It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
That's right - a person isn't homosexual until he clicks his high heels together three times and says 'there's no gender like my gender.'

Or until the exact moment they claim to be. No sooner though...unless they say they were born that way.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating
Interesting perspective Sky. I'm curious though. Why would one need to make a choice, unless they found themselves dealing with an attraction to their own gender? If they had never experienced said attraction, choosing would never enter their mind. To me, that sounds like someone who has a predisposition. Whether it comes from "childhood", hormone imbalance, or genetics, it still doesn't seem like a choice they make. Except maybe whether or not to act on it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It would be nice if science could prove that homosexuality is either a choice or genetic. The way things are right now is that we only have empirical evidence available. If it is a choice then people should be free to make that choice if that is what they want. If it is genetic then science should be able to find a cure that could help people that chose to change their sexual preference.

As a biologist I believe homosexual orientation (or at least sexual fluidity) is an outcome of some combination of abnormal hormone exposure in utero mixed with emotional and/or mental trauma during childhood, pre-puberty.

The act of homosexuality is entirely a choice.

I believe there eventually could be a hormonal therapy cure, but since the condition is non-pathological it should only be something the person voluntarily chooses to undergo.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

That is not going gay. That is sex based upon lack of opportunity with the opposite gender.

Big difference.

There is no love in these situations, just situational, often predatory and animalistic sex.
edit on 23-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Homosexual LOVE is probably NOT a choice. You generally can't choose who you're attracted to.

Homosexual SEX is most definitely a choice, determined by opportunity and environment.

Most folks on both sides of the political aisle don't really see the difference though.

The biggest hypocricy I see in the Gay world is that those who are gay tend to have pride parades etc to show how proud they are to be gay, then claim that being gay was never their choice.

How can you be proud of something you are, then deny that you had anything to do with it?

Massive hypocrites, the lot of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Metallicus

Could you cure a "Heterosexual" person?

Propaganda's been doing that for decades now...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: Annee
That's right - a person isn't homosexual until he clicks his high heels together three times and says 'there's no gender like my gender.'

Or until the exact moment they claim to be. No sooner though...unless they say they were born that way.

Sexual orientation is inherent. It's who you are.

A sex act because of a forced situation is just a sex act.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think the answer here is fairly obvious. It will never be crystal clear. Ever. Some people are probably born gay and some probably choose to be. It would be impossible to prove and quite daring to suggest that this was not the case. It is also clear that, if one has made the choice, being under the umbrella of 'born that way' is probably attractive since the people who are born that way are increasingly a protected class whereas those who make a choice on a whim are not. Or at least, not to the same degree.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Skyfloating
I believe that most homosexuality is a choice

You would have to 'believe' it, because all the evidence, all the intelligent people, all the science, all the philosophy amounts to a huge pile of evidence that highlights your 'belief' as ignorance and hateful phobia!
Bye the bye, science has found that homophobia, like yours, is a mental illness!
But 'beliefs' (obviously) are not rational or chosen, you are infected with them!
Sans your irrational, emotional, ignorant 'belief infection, you have no argument at all!

How is a belief hateful? I could understand if you said you felt the belief was incorrect ...but hateful?
I don't follow you.
I think your post is way closer to hateful. You're describing Skyfloating with words like irrational, ignorant, homophobic, mentally ill... all because they expressed thoughts you do not agree with. Wow.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I Believe Homosexuality is a Mental Illness , Who's Right ?

edit on 23-9-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

When you say "Homo' do you mean homo sapiens?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Wait.. what? Propaganda is curing the Straight person?

so you are all turning Gay?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Not to be picky... buuuut Sexuality and Gender are separate

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Wait.. what? Propaganda is curing the Straight person?

so you are all turning Gay?

Uh oh, we're gonna need bigger night clubs and more drag personailities for the midnight show then. Gurll this is gonna get busy!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Homosexuality is an attraction to the same gender.

Attraction is not a choice.
Either you find a man attractive or not,
But sex is a choice.

Same thread as many others same arguments, same responses, etc...

a reply to: KiwiNite

Or how about curing everyone with all but brown eyes? It is known that humans used to have brown eyes only and genetic mutation developed other colors.

Good point. I understand the irony.

Should we "cure" blonde hair people too, so they can have black hair like the majority?

Welcome to The New World Order, all genetic uniqueness gone, same body type and appearances for all.

Nature loves diversity. Even the Sun Flowers have genetic difference although they make look the same to the human eye.

Being anti-nature and anti-freedom is trying to force everyone to be the same.
edit on 23-9-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yaas Gawd!

Guurrr it's about to get Turnt, this Gay-Volution is not just televised

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
The myth of our times is that homosexuality is not a choice and I`d much prefer that this dogma be examined in more detail and that it be acknowledged that much or at least some of it actually is a choice as well as a consequence of childhood experiences.

Why? Why do you care? Who are you to tell others how their sexual preferences developed. IMO being so obsessively interested in the origins others sexuality is a sign of a megalomaniac.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well I guess I am gonna jump in to the breech.

As everyone knows we have two sexes. The only reason being is for PROCREATION.

Some people think we have two sexes for recreation. That is what sex has come down to in the '21st' century.

I sure as crap can't say with all certainty it's a choice. I kinda think homosexuality(Gasp) was designed by mother nature as population control.

Same with disease,war,famine etc.

LGBT is way too much politicized.

Anyhow my 2 cents now I am going back to bash the Pope.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

LGBT is way too much politicized.

Anyhow my 2 cents now I am going back to bash the Pope.

Bahaha, poor popey. As a gay catholic, I like this latest one.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Look by natural science one usually doesn’t even have much sexual desire until puberty just learned and indoctrination that one should, for a boy, be a stud, or a nerd or for a girl to be very feminine but of course there is exceptions of children being sexual before puberty and even masturbating.

I mean when we were 8, 9 and 10, as Eddie Murphy would say in one of his funny but realistic comedy routines: that in the hood we use to lie about Pu__y and claim at such an age, 8, 9, or 10 we were getting all this sex and it was a bald face lie but our macho culture told us to pretend to be studs at 10 years old!

But rest assured whatever turned you on then is likely to be what you’ll become hetro or gay.

One can of course be a latent gay or hetro or bi-sexual

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join