It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Will Produce its Strongest Flares in Thousands of Years; Billions Will Die?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

originally posted by: spav5

originally posted by: Milah

To me, it doesn't even look like the same sun I saw up in the sky just 10 yrs ago. The 'old' sun was a rich yellow that I could actually stare directly briefly at for a few seconds (well not during a solar eclipse)... but now can't even look in that direction with dark shades on for any length of time at all. It's so white it's BLUEISH nowadays.. except in late evening hours when twilight highlights the sky while it sets.

Do you think that "if" the sun does not appear the same as decades before that it is more likely changes in the atmosphere? Dirty up you glasses or fog them over and see if everything looks a little different.

yep..thats why i say appear. scientists have been reassuring us in recent years that even the 'hole' in the ozone layer (or holes?) are closing: www.weather.com...

so why does the sun appear whiter, bluer in recent years? could particles, smog be shifting it to bluer/whiter? could reflective particles in the air (if present, how'd they get there) make the sun more brilliant?

It's the other way around. Thanks to liberals and environmentalists, the air is cleaner with less aerosol pollutants from human activities, in particular reflective particles (which would darken the sun). You are now seeing a sun closer to what our ancestors enjoyed.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join