It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Animal Behavior in Western Washington

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Birds are very sensitive to magnetic changes.. I recall a satellite that measured massive magnetic build-up's right before the quake in China, and the 9.0 in Japan.

I don't think that satellite was meant to be full time, just a year or so..
They were on to something...
Also an increase in voltages.. pressure from the rock, which is probably what causes the Earthquake Lights.

Hope its nothing though.. we don't need a major disaster.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Is there still any HAARP (or related technology) still operating around/north of there?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I wanted to comment on your post. My husband and I have been discussing the tick, flee and mosquito's for over a couple of months.

The insect population started out extremely bad this year, worse than ever, I tried a few different tick/flea meds from the vets and was still picking off over 30 ticks per dog before I could let them in the house.

Around July they all seem to disappear. I stopped buying the products after June since it was not doing any good and they have not had a tick or flee on them since mid July.

We found this very strange and unusual since we live in the southern part of IL next to the Shawnee Forest and Ky is just across the river from us. This area is know for an abundance of ticks and other insects.
edit on 22-9-2015 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I flew for the first time this 4th of July to visit my sister and brother-in-law up in Washington/Oregon. They don't live there as they are from Missouri too, but up in that area due to railroad work. So we all thought it was just that void of insect life up there! I could walk outside right now and almost inhale five or six moths or beetles plus the constant worry of wasps, ticks, fleas, and other assorted insects plague us each summer. Going from this to Oregon/Washington where there was absolutely none was striking. Seeing now that the case has been very different in the past makes me worry about that area.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is scary I don't want to think about this..... I'd rather think about how the OP's article states the temperature dropped 10* in about 35 mins and might have shocked the birds. I thought pets react moments before an earthquake too, not the night before. Also a google search and you will find various species of whales accidentally travel upriver on very rare occasions.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This thread was just posted earlier today about the possibility of the largest El Nino to ever hit the NW. I'd have to think that what you are talking may be related?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Hey WC!

Thats crazy weird.

I believe in weather modification.... not sure if that is whats at play.

Whale in a River? WTH????? Never heard of such a thing... gonna ask google.

I also believe all the accounts of animal behavior before seismic events should be noted here as well, which I know you are well aware.

As a side note.... I'm in Tennessee and I tell ya within a week I have had 2 birds run into my window. According to my Grandmother the superstition is when a bird does that someone close dies. Before the two incidents this week its been years since a bird flew into my window and yes a family member passed.

You have a right to believe in weather modification/warfare...

Source:

The Environmental Modification Convention (ENMOD), formally the Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques is an international treaty prohibiting the military or other hostile use of environmental modification techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effects. It opened for signature on 18 May 1977 in Geneva and entered into force on 5 October 1978.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Thank you for the information (one of the main reasons I come to ATS is stories you don't find on MSM).

I hope it is all just the weather and not a seismic event!

God Bless.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
good luck, glad I'm on the other side of world.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thanks for your post. I live in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area and I noticed yesterday that the birds were a bit oddly loud. I go outside on break about the same time 5 days a week and haven't noticed that before(not saying it hasn't happened before).

The whole whale thing is strange though. I wonder if that has anything to do with our unusually warm/hot summer. I know that the Chinook salmon was supposed to be lower than normal this year due to the warmer waters.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow! (I bought a lottery ticket for tomorrow too hehe)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm in Alberta. No mosquitos, flies, don't think I saw a honeybee this year. And yet our city council rejects urban beekeeping. What a shame.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hi westcoast. Nothing like personal observation. Coming from you thats noteworthy. How are all the volcanos doing up there? Any rumblings?

Animals are attuned to vibrations, maybe instruments are also picking up on?

Hi there!

There was a 4.2 quake up off Vancouver island yesterday Link

And looking at the Tremor Map for the past two days, there isn't anything up our way.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Has there been any odd behavior in dogs observed?
They can be good warning systems.

My two dogs have been a little jumpy, and one of them whinier than usual, but that's about it. My cat wants in a lot more, but it was colder last night.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
Uh oh WC, when you speak up, my eyes open a little wider. Will be watching closely to see how this pans out. Are you still watchin GEE now a days? Any upticks there at all?

Btw, I miss your personal pics.

Hi! And thanks...I miss talking with you guys, too.

I got a new laptop last year, and although I have tried multiple times, I can't get GEE to download and open on it. VERY frustrating!!!

I've had that feeling lately though.

Here is a picture just for you! I finally caught the Northern lights! I took this at Baker Lake this summer.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast

originally posted by: skunkape23
Has there been any odd behavior in dogs observed?
They can be good warning systems.

My two dogs have been a little jumpy, and one of them whinier than usual, but that's about it. My cat wants in a lot more, but it was colder last night.

Now that you mention it. I am in South Florida and my dogs have been a lot more restless the last 2 days, but my crazy cat that thinks he is a dog - long story - last evening and this evening has come over to the couch and pawed me continuously until I picked him up. He then laid on my stomach and stared me in the face, his nose almost touching mine, for almost an hour. Yesterday was the first time he ever did this, today he did it again. He has never been a needy cat, and it was impossible to get him to sit and stay in your lap. So my mother was moved to ask when he did it again to today, "What in the world has gotten into him?"

Didn't think about it again until your post about you cat acting strangely. Who knows? Maybe they are trying to tell us something.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Beautiful picture over the lake. I used to live in Minnesota and I miss the beautiful lights we used to get in the night skies.

By the way, I have the same picture you have in your avatar. I was lucky enough to catch one here in South Florida. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the end of a rainbow that sat down in my backyard. It was surprising, amazing and riveting at the same time. Neither my mother or myself even thought of getting a camera, we were so taken in by it. Well if it ever happens again, maybe we will think to take a picture.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thank you!

Funny you mention the rainbow and your backyard. I took my avatar picture in my own backyard!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
We are used to seeing dead seagulls during and after windstorms here (middle Oregon coast) but today I saw three seagulls and a couple crows on the 20 mile stretch of hwy 101 I travel daily. I felt that was add, considering the weather has been beautiful.

I didn't notice unusual activity on Sunday, but I did notice Monday and Tuesday the only birds at my feeders were three pine siskins and one humming bird. Big change from our usual amount, our feeders have always seemed to be popular.
Husband says they migrated, but the stellars jays too? They usually stick around all year here.

Just my observations.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cricketine

Same here. Our feeders are very popular. We have birds, squirrels and rabbits that hang around our feeders. Our feeders have been looking like ghost towns lately.

We have been having the daily evening storms, but that isn't odd for Florida, so something else is putting them off.

Again, maybe they are trying to tell us something.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
My cat got a serious case of "Midnight Madness" this evening, racing around the house, hissing for no reason at nothing in particular, meowing as if in distress but perfectly fine.

Hasn't acted like this for years, he's about 15 years old now, and in fine health according to his veterinarian, 2 weeks ago.

Now he's stretched out on floor at my feet as though he hasn't a care in the world.

I'm just east of Sacramento, CA, and I'll be sleeping lightly tonight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join