It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Old-timer Built a Dog Train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The Dodo

"We live down on a dead-end street, where me and my brother have a horse barn," Bostick told The Dodo. "People sometimes come by and dump dogs out here, leaving them to starve. So, we started feeding them, letting them in, taking them to the vet to get them spayed and neutered. We made a place for them to live."

"One day I was out and I seen this guy with a tractor who attached these carts to pull rocks. I thought, 'Dang, that would do for a dog train,'" said Bostick. "I'm a pretty good welder, so I took these plastic barrels with holes cut in them, and put wheels under them and tied them together."

"Whenever they hear me hooking the tractor up to it, man, they get so excited," said Bostick. "They all come running and jump in on their own. They're ready to go."

Here's a feel good story about an old man in retirement helping stray dogs. He owns property on a dead end road and people dump their dogs there. He feeds them, lets them in, and even takes them to the vet to get spayed or neutered. This gentleman is a shining example of someone doing his part well into his golden years.

I like stories like this because I am an animal lover. This is what I'd like to be doing when I retire. You can tell how much the dogs love it as they sing down they road.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was traveling over Snoqualmie Pass a bit ago, and we stopped in at a gas station to grab some supplies and navigate around an accident that we had gotten wind of slowing traffic to a standstill.

Struck up a conversation with this really nice (girlfriend said adorable) old man, and ended up asking him how to circumvent the accident. After giving us some very thorough directions, we bid adieu and started back to her truck.

Noticed this old school bus, and was a little surprised to see it parked on the side of the road with all the windows cracked. Then I noticed most of the windows had a very happy dog face looking out! It was a "rescue bus" and this wonderful old timer ambled up to it and hopped in, striped overalls, floppy baseball hat and a smile.

Love stories like this, when I saw it on Reddit this morning it gave me a huge smile!

When I retire (if I ever do) I would love to have some land with the woman I love and rescue dogs and horses.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

All aboard for some fluffy canine happiness!

That's a wonderful little story there harvestdog! Thank you so much for posting it!

This elderly man giving his time this way, just to improve the lives of stray dogs is touching. When time is all one has, to give so much of it is generosity of staggering proportions. What a spirited man!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's an awesome old man you met. And you tell the story really well. i can picture him in his overalls hauling a bunch of strays.
i can't stay in So Cal much longer, there are people that make me want to hate them. And the wife cannot stand one more summer here. Luckily the wife and I bought low in 2009. We are planning on going to rural Colorado, and if she had her way we would turn the whole property into a dog rescue. I like watching people interact with animals, especially big ones like horses, when there is a bond you can't miss.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah, this man is legendary to me. I can see the true happiness shine through as the abandoned dogs are singing in their carts. I do believe he spent his own money to construct that train and his payback is they dogs' enjoyment. It's not fun being lonely, especially in your later years, and Dog Is Man's Best Friend.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Awwww... Look at all those happy puppies going for a 'car' ride.

I want to ride the doggie train too !

Some humans really do bring joy to the world.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

New version, old one taken down from embedding.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Awww. What a lovely old chap. Those dogs are lucky

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yes, this old-timer has it figured out. Most stray dogs just want a home and some loving. So nice of him to help them out.
Thank you for stopping by. Are you a bloke or a sheila?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
just imaging all the dogs getting super psyched when they hear the tractor being hooked up is awesome. it's one of the cutest things ive seen in a long time. what i would give to be driving that train around full of adorable dogs that were abandoned and then saved. awesome. thats the life right there. that mans a saint.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Yes God bless this man, he is a saint. I just don't get people that would abandon their dog. How could you leave him to fend for himself when he is so domesticated and reliant on people? People seem so selfish these days. This story makes me smile though.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yea for this man.
Absolutely spoiling doggies that too many a hat's were abandoning.

Because our bulldog has to ride in the trailer, while hubby is mowing, I know exactly how happy they must be.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Oh!

You can even help him, if you can.
Go Fund Me

new topics

top topics

join