It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers just released the home address and phone number of price-gouging pharma CEO Martin Shkreli

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder about the term "hack" though. Remember, there are everyday people that only make $10/hr that are in position to know these things. And I'm sure there are people working for peanuts that would be happy to drop that info to anons because somebody was being a giant douche. Yes, an obvious a breach of cofidence under the contract where they work if it's the case, but sometimes personal ethics may override accepted legal ones.

Regardless, if it's the real deal, time to get the popcorn and enjoy the show. He has it coming for him.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

its not a stereotype if it is true.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
While I certainly have little sympathy for this individual, I cannot on principle ever agree with doxing someone's personal information. Two wrongs do not make a right, and exposing someone's whereabouts and contact information - irrespective of what they've done - is not something I can regard as ethical or right according to my own beliefs.

Feel free to disagree.

That said, prescription drug costs need to come down, not arbitrarily go up (and cleary it's fairly arbitrary given the subsequent reduction in price in response to this imo quite justified uproar.)

Peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And this is what the mob calls 'justice'.

We don't need no sticking courts.

We don't need a jury of our peers.

We don't need representation under the law.

Hell just get a rope!

This thread read like a Klan meeting.

You definitely got a point. And remember that kind of thing can go both ways.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
We need to have a REAL Star Chamber cuz you know any formal justice this douche gets will merely be a slap on the wrist

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Got his voicemail

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I read in reddit that he had posted those details there last year. He probably forgot about it and someone stumbled onto it.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It really took hackers to find what is normally publicly available information? Additionally, are you people really advocating that this guy gets accosted because he raised the price of a drug?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It is most certainly his number....just called and straight to VM.

Nice! Interesting that it's still in service...you'd think he'd deactivate it after it was made public.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

While I certainly have little sympathy for this individual, I cannot on principle ever agree with doxing someone's personal information. Two wrongs do not make a right, and exposing someone's whereabouts and contact information - irrespective of what they've done - is not something I can regard as ethical or right according to my own beliefs.

Feel free to disagree.

I'm afraid I've got to agree with you on that. He may be a total degenerate, but info like that could cost him or his family their lives...there are plenty of people out there who are huge proponents of vigilante justice and this is just giving them an opportunity to act on it with impunity. But of course, that would be the motivation behind releasing his private information in the first place...the hope that harm will come to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join