It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Who defines us by that?

you know so much about the Gays, where did you study?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Who defines us by that?

you know so much about the Gays, where did you study?

I study right here, in ATS forum. I take the terms you give me, and the definitions you provide, and I use them in my responses.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

That underlying attraction is motivated by a spirit. It's not a physical, anatomical, genetic, or biological thing.

According to religious beliefs grounded in faith and not in evidence. Again, not all of us share your faith in these things.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I have met a few lesbians over the years, and I have found in more than once incidence of their sexual development, they had been molested - in one example, by her own brother. I discovered that in a drunkened conversation with her. She cried about it. But it made sense to me why she would have become gay as a result of that. A lot of lesbians almost HATE men. But a lot of lesbians actually LOOK like men - so in those cases, it does seem that there could be some sort of genetic trait, or at the very least a character trait that they could have been born with. Like artistic people seem to just be born with an inherent character trait - one of sensitivity etc.

I have never associated with the gay community, even though I more or less identify myself as a homosexual. I have never once been to a gay pride parade, even though Vancouver is quite world-renowned for gay... events. I am sort of more "in between". And every now and then, I see a really beautiful young woman, with a type of mystical appeal and so maternal or comforting, I often find myself questioning - or at the very least, deeply wondering what it would be like not to have this pervasive gay inclination.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ok, but you make a lot of False assumptions about the GLBTQP people and claim it as Fact, you also seem to know how we think and why we think.. you also get caught up in grouping the entire GLBTQ+ community as a "Group Think" Mentality

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Ok, but you make a lot of False assumptions about the GLBTQP people and claim it as Fact, you also seem to know how we think and why we think.. you also get caught up in grouping the entire GLBTQ+ community as a "Group Think" Mentality

I don't even know that all the letters in GLBTQP mean.

I didn't create these categories.

edit on 6-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don't even know that all the letters in GLBTQ mean.

It's only a google search away.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

GayLesbianBisexualTranssexual/TransgenderQueer and the plus sign to include other Gender-Identities and orientations
edit on 6-10-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

For whatever reason I thought Q stood for 'questioning'. I'm admittedly unsure on the distinction between queer and gay/lesbian. Can you explain that one for me?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I've heard Q stand for Questioning and Queer,

Queer is a Slur in England, Queer has also been used as an Umbrella Term for GLBT people. but to be honest people have different interpretations of the actual meaning of "Queer". mostly the Younger Generation uses it.

some people use Queer as a way of not being cast as a Defining Label of "Gay" "Bisexual" "Lesbian". as a way of not being "Boxed Into" a word, some say it's a more Politicized thing

Gender-Queer and "Queer" have different meanings though

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

That underlying attraction is motivated by a spirit. It's not a physical, anatomical, genetic, or biological thing.

According to religious beliefs grounded in faith and not in evidence. Again, not all of us share your faith in these things.

I understand that. That's why I'm having a difficult time communicating. There is no such thing as GLBTQ+ etc..each individual is promoting his own philosophy which is different from other individuals that are supposed to be in the same group. Hence, there isn't a group, at least there isn't a common set of beliefs in the group, only a common "behavior".

Hence I say, the behavior is the group.

It's the only common denominator that can be used to define the group.

Everyone in this GLBTQ+ group deviates from the Biblical doctrine that commands the sexual action be restricted to man + woman.

Apart from that common element, they all disagree on why they deviate from God's plan. Some say, its a choice, other say its not a choice, some claim it's normal, since animals do it, others say don't compare us to the animals, etc..all different views, but the same behavior.

Seems to me, the individuals in GLBTQ+ don't really know why they do what they do at all. They are just making up explanations to justify their particular lust for the flesh.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

GLBTQ+ is an acronym used to include everyone, it is not a "Group Think" or a single "Group" but as i stated above the letter represent Gay,Lesbian,Bisexual,Transsexual/Transgender,Queer and the + Sign for other Orientation and Identities

I don't understand why you only say we GLBTQ+ people have "Lust for the flesh" like Heterosexual don't... a

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It seems like your spiritual vendetta is against sexual expression itself. You're advocating suppressing that as if being sexually liberated was a thing to avoid at all costs. We are diametrically opposed on that. Your reasoning for it is religious. I don't believe scripture is divinely inspired, and I think what you're suggesting is psychologically damaging.

@Darth_Prime Thanks for the feedback. That clarified things for me

edit on 6-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I don't understand why you only say we GLBTQ+ people have "Lust for the flesh" like Heterosexual don't... a

No, you're right heterosexuals have a lust for the flesh too.

But, there's a big difference.

Heterosexual lust produces children.

Children are the "cure" for the lust.

Having kids, is God's medicine, that helps cure the malady of the lust.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

It seems like your spiritual vendetta is against sexual expression itself.

Yes. This is the doctrine of all religion. Here is the pecking order.

1) best to be celibate...that means no sex, not even thinking about sex [2 Timothy 2:22, Matthew 5:28, etc..]
2) next best is man marry woman and have kids. Not as good a celibacy, but better than everything else.
3) in no particular order, all the rest of the deviations you can think about.

That is the order of things specified in all religions from the dawn of time.

When a person can't practice "celibacy" he or she is referred to as a "lay person". The celibacy is reserved for the Priests and the totally committed to the faith. Everyone else is working to get there.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

While that certainly resonates with Paul's sentiments I hardly think that's representative of all religions from the dawn of time...
edit on 6-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Except people who don't want children, people who use protection, people who are Sterile...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

But, there's a big difference.

Heterosexual lust produces children.

Gay people produce children as well. Obviously they have to use alternative means, but they still use their genetics and produce babies.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Anytime

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
never mind.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join