It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin fires warning shot to West

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

VLADIMIR Putin has unveiled plans to build a huge new military base on Russia's border with Ukraine amid warnings that he intends to lash out at the West to distract attention from his country's ailing economy.

Source

The Russian leader will construct a huge facility for more than 5,000 troops and heavy weaponry just a few miles from where the fiercest fighting has taken place between Moscow-backed separatists and Ukrainian army forces. A crack brigade of troops trained specifically in how to deal with nuclear, chemical and biological attacks will be drafted in from a top secret base in central Russia to man the installation. They will be accompanied by thousands of tanks, armoured vehicles and rockets in the latest evidence that Russia is now on a war footing in eastern Europe.

Source

Reuters

Hi..
I haven't made a thread for while.. but this news article has me a wee bit concerned..
There is nothing Imminent in this report.. but the very fact that Russia will have no money in
2 years.. gives me shivers down my spine.

You see Putin strikes me as the kind of man who won't go down by himself.. he has hated the West
since the Soviet Union went bankrupt.
He blames the West for the humiliation Russia had to endure in the 20 or so years from the downfall
of Soviet Russia up until the oil started to flow and Putin started rebuilding.

He is in Syria now and as far as I’m concerned he will never leave there..In my opinion he's there to cause trouble
for the West... in a manner I can only guess at for the moment.

So will he attack the West and if so what form will it take.. I hope he's not stupid enough to launch
a limited nuclear attack on Poland or the UK.

discuss
edit on Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:23:53 -0500233America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
You say he's there to cause trouble for the West. As far as I'm concerned Russia is supporting the unification of Syria whereas the West is destabilizing the region. The West says ISIS is an issue, but their priority is to remove Assad. Maybe Putin wants to make trouble for the West. But is what the West is doing right?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

He is in Syria now and as far as I’m concerned he will never leave there..In my opinion he's there to cause trouble
for the West

Yeah, couldn't agree more. He's there fighting the terrorists that the US and their western buddies are funding! Can you imagine just how frustrated your west is due to someone actually taking actions against their friends ISIS.

And the rest of your post is just plain BS. Nothing unusual i guess.
Down with the Putin!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

When russia gets big black triangles, then they will be relevant!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So you have proof that the West is funding and building ISIS?
please provide links proof of that.

On the other hand i have provided links for Russian base building on Ukraine's
border.. New air bases in Belarus.

Actually its your post that's BS

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
How many times have we seen this in history?

Will it be a good old fashioned case of Brinkmanship, or will war arise with Russia?

This is his reaction to the build up of NATO on his doorstep, he did warn there would be a reaction.

www.rt.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Putin seems like he's hell bent on making Russia a third world country, and it's a shame that he seems likely to accomplish just that.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Oh come on, stop being ignorant will you?

You see Putin strikes me as the kind of man who won't go down by himself.. he has hated the West
since the Soviet Union went bankrupt.
He blames the West for the humiliation Russia had to endure in the 20 or so years from the downfall
of Soviet Russia up until the oil started to flow and Putin started rebuilding.

Give us proof for this. And please don't use that poor speech Putin made 25 years ago, and don't link blogs of your friends. What you wrote here, is beyond ridiculous I won't even care to elaborate why I think this way.

So will he attack the West and if so what form will it take.. I hope he's not stupid enough to launch
a limited nuclear attack on Poland or the UK.

Source for this as well. I bet you can't give us any. Again, beyond ridiculous.

You want us to discuss a fantasy of yours, right? Because none of what you are saying is HAPPENING, you know that, right?

See, as I've said, your whole post is just typical BS. Mods should move this thread to Dreams forum.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Is this a new base or is he just acknowledging the existence and upgrade of the ad-hock one they created to train and support Russian forces in E. Ukraine?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Is this a new base or is he just acknowledging the existence and upgrade of the ad-hock one they created to train and support Russian forces in E. Ukraine?

Apparently this is a new base.. home to 1300 tanks..
Guess Putin intends to roll those tanks out to
Eastern Europe..

Slight flaw in the plan.. they'll never make it out of Ukraine
edit on Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:07:52 -0500073America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That idea of building a base that close to the "enemy" doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Tactically, it is a foolhardy blunder, strategically, who is he trying to scare? NATO is not going away.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
well, if Russia put ballistic missiles on the Mexican border, as NATO has done in the Baltics, we might have a similar response.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What ballistic missiles has NATO put in the Baltics?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: jimmyx

What ballistic missiles has NATO put in the Baltics?

Yea.. i was wondering this myself.. lol

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Do you have any other source for this new base in Russia close to Ukraine's border? I can't find this news on any other mainstream outlet.

And, assuming this was true, how is it a problem if they build a base in THEIR country?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is the beginning of the end.... Nazi Germany floods itself with over a million Islamic immigrants, showing compassion with one hand, and funding right wing groups with the other. The anti immigration movement grows into a protest movement on the scale of the Ukraine maidan protests, the government resigns, Right wing movement leaders take office and try to re establish the third reight. Other fascist groups in Europe pledge support, which has increase significantly with the flood of migrants from Asia, and Europe erupts into all out war. Putin would be a fool not to prepare for war with the European fascists imo. They have been mobilising since 1945.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So Russia builds a base in Russia and it is somehow a threat to the United States?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
Do you have any other source for this new base in Russia close to Ukraine's border? I can't find this news on any other mainstream outlet.

And, assuming this was true, how is it a problem if they build a base in THEIR country?

seems you didn't look very hard ..
This took me 5 seconds

source

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Putin is neither crazy nor stupid he's a cold blooded killer. Ask yourself if he did launch a limited nuclear strike and he took out say NY City? would the US retaliate at the risk of all out Nuclear war? I think America would back down it would be stupid not to. I don't put it past Putin either if his back is to the wall. He don't need to launch an all out Nuclear war. All he has to do is use one bomb and the world would kneel to him in fear of all out destruction.

His policies and actions are bringing a whole lot of hurt onto Russia with sanctions. If Russia sinks economically the oligarchs will see to it he is hanged.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Are you going to play dumb with me, or are you actually going to link us your sources for the claims that you made?

This is like the media nowadays. You can write whatever the hell you want without ANY responsibility for it! You write a bunch of nonsense and bait people into discussion over something that is not real.

Or should i not waste my time on this fantasy of yours and just ignore it?
edit on 23-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join