It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Proposes $250 Monthly Cap on Prescription Drug Costs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why do you want to get rid of generic drugs? Generics are a good thing as they give the consumer cheaper options. I always ask for generics when I go to the doctor. More pharma companies producing generics means increased competition and better price points. Outlawing generics means monopolies which led to the robber baron price increases that the OP is raging against.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Just consolidating the many medical programs -- from Medicare to the VA -- would save a fortune in management costs, which could be folded right back into the healthcare programs.

You don't know much about government or public sector unions, do you?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Why do you want to get rid of generic drugs? Generics are a good thing as they give the consumer cheaper options. I always ask for generics when I go to the doctor. More pharma companies producing generics means increased competition and better price points. Outlawing generics means monopolies which led to the robber baron price increases that the OP is raging against.

I'm not sure who meant to address this to; perhaps I missed it, but I haven't seen any comments saying we should get rid of generics.

It's the pharmaceutical companies that don't want generics and our congress critters who make it possible for them to keep them off the market.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nevermind I misread the OP.
edit on 9/24/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Boadicea

Just consolidating the many medical programs -- from Medicare to the VA -- would save a fortune in management costs, which could be folded right back into the healthcare programs.

You don't know much about government or public sector unions, do you?

"Much" is a relative term... are you suggesting that in order to make real reforms that we will have to address the government and union issues that give Big Pharma a lock on medicines? Or are you suggesting that we just give up now and take their abuse like sheeple?

Perhaps you could expand on your thoughts so we all can reach your level of understanding...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Nevermind I misread the OP.

No worries! It happens!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Actually I was referring to consolidating the VA and Medicaid. The unions would fight this tooth and nail. My Mother was on Medicaid. When she went into the hospital, we would get statements from both Medicaid and our State Welfare department. These statements were identical, word for word.

When you go down I-270 into Washington DC you can see huge groups of buildings belonging to the Social Security Administration and when you go to Harrisburg you see large groups of buildings belonging to the Department of Public Welfare. The people in these buildings do the exact same work, but, try to get rid one set of them.

I knew Scott Walker was toast when he said that he would get rid of Public Sector Unions as a campaign promise. In my opinion the main cause for high costs in health care is the processing of insurance paperwork. If you think that going to "single payer" is going to cut down on this, you are sorely mistaken. If anything the bloat would increase exponentially with single payer.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Boadicea

Actually I was referring to consolidating the VA and Medicaid. The unions would fight this tooth and nail. My Mother was on Medicaid. When she went into the hospital, we would get statements from both Medicaid and our State Welfare department. These statements were identical, word for word.

So you know personally about the bloat! I think we all can see it from one angle or another -- hence why everyone is fed up with the status quo.

I knew Scott Walker was toast when he said that he would get rid of Public Sector Unions as a campaign promise. In my opinion the main cause for high costs in health care is the processing of insurance paperwork. If you think that going to "single payer" is going to cut down on this, you are sorely mistaken. If anything the bloat would increase exponentially with single payer.

You're making excellent points... all of which are part of the problem and need to be part of the solution. The system is imploding under its own weight. Changes are coming, one way or another, sooner or later. That's why it's up to us to know the many issues involved and find solutions that work... that put OUR best interests first and foremost. We cannot trust the same critters who broke the system to fix the system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join