It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Show me the studies.

Or go away.

So, no studies beyond ten years are worth considering?

What about the single study that "proved" gays did not have a mental disorder? Should we ignore that one?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonymous007
a reply to: amazing

I don't see where everyone is bringing religion into the issue.

That is an easy way for your to dismiss alternative viewpoints, isn't it?

Perhaps you can ask the alcoholic if they chose to have a medical/mental condition?

Or ask the blind person when they were asked to be blind...

And are those not the questions you should ask of sexuality? My main point was...ask the heterosexual if he chose to be straight. He didn't, therefore the homosexual chose not either. Yes?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Anonymous007

Plagiarism

You copied and pasted most of your posts from the following website

jesus-heals-sex.blogspot.co.uk...

That is against the sites T&Cs, no wonder why you created a handle just for this thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Show me the studies.

Or go away.

So, no studies beyond ten years are worth considering?

What about the single study that "proved" gays did not have a mental disorder? Should we ignore that one?

Gays say they are born that way.

I believe them. They know.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yeah, you didn't chose who you were attracted to.

Neither do homosexuals. A label is used to make it easier because humans like to compartmentalise everything.

I don't know the ins and outs of sexuality and it's origins.... But suggesting it is a choice is quite offensive to many i'm sure. Even if, which I believe to be the case, you never intended. But you have to be aware.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Don't sweat it. I did the heavy lifting for you:

The little research that has been conducted suggests that about one-fourth of heterosexual-identified women and men have had anal sex, but that doesn’t mean that one-fourth of heterosexual couples have anal sex regularly. In fact, research suggests that only about 10% of women and men have had anal sex in the past year.

kinseyconfidential.org...

So 25% of straights have had anal sex and 10% in just the last year. You are incorrect.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Please show the copy and paste results.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Quicker to tell you what has not been copied buddy, but links to sites you've copied from have been sent to the mods.

They'll mail you which posts they've removed

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

If they can find blatant copy and paste, more power to them!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There is something called the Kinsey scale - Kinsey did a lot of sex research and discovered that out sexual preferences go on a scale. His was from 0 to 6, with 0 being 100% gay and 6 being 100% straight. Most people fall in the middle.

Wikipedia: Kinsey Scale

I think people should be able to choose who they want a relationship with, whether it be with someone of the same sex or not. I do tend to agree with you that a lot of people choose to be attracted to others of the same sex, and I think that should be allowed.

I'm sure some people are born gay. At any rate, I think this idea that a lot of people are choosing to be gay is a controversial subject because people think that they only have the right to be gay if they were born that way. However, I think people have the right to love whomever they want to regardless of how they were born.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Should we allow humans to kill children?

Is Infanticide Natural and Normal Since it Is Prevalent among Animals?

thewestsidestory.net...

New study finds 119 mammals out of 260 species commit infanticide

This may not be the best of news but a new study has found that 119 mammals out of the 260 species understudied commit infanticide – the killing of babies or infants – as a survival strategy. This was made known by a zoologist, Dieter Luxas of the University of Cambridge, and a behavioral ecologist, Elise Huchard from the French National Centre for Scientific Research.

According to Huchard, “infanticide is probably the most extreme manifestation of sexual conflict in mammals, with a major fitness cost for mothers who lose their offspring, in which they have already invested lots of energy.”

The researchers had set out to investigate if mammals with all their known affections for babies still engage in infanticides, why they do so, and the consequences of these acts.

The scientists were able to study 260 mammal species and then found out that 119 of them engage in infanticides; but they also observed 114 mammal species that do not practice this behavior. However, they were only able to record actual animal acts and practices that involved baby-killing. But while trying to establish social structure and mating behavioral patterns to determine factors, they found that in situations where there is no dominating males within the habitat, male mammals tend to commit more infanticide where males and females cohabit together.

Another adviser who is not involved with the study explains that “selection for larger testicles…is a male counter-strategy to that female counter-strategy, which gives you an idea of how dynamic and complicated evolution of reproductive strategies can be. We cannot understand what one sex is doing without also taking into account what has been going on in the other.”

Monogamy, the writer pointed out, is one of the strategies adopted by females to prevent the killing of their infants by aggressive males. While males practice infanticides more under certain circumstances, it must be noted that female mammals also carry out infanticides given other conditions.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

You realize that Kinsey had mental issues and like to "play" with children?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

From the first paragraph in your opening post. Word for word from google search below

[Influence of genetic factors on human sexual orientation. Review].
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pubmed
by A Rodríguez-Larralde - ‎2009 - ‎Cited by 7 - ‎Related articles
Mobile-friendly - Human sexual orientation is a complex trait, influenced by several genes, ... These elements interact and produce a typical pattern of sexual orientation towards ... Some exceptions exist, like bisexuality and homosexuality, which seem to be ...

link   

And what of the subject matter?

link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
There is a strong desire to figure out what percentage is "born this way" and what percentage is nurtured, conditioned, chosen. Inquiry into that question, followed by scientific discovery could actually solve the whole heated debate.

The fact that you feel the need for debate at all is interfering in peoples lives.

Imagine someone decided that they needed to debate an aspect of your life, in public, over and over again. You'd get real pissed, really quickly.

Someones sexuality is none of your business. At all. Surely you have better things to do with your life?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I have 2 problems with that. 1- Equating a natural desire, yes it is, with murder is beyond ridiculous. 2- The procreation crap again? You don't know straight people that don't want kids. I know many. Secondly, anal sex isn't just for gay men.
That's a part of many straight people sex lives as well. The outrage seems to only come when it's 2 gay men though.

I've noticed that the outrage is only for 1. gay men and 2. ugly lesbians
When it's 2 hot chicks going at it many a hardcore conservative are suddenly very supportive!

edit on 24-9-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: format

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

People get offended over calling it a choice, because that view is an extreme generalization. I'll bottom line it for you. You do not really "choose" who or what type of person you are attracted to. For example, if I am attracted to larger heavier set women, is that really a choice? Some folks would find that repulsive, but there are tons that wouldn't have it any other way. Sure they could CHOOSE another type of person, but it's very likely they will not be happy as their desires will not be fulfilled (something that's important in long term relationship). You can fake the funk or suppress desires all you want, but that isn't conducive to happiness in the least. IMO, suppressing it doesn't make it go away, it hides the desire deep within yourself to one day emerge again.

It's not really a choice unless you are attracted to multiple types of women and/or men. This ties into your experience with the "lesbians". Yes, bisexuals do have a choice, and yes sexual tastes can change over the years. Obviously the lesbians you talked about were actually bisexual and were making the choice to be with you. I know some bisexual folks that dated one sex exclusively for the first 25 years of their life and then switched to the other later on because they preferred it, but didn't realize it at first. So unless you are suggesting that everyone is bisexual, there isn't really a choice. I also do not believe non bisexuals are as low as .1%

If homosexuality is a choice, then somebody who is straight could easily switch to gay at a moment's notice, including yourself. Would that be cool with you or would you be disgusted by it? Does that put you in the .1%? Your answer should put this argument to bed.

I have a theory that people who claim homosexuality is a choice, claim this because they themselves are actually bisexual and can see themselves making this choice. For somebody that is not bisexual, there is no choice. Unless you think choosing between eating a ham sandwich and eating dirt from the ground is a choice. Sure you can choose to eat dirt, but you won't be happy or healthy, just like if you "choose" to be with somebody that you aren't attracted to.

Also a relevant but cheesy cliche, beggars can't be choosers. Some folks will "choose" whatever comes their way.

I agree that the line isn't always as fine as we think, but there are TONS of folks that are repulsed by homosexual sex, just like there are plenty that are repulsed by straight sex. If you aren't bisexual, you do not have a real choice.

edit on 24-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Children would not have to be convinced? Children are a victim of their surroundings. They become adjusted and normalised to their surroundings. Hence why many gay parents have children and those children do not resent them because it's all they've ever known. When they grow a little older, they may see its not the "norm" but, they won't suddenly hate their parents or need any convincing.

It's funny... the issues regarding homosexuality probably all stem back to the creation of religion. As a religious person myself, I am in no way bashing it. But it's clear to me that this comparison to what animals do and that those actions would be deemed immoral by us is crazy. Read the bible. You tell me what was "allowed" and deemed "normal" in our own society then, would we accept these actions now because... the bible said it's ok? Slavery? Murder? Prostitution? Selling women?

We develop as a society and the more we understand the less we should be held back by ancient stigmas.

You have no proof that a homosexual man or woman chose to be that way. Did you choose your sexuality? Be attracted to someone of the same sex, go on, try it. See how easy it is! It's your choice!!

We're also not talking about the actions of gay people. We're talking about a woman and man's sexuality. What they get up to in their own time is their own business. I'm sure there are many "straight" people who do some stranger stuff...
edit on 24-9-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Again you're incorrect:

Allegations against Kinsey concerning this information about children's sexual responses were first made in 1981 by Judith A. Reisman. She subsequently enlarged on these ideas in a book written jointly with Edward Eichel and published in 1990 [Kinsey, Sex, and Fraud]. When The Kinsey Institute responded, Reisman filed suit in 1991 against The Kinsey Institute, then director June Reinisch, and Indiana University, alleging defamation of character and slander. In September 1993, Reisman's lawyer withdrew from the case, and in June 1994 the court dismissed Reisman's case with prejudice [which means that Reisman is prohibited from refiling the suit].

The same allegations about Dr. Kinsey's work were made in a video, entitled "Dr. Kinsey and the Children of Table 34," released by the Family Research Council in November 1994, and again in May, and most recently in September this year.

It is relevant to ask why these people continue to raise this issue. Clearly they have concerns about the effects of sex education, and they assert that this original information about children's sexual responses, obtained from a few adult pedophiles, forms the basis for modern sex education. They apparently hope that if Dr. Kinsey and his work, carried out more than 50 years ago, can be discredited, modern sex education will lose its credibility also.

www.kinseyinstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Why does this even matter?

If someone is gay through choice or gay through genetics that person is gay, big deal, they get treated the same as everyone else so is this whole debate not kind of pointless.

There are studies that would suggest that the outright Obsession folk have about this cancels any question raised.

Some folk are overly/unnaturally obsessed about this...

Å99

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join