It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Muslim Countries donations for the tsunami?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
proved with out a doubt muslims are not charitable unless your muslim

we will help if you and all other genorations convert, wheres the peace and tolorence in that

i find it sick that when the like of the USA and the UK get bashed byt stupid ignorant ppl saying where stingy when we are not

we pay bills and tax's like any 1 else most ppl in the Uk earn bout average 400 to 600 a week and with everything on the out we pay where lucky to have 340 to 490 ish after tax that gets put into health and education , add that western countries have higher price compaired to poorer 1s most are luck to have 30 pounds too 100 pounds a month to burn on what they like and where stingy

omfg get a grip

americas donation is like now when i last checked 180 million altogether 1 billion is pledged altogether and more to come from weastern countries

*Mod edit* for "bad"words

Lets keep it nice people

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Seems the world is just interested in (and complaining
about) making the middle class tax paying Americans shoulder
the burden of taking care of the poor around the world.

Yeah... Like USA helps in world aid... most of the money the usa gives out to "help" over countries are given out to US based countries so the money comes right back...

It really pisses me off to see all these posts by americans who truelly think that they are better then "them" (the muslim countries) The only reason you country is half as powerfull as it is is slavelabour (yes it happens today still) and plundering other nations (muslims mainly) treasures

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just a line to say play nice

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
It really pisses me off to see all these posts by americans who truelly think that they are better then "them" (the muslim countries) The only reason you country is half as powerfull as it is is slavelabour (yes it happens today still) and plundering other nations (muslims mainly) treasures

Since you mentioned slavery, slavery is in complete harmony with Islam. And your comments about blacks in this other thread

If you ask me it isnt the muslims which create the problems in the UK (or the asians for that matter) its the blacks who go round mugging old ladies and peddling drugs to kids.

makes me doubt the sincerity of your concern for slavery in America's past.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
most islamic countrys are very much hyprocrits. They really dont care what happens even when it is one of their main tentents of faith yet they normally dont give anything but they take very good.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yeah... Like USA helps in world aid... most of the money the usa gives out to "help" over countries are given out to US based countries so the money comes right back...

whoa youre way off, ignorant comment there.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
To: tsuribito

Not all "muslim countries" are rich, in those that are,only very few people hold almost all of the money.

And you think that the USA is not the same way???? It's that way all over the world...the rich control the poor! Granted, we make more than most countries, per capita, but the majority of the USA are in the same boat as the rest of the countries of this here earth!

The thing is, we still give up our hard-earned money when ppl need it, regardless of nationality! And we will, always, because we believe that everybody deserves a fair chance. Don't get me wrong, this is a message from us working class folk, NOT the US government!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeirToBokassa
I'd really like to believe that that money won't be going to Jemaah Islamiyah, but...

And to any know-it-all bleeding-hearts with their heads still in the sand of the Arabian desert, who might have doubted my previous statement, I bring this to your attention.

Radical Islamic groups best known for smashing bars and violent support of the jailed cleric Abu Bakar Bashir have sent large contingents of their members to Aceh with funding provided by the Indonesian Government.

At Banda Aceh's airport, trucks with supplies to be ferried to disaster-struck areas by US Navy helicopters have been unloaded by members of Bashir's group, the MMI, including one man proudly wearing an Osama bin Laden T-shirt.

Members of the FPI (Islamic Defenders Front), famous for its attacks on nightspots in Jakarta, are now living in Banda Aceh in tents provided by the army and the Ministry of Social Affairs.

The head of the FPI contingent, Hilmy Bakar Almascaty, said about 250 members had come to Aceh with tickets provided by the Government; 800 more on board an Indonesian warship would help clean up the devastated province.

"FPI is not only an organisation that destroys bars and discos, it has a humanitarian side as well that the media is not happy to expose," Dr Almascaty said.

Probably stealing aid intended for the victims and distributing it in the name of Allah to the "believers." Sounds like it's time to drop off some exploding aid packages. Almascaty seems to want to turn the whole world into Allah's smelly armpit.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARCHER
most islamic countrys are very much hyprocrits. They really dont care what happens even when it is one of their main tentents of faith yet they normally dont give anything but they take very good.

Can you answer these please for clarification:

1. How can a country be a hypocrite?

2. What evidence have you to present that Islamic states take, but do not give? It's an interesting line of discussion, you ought to be able to support that with some evidence.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Muslim countries have enough trouble of their own and i think, as was stated, in most of those countries the main wealth is held by an elite few. Muslims in the UK have been taking donations for the tragedy and are a generous people. Personally i don�t think you have ever met a Muslim on a friendly basis, as i think you would know this. Its a tragedy that media has turned peoples opinion on Muslims to this kind of extent.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
One thing to bear in mind of course is that the people of most Muslim nations have nothing nearing the standard of living or wages of people in the western world. Sure, there are countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait that have huge amounts of money from oil but it is in the hands of the ruling elite, not the ordinary people.

And so the point is those in the ruling elite could/should be donating to their fellow muslims in need.

Nothing seems to be holding them back when it comes to funding terrorists.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Can you answer these please for clarification:

Answer: I guess the same way you are always accusing the U.S.

But wait, the rules are different for that I'm sure in your opinion:

Anything U.S. "bad". Anything against the U.S. "good".

Seems to be a very narrow-minded view ...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Answer: I guess the same way you are always accusing the U.S.

But wait, the rules are different for that I'm sure in your opinion:

Anything U.S. "bad". Anything against the U.S. "good".

Seems to be a very narrow-minded view ...

That was abject nonsense, adding nothing.

Anti-corruption, anti-crime, anti-Bush is not anti-US.

Being anti- is not being hypocritical.

A country is not capable of hypocrisy, only its leaders can be, unless you ascribe reasoning skills to a country.

Again, ARCHER, how can a country be a hypocrite?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What I've read on that issue in the paper was that the muslims decided not to donate because they felt that in their religious standpoint, that they are being punished and their motto is: 'why should we donate to countries who are being punished by our high power and who do not follow our religion as muslim?' And what they may not have known was that 10% of those who perished in the tsunami disaster were muslim! This just shows how bad they do their research! However, the islamic countires did donate oil and other goods and services. They did donate something, but not enough is what people are arguing about.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I am really beginning to hate this who gave more money crap.

Thats because you didn't give enough money, and therefore are evil. You're not even as nice as sandra bullock or dicaprio. Tisk I say Tisk!

remember being charitable is a basic tenet in Islam and many other religions.

This is why I find it odd that so much less is comming out of the gulf states. Of course, the US donation is somethign like 0.003 percent of the GDP, whereas Australia's is .01 or something. I'd have to think that Qatar and Saudi Arabia could, hell they could just donate a dollar for every barrel of oil. Seems rather unmuslim of them not to.

btw. I never knew a country that practices religion or even had one religion, I always thought religion was just a practice for people

That sounds lahk feren talk t' meah. Jesabout everbody know dat duh You nighted States is an Christianical Countrah!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
I suggest you review your history and geography texts, girlfriend. [...]Shari'a is the law of the land in many cases; what on Earth do you think an "Islamic Republic is?

I think she meant that even these muslim countries have other religions in them, shia is illegal in Saudi Arabia along with any other religion, but there are shia there, its not a 'sunni' country, in a sense, and of course lebanon has lots of christians, and iraq has a native jewish population and iran of course has the fire-worshippers. So the governments, espeically in the Islamic Republics cases, are 'muslim' obviously, but the 'country' is more diverse than that.

Go easy on the girl, I mean, just look at her avatar, ya can't get to worked up with that on yer screen!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeirToBokassa
Since you mentioned slavery, slavery is in complete harmony with Islam.

Interesting, the slave drivers in the US said the same thing about Christianity. And wasn't it Paul the Apostle who not only said slavery was AOK, but actually convinced a runaway to return to his master? Or was that some other great christian leader?

its the blacks who go round mugging old ladies and peddling drugs to kids.

makes me doubt the sincerity of your concern for slavery in America's past.

Oh man, this is going to be great, a anti-black racist arguing with an anti-muslim bigot! [/pulls up chair] Where's my popcorn!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ok, i'm gunna say it..why should the u.s donate??..we are damed if we do aand damned if we don't...we donate the largest amount but it is not enough because of the 'per capita' thing...what ever!!!! muslim countries wont help any body else unless it is to help with the demise of America....
and where is this money coming from?? a secret stash under the mattress?? what is iraq costing the u.s. a month..wasn't it something like 1 billion?? what about afganistan and the balkans....hmmmm...will the u.s ever go broke??? prob not..the AMERICAN govt will just 'buy' more money from the privatly owned Federal Reserve Bank. just one more step closer to a world controlled by a centralized system.....................

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
will the u.s ever go broke??? prob not..the AMERICAN govt will just 'buy' more money from the privatly owned Federal Reserve Bank. just one more step closer to a world controlled by a centralized system.....................

See Debunking myths about the Federal Reserve.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In watching a CNN special this evening on Phuket, it appears that the US is up in arms with Al Qaeda having set up camp, donating food and all manner of relief, along with their propaganda, as I am sure the US and various Christian facctions do about their themselves.

It seems then, that, at least one muslem organization is contributing. The rest, well, it stands to reason they will assist their fellowman, and probably has not been mentioned in western media. After all, why would anti-Islamists want to mention Islamist goodwill?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join