It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Animal Behavior in Western Washington

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jana12

I am beginning to wonder if the urban wildlife has been damaged in some way either physiologically or neurologically by some unknown agent that has been introduced into the environment. This could be an intentional or accidental type of 'contamination', or possibly even a 'natural' biological pathogen that alters brain chemistry and affects the organism's behavior. I just throw this out there because I have also noticed that a lot of the local urban wildlife not only has been acting strangely, but many also have very sickly appearances. I know that crows, rats, squirrels, raccoon, opossum, etc., all have very difficult lives and they struggle perpetually to maintain enough energy to make to the next day, but I sense that something more sinister has been interfering...
edit on 9272015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Bizarre. If not mentioned already, there is a new series on Netflix called "Zoo." The animal kingdom undergoes a change from strange chemicals, and they start attacking humans. Pretty good series, and directly relevant to this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Bizarre. If not mentioned already, there is a new series on Netflix called "Zoo." The animal kingdom undergoes a change from strange chemicals, and they start attacking humans. Pretty good series, and directly relevant to this thread.

I just hope if that does happen that all the criiters remember and spreads the word about the two old crazy ladies that fed them, provided them with cool clean water on unbearably hot days, mends them, nurse their abandoned young, and sits with them for hours laughing at their shenanigans.

I have tried to be a good steward. I hope they remember.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ohhh....gotta go check this out!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

I'm wondering if the strange behavior is a combination of low level tectonic activity and the drought?

I know I remember reading somewhere that there was an influx of rattlesnakes into urban areas because of the drought. They were seeking both water and prey (which were seeking water and food). More rattlesnakes than usual could be called unusual behavior.

But with the entire Western seaboard experiencing extreme drought conditions, watering areas the wildlife are used to are drying up. Food sources are also drying up. The entire ecosystem is in flux while populations shift the resettle into new normals.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: westcoast I'm wondering if the strange behavior is a combination of low level tectonic activity and the drought?

I know I remember reading somewhere that there was an influx of rattlesnakes into urban areas because of the drought. They were seeking both water and prey (which were seeking water and food). More rattlesnakes than usual could be called unusual behavior.

But with the entire Western seaboard experiencing extreme drought conditions, watering areas the wildlife are used to are drying up. Food sources are also drying up. The entire ecosystem is in flux while populations shift the resettle into new normals.

I would think any condition that puts the basic ingredients for survival at a premium, would shift the balance for all Earthlings.

A true test of intelligence over might.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

That's a very interesting theory and given the small size of these animals it really wouldn't take much to cause physiological or neurological damage.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

I live in downtown Seattle...close to the bay...and where I live we have a beautiful courtyard...where sparrows, humming birds and robins hang out; also seagulls every morning fly around early and make their bird sounds and for 3 days now I have heard nothing from any of the birds...nor seen any hanging around like they usually do.

I am worried...although this unusual behavior may not be earthquake related...still it is a possibility.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This is very possible. There have been studies about an unbalanced gut's microbiome affecting human personality as well as health. I'm sure an unhealthy bacteria balance would have a similar effect in other creatures.

Recently I came across articles about chemicals in the environment destroying gut bacteria. This would need its own thread due to the amount of information.

I mention this because the strange animal behavior might not be a sign of planetary forces, but a sign of a sick and dying ecosystem.

edit on 28-9-2015 by collietta because: It's hard to be coherent when your kid brought home sickness germs

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So early in this thread I said I haven't noticed any weird animal behaviour while I'm on my runs in Vancouver, but this morning I just saw a grey whale while I was on my run. It was very close to kits beach. Apparently it has been wandering around for the past few days, but this is the first time I've seen it. Some people were told it is about 40-50 feet long.

I have a little video. I'll try and post it this weekend.
edit on 2-10-2015 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thanks a lot, TA. I am now six episodes, and 12$ into this show.
(I'm loving it!)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: phoenixlights321
So early in this thread I said I haven't noticed any weird animal behaviour while I'm on my runs in Vancouver, but this morning I just saw a grey whale while I was on my run. It was very close to kits beach. Apparently it has been wandering around for the past few days, but this is the first time I've seen it. Some people were told it is about 40-50 feet long.

Excellent, I would love to see the video!

I'm still most definitely on the lookout for continuing, odd behavior. It may very well be connected to all of the weird weather and el nino, but you never know!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast

originally posted by: phoenixlights321

Excellent, I would love to see the video!

I'm still most definitely on the lookout for continuing, odd behavior. It may very well be connected to all of the weird weather and el nino, but you never know!

Just uploaded it. I cut out the first few minutes because it was taking too long to uPload and not much was happening. Unfortunately it looks like my phone wasn't focusing as well as I had hoped but near the end of the video you can see it come out of the water a decent amount.
Grey whale at kits beach, Vancouver, BC.
youtu.be...

Not sure how to embed YouTube clips on my phone for ats.

edit on 3-10-2015 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2015 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: phoenixlights321

Thank you! Wow....he was really close. Amazing to see!

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yeah I'm not at all surprised by this. Just recently we had the lake draining. Add to this the booms and hums,steaming volcanoes,fish washing up dead and of coarse the Chile quake that *moved the entire continent* as was registered in the tsunami buoys.

I have given this warning before and I have to say it again. Get yourself well off the West Coast (coast) away from all volcanoes etc. Also be well away from the New Madrid area.

We will have a lynch pin event around the Cascadia falls imminently. The pressure is converging there, as it has headed around the Pacific plate-down through Alaska and up through South America.

This event will be the end of America I am sad to say. We will all experience events like this globally at some point as we creep closer to the pole shift and earth changes intensify, but this event in the U.S. Will be the game changer that starts global events in earnest!

Follow Terrals work he is exceptionally accurate.

m.youtube.com...

Also follow My work and images on Planet X,My case is weighty and watertight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
so.. what of the whales? i havent heard anymore about them.
did they leave?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Good question! I haven't heard anything more about it.

I also haven't seen any other articles about local animals, but I WILL say that we have had a huge increase in lost animals lately.....especially cats. That may be due to coyotes, or something, but still worth mentioning.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join