It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmonaut Kovalenok UFO and secret South African weapons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Recent article on 1979 mystery flash, maybe part of secret nuclear weapons program ALSO seen shortly afterwards by Russian cosmonaut? Just a suggestion for discussion.

phys.org...

edit on 23-9-2015 by JimOberg because: oops

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Um. Where's the thread because all I see is the message before you even start typing...

EDIT: See it now
edit on 23-9-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I believe it was fairly recent when SA had nuclear weapons programs correct? I could see this being a sighting of a test.

ETA...looks like up until 1989 they had a program.
edit on 9/23/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Strekalov's report a year earlier was also over the same area, I'm wondering if they also caught sight of missile tests.

BAD MATH -- Strekalov's report was 1990, 9 yrs later -- my bad.

The two spectacular accidental sightings of Russian rockets from on board ISS in the last two years is what suggested this idea. I wondered, why should they be the first such sightings?
edit on 23-9-2015 by JimOberg because: math error

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is still a half-baked idea, and coincidences can be accidental, but the closeness in time of the possible top secret S African nuclear test and a suspected bomb delivery missile test program that remains classified to this day is suggestive and tantalizing. Strekalov's report was nine years after Kovalenok's. They are the only two I know of, of that apparent [possible] nature.

edit on 23-9-2015 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I believe it was fairly recent when SA had nuclear weapons programs correct? I could see this being a sighting of a test.

SA with the bomb.......that's a chilling concept.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well, the timeline would be in a logical order, if what the Cosmonauts saw in 1981, was a delivery missile test, and the first completed bomb was in 1982, leaving the way to perform the next step, whatever that may have been.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Well, the timeline would be in a logical order, if what the Cosmonauts saw in 1981, was a delivery missile test, and the first completed bomb was in 1982, leaving the way to perform the next step, whatever that may have been.

Yeah, it's tempting, which is why I'm scared of the theory, it explains too much in a neat package.

I'm hoping some folks have additional insights into the cosmnaut stories, or even the S African missile program -- my experience has been that the depth of knowledge of the ATS group mind is awesome beyond boundaries.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Erm I thought everyone knew SA had the bomb! 4 actually And that the west????????? Actually bought it off the outgoing white government in fact the British actually did the deal and David Cameron was part of the negotiation team. Am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Yeah, it's tempting, which is why I'm scared of the theory, it explains too much in a neat package.

I'm hoping some folks have additional insights into the cosmnaut stories, or even the S African missile program -- my experience has been that the depth of knowledge of the ATS group mind is awesome beyond boundaries.

Well, The Guardian did a whistleblower type story one time that the Israelis offered to sell these kind of weapons to South Africa, which is kind of weird, and makes something of a nonsense of South Africa being a developer of WMD, and rather that it seems the Israelis had an agreement to develop, and test their weapons in South Africa, or even 'just' for live testing there. The Israelis then being The Godfather. All you will get out of the US government sources though is that the Israelis tech is from, ten, twenty years after WW2. So even though The Guardian story was pretty much poo-hooed officially, the official line is not so convincing either.

Here's the link, in fact the story is newer than I recalled,

www.theguardian.com...

There is also mention of Dimona, a nuclear facility in Israel. Supposedly this is where a lot of the research went on. All the infrastructure above the ground is or was dummy... a visually functioning facility allegedly to fool inspectors. Underground the weaponry research was performed???

An extract on Dimona,

n 1986, Mordechai Vanunu, a former technician at Dimona, fled to the United Kingdom and revealed to the media some evidence of Israel's nuclear program and explained the purposes of each building, also revealing a top-secret underground facility directly below the installation. The Mossad, Israel's secret service, sent a female agent who lured Vanunu to Italy, where he was kidnapped by Mossad agents and smuggled to Israel aboard a freighter. An Israeli court then tried him in secret on charges of treason and espionage, and sentenced him to eighteen years imprisonment. At the time of Vanunu's kidnapping, The Times reported that Israel had material for approximately 20 hydrogen bombs and 200 fission bombs. In the spring of 2004, Vanunu was released from prison, and placed under several strict restrictions, such as the denial of a passport, freedom of movement limitations and restrictions on communications with the press. Since his release, he has been rearrested and charged multiple times for violations of the terms of his release.
edit on 23-9-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Well, The Guardian did a whistleblower type story one time that the Israelis offered to sell these kind of weapons to South Africa, which is kind of weird, and makes something of a nonsense of South Africa being a developer of WMD, and rather that it seems the Israelis had an agreement to develop, and test their weapons in South Africa, or even 'just' for live testing there. The Israelis then being The Godfather. All you will get out of the US government sources though is that the Israelis tech is from, ten, twenty years after WW2. So even though The Guardian story was pretty much poo-hooed officially, the official line is not so convincing either.

That's what I heard too. We're into deep waters of genuine gummint coverups here by people who take their secrecy VERY serious.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Jim, your thread is not exactly trending, because it is obvious that an astronaut would see a secret nuke test from 200 miles up...if it happened. Just as they would see a weather system or whatever. So what. (if a tree falls..)

And historically, UFO reports are always noting that UFOs are spotted over nuke facilities & tests etc...., thus there still could have been a UFO sighting over this particular incident.

(And Jim take note that who had (or has) nukes is old news...& in my opinion, no country keeps secrets better than the USA & in particular, NASA!)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
My interest in what rocket launchings look like from orbit led me to ask 53-year-old cosmonaut Yuri Malenchenko [641 days in space on 5 missions] about it during an interview in Houston yesterday.

www.spacefacts.de...

He replied that he had several times seen ascent plumes like the one imaged from ISS by Parmitano in October 2013, but had never seen anything like the subsequent plume cloud on that launch. He was very curious about what had caused it.

new topics

top topics

join