It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Story: Selfies Killed More People Than Sharks This Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes it's true!

According to a new study, there have now been more deaths this year from selfies than there have been from shark attacks. Ahem, we repeat, sharks! The death toll for selfie-related deaths now totals 12 people, whereas deaths related to shark attacks totals 8 people.

Source

I can't take credit for what I am about to say next, but I do recall in the past day or two another member of ATS making a comment about eugenics and population control!

"Just take the warning labels off of everything, and things will balance themselves out".....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I know they kill me every time I have to look at one...

Darwin??

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Sometimes I wish that selfies would make a person sterile. I know that is wrong of me, but I refuse to apologize.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I feel guilty because this story is making me laugh?

Maybe it's because I am old and ornery? Trying to figure it out right now, but........when I read it, I remembered reading that quote from another member and I am just cackling like Hillary at the moment......

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sometimes I wish that selfies would make a person sterile. I know that is wrong of me, but I refuse to apologize.

How am I supposed to take a picture of myself when nobody is around though?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Wow, selfies made the darwin list.

I still can't believe the guy who tried to get gas out of his car with a vacuum cleaner. Parts of him are still being found around a 2-block radius.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Stop being so self-absorbed?? Maybe ask yourself, do you really need that self photo?? Who really cares?? You?? Once again, maybe stop being so self-absorbed??

When I was younger and cameras used film, I don't believe I ever saw many selfies. Most of the time it was somebody holding the camera, taking a photo of the rest of the family/friends. Or someone helping out and allowing the photographer to be in the photo. Nowadays, most photos are selfies, because people are so full of themselves.

Ignore if you were being facetious, I just recently logged off of facebook, so the horrors are still fresh in my mind. ;_;

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Stop being so self-absorbed?? Maybe ask yourself, do you really need that self photo?? Who really cares?? You?? Once again, maybe stop being so self-absorbed??

Well, I've been documenting my weight loss journey using selfies....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

When I was younger and cameras used film, I don't believe I ever saw many selfies. Most of the time it was somebody holding the camera, taking a photo of the rest of the family/friends. Or someone helping out and allowing the photographer to be in the photo. Nowadays, most photos are selfies, because people are so full of themselves.

Ignore if you were being facetious, I just recently logged off of facebook, so the horrors are still fresh in my mind. ;_;

Can't speak for the poster you replied too? But yea, I think they were being sarcastic!

Now as for your post? I was too damn poor/cheap to afford buying film, let alone process it!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am laughing as I think, "Look at me! I'm about to die!"

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Your avatar sums up this self-absorbed, narcissistic "I wanna be like a Kardashian" situation, and it is indeed a "snapshot" of our future.

You can graph our collective decline - commencing at the advent of Facebook and skyrocketing from there.

Electrolytes - it's what plants crave.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
On a related note:

My husband and I have solved the world overpopulation crisis. Someone needs to photoshop a Kardashian doing a selfie in the ocean with a breaching great white. Make it look good enough and our problems should solve themselves in short order.

Caption it "Not to be outdone, Kardashian doubles down!"
edit on 22-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
#hateselfies. Stop the nonsense.

All of it.

You are not that important. And no one cares.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i love it
i get great pleasure when i read about someone shooting themselves in the throat while trying to take a selfie or when they get owned by a rattle snake while taking the pic.
i hope the numbers continue to climb.

will be a great day when the selfie stat is on par with car accident deaths or heart disease or something.

people taking selfie pics with rattle snakes are people we can all do without

top topics

join