It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking from the heart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hey!

I didn't know where to post this so I decided to do it here. If it's a mistake, oops, I didn't see a forum for it.

Have you or do you know anyone that has been forced to speak a certain way since they were able to begin speaking? To better clarify do you feel like one could better speak naturally if they just let there voice flow with how they think words sound or should I say accent? I just feel like I have this issue and when I talk a certain way I feel comfortable I find speaking out loud more easily. You can say I have an accent but I enjoy speaking like this. I am from America and just don't want to be looked down upon because I talk differently from everyone else and especially since I'm not from the area that I have the accent in.

Thanks,

EF

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I can do a solid mix of southern red-neck mixed with Irish and Cherokee if I'm not self conscious about my accent.
Fire water helps bring out my natural accent.
Most of the time I try to keep a flat "American" accent.
It is sometimes forced.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Thanks for the giggle and the humor.

I've been noticing you creeping my posts. You are enjoyable but I never know what to say to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

Thanks for the giggle and the humor.

I've been noticing you creeping my posts. You are enjoyable but I never know what to say to you.

Not trying to be a creeper.
I just browse around when I'm bored and chirp in here and there.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I know you aren't.

I appreciate your responses. It's nice to know someone actually stays up and reads things like this at such a "late" hour.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces
I'm Australian, so most of the people around me share a similar accent, which I try and display as much as I can, but I have to put it on constantly. At times, I accidently break accent, reverting to a mixture of British/American, I think it suites me and it is so much easier.
Others ridicule me as acting, which is the reason for my eternal charade. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces
Hey!

I didn't know where to post this so I decided to do it here. If it's a mistake, oops, I didn't see a forum for it.

Have you or do you know anyone that has been forced to speak a certain way since they were able to begin speaking? To better clarify do you feel like one could better speak naturally if they just let there voice flow with how they think words sound or should I say accent? I just feel like I have this issue and when I talk a certain way I feel comfortable I find speaking out loud more easily. You can say I have an accent but I enjoy speaking like this. I am from America and just don't want to be looked down upon because I talk differently from everyone else and especially since I'm not from the area that I have the accent in.

Thanks,

EF

Talk whatever way makes you happy. Life's too short to worry about how others view your accent.

And if it helps, there's no such thing as a spoken language without an accent. Accents are literally a part of all spoken languages.

top topics

join