It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now we are being FORCED by the EU to take people no matter what we voted..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Mind your manners please.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Or should we just let these people in and allow the hatred they cause...

Yes, we should let them in. Actually, we're doing just that. And they do not cause hatred - hatred is mostly caused by folks that wouldn't touch a foreigner with a ten foot pole for fear of being turned into a radical terrorist.

Instead of being afraid of them - offer them a warm welcome. Help them as much as you can. Allow them, even stimulate them to stay, to work here, to create their own businesses, to pay taxes and contribute to OUR way of life. Allow them to blend in, to add to the mix.

Again: even if all Syrians came to live here, they would just be a measly 4 percent of the population. So, what's there to fear - but fear itself?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

I respect your view; after all, you are entitled to it. However, I disagree with you and my view is the counter opposite.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Try educating yourself about the subject. Try thinking logically instead of spouting some irrational fantasy best of all possible Worlds nonsense. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

I'm fine, thank you. Are you?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Well, at least I'm provoking a response

Seriously: I can somewhat understand your fear, uncertainty and doubt. I simply don't agree with them. See, I've never been afraid of people. People are just people. Sure, there will be rotten apples in our newly acquired basket of New Europeans. Sure, some may be radical, some may be terrorists. Some may be lazy, some may be here to steal. All very human. All exactly like it is with the ones that were born here. And yes, we should fight that. But that has nothing to do with ones origins. Radicalism does not limit itself to Muslims, Syrians or whatever nation, tribe or religion - it's an universal evil. You can't stop it by closing your borders.

You can fight it by debating, discussing and giving the right example. By introducing laws that are upheld by the overwhelming majority of the people and maintaining these. By remaining civilised. Manners and decorum.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Political correctness gone truly insane, that's the EU migrant crisis in a nutshell. EU citizens are being asked to accept a clearly false reality. They're being asked to blindly accept the fantasy that all these Muslims will seamlessly integrate and coexist peacefully. In literally every EU country that has a large amount of Muslims, there are some major issues relating to that dynamic. But, you're a racist if you notice that obvious, glaring fact. Political correctness gone insane.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
But, you're a racist if you notice that obvious, glaring fact. Political correctness gone insane.

Not to mention xenophobic.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
Political correctness gone truly insane, that's the EU migrant crisis in a nutshell. EU citizens are being asked to accept a clearly false reality. They're being asked to blindly accept the fantasy that all these Muslims will seamlessly integrate and coexist peacefully. In literally every EU country that has a large amount of Muslims, there are some major issues relating to that dynamic. But, you're a racist if you notice that obvious, glaring fact. Political correctness gone insane.

Again: fear, uncertainty and doubt. Nobody ever asked me to accept any fantasies. Nobody ever told me that these Muslims would seamlessly integrate. Actually, it's mostly just the other way around: folks that never saw a refugee in their lives all seem to know beforehand how this will end - and it invariably is "not good".

Well, I beg to differ. The inflow of 20 million new workers on a continent that rapidly is falling victim to depopulation is a blessing. Also, we already have 20 million muslims in Europe and to be frank I haven't had any negative personal experiences with muslims yet. Actually, I HAVE experienced problems with Christians. Which makes perfect sense to me - it's not because Christians are difficult people - it is because most of the people here are (more or less) Christians

Likewise, if instead of 20 million Muslims we suddenly have 40 million (though most certainly not all refugees are Muslim!) then yes, you will find that you will have more problems with Muslims. Hey, I can't change simple statistics to suit your needs. More Muslims == more chances of having a conflict with a Muslim involved. Duh.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Don`t know if this has been already mentioned or not....but word is that now that the dream destination of all immigrants is Germany, Angela & Co will only take the most educated people with experience that are likely to integrate fast into the country while others who they deem unnecessary will be shipped out to other european countries with the directive to take them in.

What does this say about our European authority? I will refrain from commenting on it right now and just wait to see what happens...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

And more FUD.. Angela Merkel is just the German president, she's in no way in any position to dictate anything. The EU is run by all EU nations, not by just one.

Not that I'm impressed by the strength and flexibility of the EU. There is much, much to be improved. But then again, most federations frequently disagree amongst themselves. Go talk to a Texan..

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Rather than terrorism and ideas about lack of integration, which are all valid concerns to have, I think alot of people I know and come into contact with are worried about logistically what will happen. There isn't the housing to manage the current growth in population, never mind an unexpected influx. There are tens of thousands of people currently living in substandard housing and many without a home at all. Short falls in health care. Zero hour wage contracts and council facilities falling terribly short of what they should be. The chronically ill and disabled have been let down by the welfare system which itself pleads poverty and abandons support behind private corporations absolved of responsibility. Weirdly enough there are people who haven't eaten in 3 or 4 days in this western dream we call Europe, people serviving on food banks and eating garbage. There are soldiers back from war zones, missing limbs and suffering from post traumatic stress would have been swept to one side after fighting to keep civilians safe abroad and keep the peace. We hound the 'scroungers' of society by stigmatising them with documentaries on Benefits - where everyone gets thousands of pounds a month and unlimited supplies of beer and cigarettes which simply isn't a true representation of the 99% of those on benefits.

We have been told, this is a time of great austerity. There will be cuts and hard choices to be made. The government's responsibility is to the people of the nation that elected it and that means saying no sometimes to external demands, no matter how hard faced it might seem. Things are going to get worse here before they get better. Maybe refugees will open some businesses, contributing to the economy and all will be well, but the same can be said of the down and damaged people of this nation. Offered the same support they might be able to open new businesses, build houses, pay taxes and raise standards. Maybe then we will be fit to offer assistance to the others in the world suffering.

At the moment, we aren't fit.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

And more FUD.. Angela Merkel is just the German president, she's in no way in any position to dictate anything. The EU is run by all EU nations, not by just one.

Well in theory this is how should be run but in practice...well I see you are from the Netherlands so you probably get the idea how it is run
At least Netherlands, Belgium, France, UK, Sweden, Denmark and Finland have some words in it...the rest are just left there to listen and obey...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
15,600 families in England were made homeless since 2010. That's over 56,000 people (having just looked at the figures). More needs to be done before we can think about housing anyone else. As for what we've done to help, thats been the whole point hasn't it? Why we've sent our soldiers abroad?
edit on 25-9-2015 by ObsidianEclipse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ObsidianEclipse

Rather than terrorism and ideas about lack of integration, which are all valid concerns to have, I think alot of people I know and come into contact with are worried about logistically what will happen. There isn't the housing to manage the current growth in population, never mind an unexpected influx. There are tens of thousands of people currently living in substandard housing and many without a home at all. Short falls in health care. Zero hour wage contracts and council facilities falling terribly short of what they should be. The chronically ill and disabled have been let down by the welfare system which itself pleads poverty and abandons support behind private corporations absolved of responsibility.

www.youtube.com...

This video was made by my friend, my sister, my neighbor, my teacher. There are many that think my concern for lack of funding is due to a hidden, xenophobic, fear of immigrants. I wish them no harm but I cannot turn my back on those in such desperate need right here in this country.

I have fought for years for funding and services for our citizens with needs. I hear constantly, "There is no funding." "There just isn't enough money to go around."

If there is no funding, no money, no medical care, no food, no housing, for the poor and needy that exist in our country today, how can we possibly take in millions of more people?

People are right to be concerned about how this is going to logistically play out.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This is not just theory - this is actually how things are done. All member nations have the same rights. It's not like there is a secret pow-wow each month where the "old" EU members gather to decide for the others.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You and the rest of the everything will be fine, hope for the best crowd have done enough damage, your time is coming to an end.

You see, you're not going to stop it, the majority of people have had enough. Don't mistake fear for using commonsense by the way.

With your way of thinking, the West may as well just invite millions and millions of starving Africans in as well?

There is no end to your kinds madness. You won't be satisfied until Western culture no longer exists. You are very, very irrational. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

This is not just theory - this is actually how things are done. All member nations have the same rights. It's not like there is a secret pow-wow each month where the "old" EU members gather to decide for the others.
Nope, different countries have different rights through agreed opt-outs.
The UK for example is not signed up to the Schengen borderless free movement of people agreement, and is also not required to be involved in the current 'sharing out of refugees scheme' among EU nations.

Yep, I am glad that the UK has more rights in the EU than other nations. We can watch you make mistakes and avoid them ourselves if the UK government agrees the actions were stupid moves.
Encouraging people to pay people smugglers to get into the EU was a stupid move.
Your problem though lol, the UK doesn't have to do jack.
That pleases me.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObsidianEclipse
15,600 families in England were made homeless since 2010. That's over 56,000 people (having just looked at the figures). More needs to be done before we can think about housing anyone else. As for what we've done to help, thats been the whole point hasn't it? Why we've sent our soldiers abroad?

Well, to be frank: I don't know. I am not responsible for that either. But the British Government decided that it was the proper thing to do, Britain is a democracy, so I guess the Brits are mostly in favour of it. Fighting terrorism and all that. Right.

The problem in the UK - from my point of view - is that it fully embraced Thatcherianism and neo-liberalism. As a result the Brits now have a new class of working poor, a new class of permanent poor and a class of filthy rich people. Education is expensive, the cost of living is high and yes, there are way too many homeless and unemployed people. You are right when you say that in such circumstances it is hard for a country to accept refugees.

If only the Brits would be frank about it: if they only would say "we can't even feed and house our own". But they don't. Instead they keep on telling the world how well they do. As a result refugees think that the UK is the promised land. Maybe the Brits should be a bit more humble. Or put their money where their mouth is and take in their fair share of new Europeans.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And you seem to be very, very scared. You should not be: if "Western culture" really is as good, as strong as you think it is - and I think it is - it will survive with ease. It will probably change, but that's just allright. Our core values have always survived: human dignity, equality and solidarity. And, if we don't piss our pants, but just keep doing wha we always did, they will in the future. Never underestimate the strength and flexibility of our culture!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join