It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Actually the new PC term is "Hetrosexist"

Repulsed by it.....then they need to keep their opinions to themselves. Lots of folk were "repulsed" by interracial marriages, but most folk like that have thankfully died out.

Can't really use relgion as religious people have made a choice to have that believe system. Unlike gay folk who are born gay, folk are not born with any predetermined believe system as that's imposed on them most of the time by their family and geography.

Just as NAZI's were "repulsed" by Jews, they were not born hating Jews, they were brainwashed to, akin to religious people today have been brainwashed away from the teachings of Jesus, instead use fragments of a book to hate and be repulsed by certain sections of humanity.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

originally posted by: Ikema

Wrong, dead wrong. As I had said before I have a sibling that is homosexual and believe me it is caused him nothing but a life of depression.

Just because you happen to know someone who is homsexual by nature (apparently, and not due to upbringing), doesn't mean everyone is.

Just because YOU knew two lesbians who may have not been homosexual by nature doesn't mean all or "most" are.

I can't believe you just typed that after your OP......

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

That is not true. Transgender people ARE born in the body of the opposite gender. They ARE born that way, just like gay people. So, the contradiction you claim is nonexistent.

I do believe we are born man or woman. The LGBT Community however, claims that gender is a "fluid" concept and that one can choose to be something else, at will. Sexual orientation on the other hand, they say, cannot be chosen.

Are you saying that you could have increased your sexual desire for men and could have sex with men as a preference? You could change or choose your sexual gender preference? If that's true, then you are bisexual.

I`m saying that with a different upbringing and social conditioning, I may have turned out differently.

And THAT is the "bashing" I'm talking about. Apparently you're straight and you presume to tell a whole section of society that they are lying about their sexuality being something they were born into. How dare you?

I`m not saying they are lying. I`m saying that there are many who are unaware of their choice in the matter.

You have NO respect for LGBT people to try to tell them their own minds. What could you possibly hope to gain?

I've gained insight into the fact that the "no-choice" idea appears to already be cemented into the consciousness of the general populace and that questioning it makes people angry.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sexual orientation is inherent. It is not a choice.

Choosing to have same sex does not make someone homosexual/lesbian.

Committing a same sex act does not make someone gay. It's simply a same sex act.

Anyone can choose to have sex with whoever they want.

Know the difference.

edit on 24-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Man 'has sex with tree,

www.mirror.co.uk...

Man-on-tree-sex is a choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
I would have to disagree with all homosexuality being a choice.

But that's not what I said, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
If you are so eager for a strict set of rules, go live with the Taliban.

Excuse me? Are you in the right thread?

It's my understanding that 'gay' is an accepted term. It is the 'G' in LBGT after all. I think 'fag' is supposed to be offensive, but I didn't use that term did I?

No, but you used 'gay' as an insult. It's all about intention.

I'm not insulting heterosexuals. Heterosexual men who are confident in their sexuality aren't threatened by gay people, nor do they sit around and think about them all day.

I'm not sure you can make that assumption based on this thread. You don't know most of the posters here I imagine, and have no idea how they live their lives or what they think is important.

I'm not even sure you're an LGBT supporter, you seem more like one of those social justice warriors that jumps on the topic of the day to appear moral.

I have never used gay as an insult, on this thread, or ever in my life.

You sure are acting like you took my joking post very personally. I'm sensing some defensiveness on your end. Now why might that be???

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

Why is this thread even being allowed for the millionth time.

Most threads of this nature discuss whether homosexuality is good or not. But, contrary to what many repliers think, this thread has nothing to do with that. It's about how much of homosexuality is a choice or conditioned and how much is from birth.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I found it interesting. I am not aware of the bashing though.

Knee-jerk reactions. It's a nuanced OP with no gay-bashing at all.

Nuanced? More like a bull in a china shop trying to disguise itself in a top hat and tails. The OP is insulting, bigoted, and immature. Besides being click-bait and offensive.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Actually the new PC term is "Hetrosexist"

Repulsed by it.....then they need to keep their opinions to themselves. Lots of folk were "repulsed" by interracial marriages, but most folk like that have thankfully died out.
Well I'm not one for PC culture but duly noted lol. Yes, someone who is repulsed by it should keep their opinion to themselves. The world, however, is not ideal, and good ideas don't always prevail.

Can't really use relgion as religious people have made a choice to have that believe system. Unlike gay folk who are born gay, folk are not born with any predetermined believe system as that's imposed on them most of the time by their family and geography.
I was in no way excusing their ignorance or comparing them to gays, I hope you know that.

Just as NAZI's were "repulsed" by Jews, they were not born hating Jews, they were brainwashed to, akin to religious people today have been brainwashed away from the teachings of Jesus, instead use fragments of a book to hate and be repulsed by certain sections of humanity.
No disagreement here either. These thoughts are definately a product of outside influence on young minds. The real problem is how to we eradicate these problems without creating some kind of dystopian societal doctrine that all kids must learn? Perhaps all these issues really do need is time, though I'd hate to use that as an excuse for inaction if there was a solution.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: butcherguy
I found it interesting. I am not aware of the bashing though.

Knee-jerk reactions. It's a nuanced OP with no gay-bashing at all.

Nuanced? More like a bull in a china shop trying to disguise itself in a top hat and tails. The OP is insulting, bigoted, and immature. Besides being click-bait and offensive.

I agree.

Not so much for the question, but the presentation.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
You sure are acting like you took my joking post very personally. I'm sensing some defensiveness on your end. Now why might that be???

Oh, it's just that I hate hypocrits, sorry if you felt that in my writing.

Are you sure you aren't just here to antagonize?
edit on 24-9-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
So one day you wake up and think,
"I will be Strait! I will be sexualy atracted to females."
and thats it ?

No. I`d say its a formative process that goes on for decades.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'll say it again. It's worth repeating.

Sexuality and sexual attraction is not a choice. Being Homosexual or Heterosexual...for this discussion a base, simplified definition--Are you sexually attracted to someone of your same sex or of the opposite sex...is not really a choice.

I woke up this morning being more attracted to females than males. I say more, but really there's no attraction to anyone of the same sex...same as yesterday...same as the last year...same as the last decade...same as ever or for as long as I can remember. It just was. I didn't get to make that choice. I didn't wake up and say..."hmmm... I wonder if I'll be sexually attracted to females or males today?"

That attraction was already hardwired into my brain. How? Not sure really, but...It was most definitely NOT a choice.
edit on 24-9-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: revswim
LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT IF THEY ARENT HURTING PEOPLE!

I hear a lot of this "so what! let us do what we want!" in the thread....as if I cared what people do in their private lives...as if I could even change what they do in their private lives. As if this thread were about judging people and bashing gays. I guess these folks are so used to being oppressed they instantly assume the worst every time someone asks a few simple questions.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1

saying that homosexuality is a choice is completely unfair.

But that's not what I said, is it? It does fascinate me how the word "most" is glossed over...by most.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

The myth of our times is that people feel it is justified to try and label other people and/or want to interfere in their lives, by assuming that somehow their opinion matters more than how another person might think, or feel.

Because to a gay person, who knows their own sexuality, your belief simply means nothing.

There is no desire from this end to interfere with anyones life. There is a strong desire to figure out what percentage is "born this way" and what percentage is nurtured, conditioned, chosen. Inquiry into that question, followed by scientific discovery could actually solve the whole heated debate.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You believe that an inquiry into the nature of free will is bigoted and offensive and should be stopped?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If homosexuality where i choice, I would have turned gay a long time ago when i realised that I could not and would never be able to understand women.

thread debunked

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

You need to understand that after several thousand pages on LGBT issues, folk become defensive. It's like picking a scab that never heals.

I must admit and I'm sure several others would agree, up till a year ago I'd say, some folk were downright homophobic and extreme in their opinions about LGBT members. We have gay members on this site that have been forced off the site for a long length of time due to the homophobic messages they received via the sites message system. Even I left the site for some time due to the "hatred" I saw against gay folk.

It was very very uncomfortable to know that there were folk out there that are repulsed by me for being gay. However that being said, ATS has changed a lot in the last year or two and "Hetrosexist" are normally shown the door, and most of the time its the Straight ATS members that show a no tolerance response to anti gay members.

edit on 24.9.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join