It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Could you cure a "Heterosexual" person?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
i just think that saying "I prefer the same sex" is a more honest statement than "I was born this way".

I followed much of your rambling but then it dwindled down, especially at the end--what's the difference in you last sentence and why is it a problem? Because people lie or because people do not phrase their thoughts precisely as you would like?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You have right to "believe" but just two lesbians dont make whole population thus saying most is incorrect. Also females seem to be more sexually fluid then males.
I was gay since I was born. Still remember how handsome Ken was and Barbie just neutral lol.
There are opinions that everyone is born as bisexual and latter orientation is skewed by culture but everyone is unique and I doubt that we could just close the topic with one universal truth.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Could you cure a "Heterosexual" person?

Why not give gay people a choice if it is found to be genetic? Are you against people making their own choices?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Skyfloating

Congratulations you have just came out as Bisexual..still not a choice though

I spit out my wine when I read that...thanks for the laugh

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I guess that would make hetrosexualism a choice too then

:-)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
another thing i did not miss, all the wasted energy on whether if gay is gay and if its right or wrong and if its a choice or in genetic code. Fact is gayness is everywhere and has been forever, just as hetro's and there life style have always been around and will be forever. If we are going to waste valuable time and energy on such a subject, i am starting think that "they" really have won, and when the NWO implements there "plan" then we will be too busy arguing who is sposed to stick what where instead of doing what is right. Just get your priorities straight guys(NO PUN INTENDED!!!)
edit on 23-9-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You're going to hear this from quite a few people, but you're wrong. Want proof?? Think about what you're attracted to. Can you not be attracted to it?? Sure, you can pretend you're not, like many do, but can you truly not be attracted to it. Here's a harder one. Can you force yourself to be attracted to something you're not?? Sure, you can pretend you can, but deep down are you truly attracted to what you forced yourself to like??

I honestly don't believe people can help what they're attracted to. Myself, for example. I'm attracted to all sorts of women, they're all beautiful.
But one thing I can say for certain is that I'm very attracted to asian women. If I'm around a bunch of women, it's really hard pressed for me not to want to flirt with the asian woman.

I can tell you why I'm attracted to them, but I cannot tell you why that attraction exists. I've given up trying to figure it out, and learned to just enjoy it.
I can't help it anymore than a person may be attracted to their own sex. You can believe it's a choice all you want, but I know I can't help but like what I like.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why not give gay people a choice if it is found to be genetic?

No reason. If it's found to be genetic, both gay and straight people could be CURED! We could CURE straight people! Imagine all the attention they could get by switching to gay!

Ugh!

I don't know what to do about myself, though. I've always been sexually and emotionally attracted to both genders... If I'm gonna be cured, I wanna make sure to go the "right" way, you know? So, should I cure my "gay side" or my "straight side"?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A "cure"? Really Metallicus? You really can't think like that, can you? In 2015? Wow. Just wow.

To the OP:
Let's say that it is a choice for the purpose of this exercise.
* How does this affect your life in any way shape or form?
* What change to your income would occur?
* Will the world stop turning?
* Will you continue to make it a great big issue because it makes you feel a little uncomfortable?

Stop trying to justify your prejudices by hiding behing pseudoscience.

My take on your lesbian story is that one was GTG - Gay 'til Graduation, and you were merely a little bit of strange. Something to play with. Aww, your place could have been taken by a plastic toy. You were used.
But you go right ahead and keep thinking you 'turned' one.

Anyway, threads like these are just divisive, but that's what people want, right? One nation heavily divided over the small issues.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've always thought the labels promoted more confusion than union. Get me horny enough and I'll plug into the nearest socket. Seems to me few are genuinely one way only, but the culture tries to trap us into biases. That seems to give people less pleasure experience, so figure I won't go that route. Seems to be working out well so far.
edit on 23-9-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Based on your "logic" you could choose to be gay then...

Give it a go...

You'll be flaccid as all hell and come to the realisation you're attracted to who you're attracted to genetically.

I like Asians and Latinas, and older white women (40+)...

I couldn't perform for anyone else.

It's not a choice.

It's also fallcious to equate same sex attraction to gender fluidity as if they're the same...
Not to mention a contradiction, because if they're inherently equatable as you suggest, it must go deeper than choice.

TL;DR
No.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Or how about curing everyone with all but brown eyes? It is known that humans used to have brown eyes only and genetic mutation developed other colors.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1

My take on your lesbian story is that one was GTG - Gay 'til Graduation, and you were merely a little bit of strange. Something to play with. Aww, your place could have been taken by a plastic toy. You were used.
But you go right ahead and keep thinking you 'turned' one.

No. If they were lesbian by nature, they'd have no interest or arousal with me (or so we are told).

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm rather old-fashioned or out to lunch, but I always thought that a human being is born with both sexes evident on their physical bodies. Otherwise, I have no idea why a man MUST have nipples. It just doesn't make any sense.

Further to that is the idea that we are born with a personality that has both male and female tendencies and that one can come to dominate regardless of the sex one is obviously born with. I've known men with feminine ways and women with masculine ways all my life and it does not mean that they became what is loosely termed as 'gay'.

Add to that the experiences over the formative years (birth to age 7) and you have the perfect gender-role Mixmaster.

There are those who choose a lifestyle and there are those who tend towards a lifestyle, but are fearful of showing it.

Personally speaking, it's nobody's business but their own.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I think there is plenty of scientific evidence that Homosexuality is not completely a choice.
But I also know women that claim to be gay but still enjoy sex of all flavors.

www.foxnews.com...

Having a male calming to be heterosexual but obsessed with gayness brings up some interesting questions.....
edit on 23-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The whole reason this is an argument is because if our Sexuality was a "Choice" people could say "This was your choice so why should you get these rights as a GLBTQ+ person"

think about Marriage, if this was a choice people could say why do you need "Marriage Equality" when it was your choice to be GLBTQ+.

this argument is so people can deny us any kind of protections or Equal rights, this argument is to justify seeing us as less than Equal to a Straight person.. because it's our "Lifestyle Choice"

If you find a Genetic Cure... could you finally cure these straight people?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

To be honest, I'm a tad bit jealous of bisexuals... they get the best of both worlds, dammit.

You folks get to enjoy the benefits of having way more choices in life when it comes to partnering up with a significant other !

link   

You can't cure genetic traits.

You can cure certain diseases.

Gay is not a disease and therefore incurable.

That'd be like curing my schizophrenia.
Not possible.
edit on 23-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

link   
I have to disagree with you due to personal experience.

I woke up this morning and...I was still sexually attracted to women. I didn't get to make a choice this morning about who I would like or if I was heterosexual or not. I just am. I was either born that way or things in my early childhood formation caused me to be this way. Again, I didn't choose to be heterosexual today. I just was.

Yes? Anyone else have to make a choice like this, this morning?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join