It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: AMPTAH

But, there's a big difference.

Heterosexual lust produces children.

Gay people produce children as well. Obviously they have to use alternative means, but they still use their genetics and produce babies.

Why do they want to have kids?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Gay people produce children as well. Obviously they have to use alternative means, but they still use their genetics and produce babies.

Why do they want to have kids?

Because they're human beings......

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

For the same reason anyone would.

Wow.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

There is no such thing as GLBTQ+ etc..each individual is promoting his own philosophy which is different from other individuals that are supposed to be in the same group.

You are mistaken. Or perhaps, rather, your own conclusion is not supported by the readily-available facts.

Many identify as "LGBT+" or in other ways. They are the ones who decide what group they're in.

Such things don't have to make sense to you nor fit into your paradigm to be actual.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
what age were you when you made your choice to be straight? how many homosexual experiences did it take for you to make your choice?
a reply to: Skyfloating

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

There's a subtle difference there, when God gives you a kid, verses when you decide to make your own.

God usually sends you things when you least expect it, are generally unprepared, and when it has the most effective impact on your life. When you make your own kid, you do it when it's most convenient for you, so the impact of the medicine is reduced.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It seems that we've gone far afield.

Based on the OP, the only question that needs to be answered is ... if you are heterosexual, can you choose to be homosexual?

That's the only answer that matters. I want testimonies from straight people who chose to be gay for a day or whatever period.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Many identify as "LGBT+" or in other ways. They are the ones who decide what group they're in.
Such things don't have to make sense to you nor fit into your paradigm to be actual.

Well, until these secrets of identity mapping are revealed to me, I remain in the dark. And since I'm learning right here on ATS about these things, and have seen no evidence to support any view contrary to my own current opinion, I remain convinced that only "behavior" unites those in that group, whose common cause is to get and maintain the right to continue the behavior, and have the rest of society accept it as normal.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Based on the OP, the only question that needs to be answered is ... if you are heterosexual, can you choose to be homosexual?

That's the only answer that matters. I want testimonies from straight people who chose to be gay for a day or whatever period.

And the answer is very simple. Yes, you can choose, because homosexuality is a behavior, and people can control their own behavior.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

And the answer is very simple. Yes, you can choose, because homosexuality is a behavior, and people can control their own behavior.

So you personally could choose to engage in a homosexual relationship?
edit on 7-10-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

There's a subtle difference there, when God gives you a kid, verses when you decide to make your own.

God usually sends you things when you least expect it, are generally unprepared, and when it has the most effective impact on your life. When you make your own kid, you do it when it's most convenient for you, so the impact of the medicine is reduced.

No there is not. You are guessing about god. None of that is verified. The bible is outdated and cannot be proven. God doesn't give you a kid, the sperm fertilizes the egg. Basic human biology 101. Using an argument like that only shows you are desperate to paint homosexuality in a negative light. You have no real basis for any of that and invoking fairy tales does not help your argument.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Homosexual activity is a behavior.

Homosexual is an adjective. It describes nouns, usually actions, people, orientations, groups, etc.

A homosexual orientation is not merely behavior but is rather a constellation of factors that are physiological, psychological and sociological in nature.

Those are standard descriptions; anything else is merely your own opinion. You seem to be routinely confused on the terminology associated with these issues.
edit on 10Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:49:16 -050015p1020151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Well, until these secrets of identity mapping are revealed to me, I remain in the dark. And since I'm learning right here on ATS about these things, and have seen no evidence to support any view contrary to my own current opinion, I remain convinced that only "behavior" unites those in that group, whose common cause is to get and maintain the right to continue the behavior, and have the rest of society accept it as normal.

I don't think anyone is trying to change your opinion; and all the evidence you need to understand this issue is here.

I have my doubts about your sincerity in this matter. That is also an opinion and mostly irrelevant to our topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I want testimonies from straight people who chose to be gay for a day or whatever period.

I can't even be BI, and I've tried.

Sure, I can perform the act --- but, there's that "ick" factor. It's just wrong for me.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I want testimonies from straight people who chose to be gay for a day or whatever period.

I can't even be BI, and I've tried.

Sure, I can perform the act --- but, there's that "ick" factor. It's just wrong for me.

Like many gay guys of my generation (I'll be 50 next year) I spent a lot of time NOT wanting to be gay ... didn't have a problem with Bisexuality, but being gay was ... in the early 1980s ... still generally stigmatized unless you lived in an urban center.

It didn't take. We are what we are. It is a matter of BEING not even identity and certainly not "just behavior."

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why don't' we take into account all the GLBTQ+ Individuals who say they did NOT choose it.

once again you are only focusing on 'Sex' when it come sto GLBTQ+ people, that if we didn't engage in any Sexual activity than we are not GLBTQ+ anymore. but the act of "Sex" doesn't make us any Orientation

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Well, it takes two, agreed? A person cannot be a homosexual by himself. He needs a willing partner. So, by myself alone, no, I cannot independently on my own, but with another person, sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

once again you are only focusing on 'Sex' when it come sto GLBTQ+ people, that if we didn't engage in any Sexual activity than we are not GLBTQ+ anymore. but the act of "Sex" doesn't make us any Orientation

Because there is nothing wrong with two people loving each other of any gender. It's only the sex act that is wrong. Without sex, there's no problems at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Well, it takes two, agreed? A person cannot be a homosexual by himself. He needs a willing partner. So, by myself alone, no, I cannot independently on my own, but with another person, sure.

Why are you avoiding the question?

I'm asking you would you be able to engage in a homosexual relationship with a homosexual?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

There is also nothing wrong with Same-Sex couples having sex. i'm sorry if you don't allow yourself to understand that

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join