in my 40+ years of life, and barely deserves the minutes it took to type this.
edit on 23-9-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Maybe don't use the phrase "rub off on them" lol

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So is my firm heterosexuality a choice then? I am a female who couldn't be sexually attracted to another woman if I tried. Despite the fact that I have a pair, I find breasts to be disgusting blobs of flesh, and the male interest in them befuddles me.

I guess that this is a choice however?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Being gay is the cool thing these days, but I am sure some really are born that way.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

You do know that more lesbians buy battery-powered plastic penises and strap-ons than straight women?
They hate men, not penises. They want penises, and are proud that men made plastic ones for them to buy.
Yes, some dude molded that. Now you use it. But you don't like men. Ok.
Figure that one out lol.
BTW, they WILL deny that stat, but it's true.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
People have actually studied why women seem to be able to be heterosexual, and then turn homosexual and back again:

Women may be more "hetero-flexible," or be primarily attracted to men with some same sex attraction, because same-sex behavior allowed women to raise their children with other women, a new study has proposed.

The hypothesis, published this April in the journal Evolutionary Psychology, suggests that more fluid female sexuality may have evolved because it benefited women's offspring. Some women who were raped or fathered children with absentee or deceased dads formed sexual relationships with other women, which may have made it easier to raise children together, according to the theory.

"Being born with the ability to [be attracted to men and women] may have been beneficial to ancestral women," said study co-author Barry X. Kuhle, a psychologist at the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania.

Livescience

And regardless of the above information, You can't base the argument that being gay is a choice on a few women turning to lesbian lifestyles after being straight the majority of their lives, it isn't a representative sample nor is it in any way scientific.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

You do realize that there are females born with penises too, right?

Penis does NOT = man.

People are more than their sex organs. That's what gender identity is about, although someone has a penis that doesn't mean they identify as a man. Their sex (organ) may be male but not their gender (identity).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join