It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Vatican aid the Nazis in WW2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
www.remnantofgod.org...
Hi people after reading this site it tells me that the Vatican have laundered stolen Jewish gold, aided the nazis and hidden Roman Catholic SS members from the allies in catholic churches in South America i would like to know your thoughts on this, Regards

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
While I haven't done any research into this area, it seems to me that this would fall into the "common Knowlege" area. I have heard this for more than 30 years, and remember reading alot about it. From what I recall (again no research) it seems that the Vatican itself has paid some form of reparations, or apologized or something. Long story short, I absolutely believe this to be true.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that the Vatican would be
hiding the Nazis while at the same time fighting them
and saving Americans and Jews in Europe.

Go watch the true movie - The Scarlet and the Black.
Very good. BTW - the Vatican saved the lives of hundreds
of American service members by sneaking them out of
Rome after they had been shot down. Also, the Vatican
saved the lives of thousands of jews, hiding them and
then whisking them out of the country for safety.

These facts are easily googled up. There are also
numerous books written on it, mostly available through
TAN books. (not sure if any more info than that would
be 'advertising' ... so I'll stop there and you can do the
last few steps yourself).

www.catholic.com...

excerpt - (small excerpt, but the entire read is interesting)

The Pope secretly worked to save as many Jewish lives as possible from the Nazis, whose extermination campaign began its most intense phase only after the War had started. It is here that the anti-Catholics try to make their hay: Pius XII is charged either with cowardly silence or with outright support of the Nazi extermination of millions of Jews.

Much of the impetus to smear the Vatican regarding World War II came, appropriately enough, from a work of fiction�a stage play called The Deputy, written after the War by a little-known German Protestant playwright named Rolf Hochhuth.

The play appeared in 1963, and it painted a portrait of a pope too timid to speak out publicly against the Nazis. Ironically, even Hochhuth admitted that Pius XII was materially very active in support of the Jews. Historian Robert Graham explains: "Playwright Rolf Hochhuth criticized the Pontiff for his (alleged) silence, but even he admitted that, on the level of action, Pius XII generously aided the Jews to the best of his ability. Today, after a quarter-century of the arbitrary and one-sided presentation offered the public, the word �silence� has taken on a much wider connotation. It stands also for �indifference,� �apathy,� �inaction,� and, implicitly, for anti-Semitism."[8]

Hochhuth�s fictional image of a silent (though active) pope has been transformed by the anti-Catholic rumor mill into the image of a silent and inactive pope�and by some even into an actively pro-Nazi monster.

[edit on 1/1/2005 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 1/1/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As stated above, the Vatican protected many jews and american service men, hiding them within their walls and tricking the enemy by putting them out in the open as workers of the church.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Vatican had its fingers in that pie big time. Hitler was a Catholic, as was Himmler. Hitler referred to Himmler as "our Ignatius of Loyola."

The Jews that the Vatican hid were actually Jews who had converted to Catholicism.

The Vatican helped bring about the Holocaust.

I recommend reading "The Secret History of the Jesuits" by Edmond Paris and "A Woman Rides the Beast" by Dave Hunt.

The Vatican never really apologized. The apology that was issued wasn't even sincere. It laid the blame on church members, but not the Vatican itself in a nutshell.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
sounds funny that everytime rome is getting blamed of doing something a propoganda video gets released, will there be a propoganda video getting released to say that all the victims of catholic abuse in boston and around the world were only looking for payouts?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yes, and didn't Avita help Nazi's also?

Could it be that Religion is corrupt? Oh no! My whole world is wrecked! Religion is corrupt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must relate this with a quote from a very intelligent person:
"Religion has and will always be a tool."-TheBigD

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The Vatican or Catholic clergy in power?
It is as good as confirmed that at the end of world war 2 elements within the Catholic church helped nazis escape to countries around the world in exchange for loot. Was the Pope and council of whoever involved? who knows they're dead now, we might never know. Would it be unprecedented? No the church also granted Al Capone absolution for a large "Donation". Even if they did It is time to lay world war 2 to rest though I don't believe that it is indicative of Catholics being Nazis, Not inclined to question an infusion of cash even for a trip out of Europe probably.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
history is always written by the winning side. who knows? and who can you really trust?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
After doing reading and research, I came to the conclusion that there is a little bit of truth in the involvement of the Church in these affairs -- but not anywhere NEAR the level that it's made out to be.

Many churches protected the Jews. One catholic saint (yes, he was elevated to sainthood) is a Catholic priest who ministered to the Jews in the concentration camps. He took the place of one Jew and went to the gas chambers to save the other man.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hey that link just sent me to to the ustasa. All we wanted was to be our own country. I cant believe it was filed by a serb after what they did. Ustasa is not fascist it is a hungarian word meaning uprising. This is pissing me off

I just read more of it. Dont believe it. It said in 91 we were doing the ethnic cleansing in medagorija which is such bull #. Dont trust a word on this page

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Croat56] I evan read more that said " Greater Croatia" This is the most ignorant website i ever went to. It was the Serbs that wanted a greater Serbia. I am so angry. There is so much crap on this page.

It is now obviouse to me that this is a serb website. Dont trust anythin on it.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Croat56]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Vatican it seems was instrumental in aiding wanted NAZI war criminals escape the allies after the War. They used the Vatican's Rat Run, also used by the Allies to get downed air crews and escaped prisoners of war to safety during the War.
The so called ODESSA organization that was supposedly run by Hitlers favorite SS Officer Otto Skorzeny is supposed to have used contacts in the German Catholic church to facilitate Red Cross passports so these criminals could escape to South America.
There was an interesting program on the Hitler Channel, er i mean the History Channel about the SS that went into this in some detail.

The SS and the Vatican

top topics

join