It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rock Demo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I've been writing and recording music since I was a child. I started layering with 2 tape recorders. I then built a studio in my room complete with a light up recording sign on the door.
img.photobucket.com...

I'm currently using Tracktion to record. I write and record almost everything from classical to brostep. Here are some of my favorite rock songs I've written. They're demo quality, but they're not impossible to listen to. They're message heavy, and fit here on ATS.
soundcloud.com...

I'd love to have a band, but egos and alcohol get in the way.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sounds pretty good for rock. Just listening to the first song. Did you do everything on it? Vocals and all the instruments? Good job.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Yea, just me. Story of my life. I wrote some bass on a real bass, but I used my keyboard to play the bass part. I needed more control over the sound. I also pounded on my keyboard for the drums.

Thank you for listening. I'm glad you like it.
edit on 22-9-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident
It was good, I'll be saving that link for later
. I actually want to learn bass, a bit late. It'd be great to jam and I don't drink and my ego, nah what ego
First have to learn though.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good so ng sounds really good. Well done.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Thank you! There's more than 1 song there, BTW.

Putting my music on ATS has made me a little emotional...in a good way.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Lots of potential!

Pros;
Good Bowie-esqe vox, there's definitely room for you in the current market. I also was reminded of Jarvis Cocker too.
Riffs and melodies are catchy
Lyrics are good

Cons;
Sound, as you know
Choice of guitar effects, 1 guitar effect/pedal didn't always complement the other.

That's my short critique as I only listened to the 1st half of 4 songs. Sorry that's all the time I had to spare.

All in all it was good! I'm obviously not sure what you look like or what your stage presence is like, but you sound like you could be a good front man.

Keep on rocking in the free world bro

edit on 22/9/15 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
1 guitar effect/pedal didn't always complement the other.

I'm glad you got some good out of it. I just used overdrive, mostly from my amp, and some stacking for effect. There's only one guitar part in each song. It's just doubled sometimes.

Here's a recent pic I'm using for an avatar at The Magic Cafe, a forum where magicians hang out.
postimg.org...

Oops, forgot. Stars for everyone!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's good stuff! A little Collective Soul, a little Foo Fighters and a couple unknown ingredients of your own.
I'm digging it. VERY hard to discipline ones self to finish a recording let alone release it.

Many people dont realize what goes into a full on professional recording. This is basically as
good as any band on the radio minus a professional producer and mixing/mastering engineer!

The content is a good enough candidate for release with a producer and an engineer (ones with pride in their work)! Just be careful of the word "producer". Seems people confuse it with someone who can paint loops on a screen.

Keep it up! I'm digging the fresh air!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Atlantican

Thank you. I've recently managed to get the attention of a couple of professional guitarists. They've taught me a lot....for free!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I really like this, a lot! You're doing fantastic for being on your own. I'm so glad to see that people are still out their pursuing their dreams even when the odds are stacked against you. I can see a place in time where your music is known to many people around the world. Just don't ever sell out, ok? Or lose yourself? And don't ever, ever change because someone tells you to!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chimney
Just don't ever sell out, ok? Or lose yourself? And don't ever, ever change because someone tells you to!

It's great advice. I made sure this was part of my creed at an early age.

Thank you for listening and liking!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I do really like this.
Keep on doing it, and please share more when you have it!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Thank you. I can't stop making music.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Forget to mention (HOW COULD I?!?!?!) Nice C64, Atari 1200XL (The prettiest of the Atari 8 bits), TI-99 4a.

The 1200 came out at an awkward time, hence your Atari 810 disk drive. Same goes for the Commodore Datasette in Vic 20 motif.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Atlantican

I programmed the Atari 1200 XL for music. My friends gave me the other computers because they didn't know what to do with them. I learned to program on the TRS-80 III. My school got some in, so I quit football and went to the room they were in during that period. It was no big deal to leave, as I felt bad about hurting people. I had no instructors, as no adults had a clue about computers. I sat unsupervised with a few boys and programmed with the TRS-80 manual as a guide (I have a copy now). Of course, we got a little rowdy. I remember carpet burning the knees of my lavender slacks playing deadly triangles. We would Frisbee the drafting triangles in the school annual room where we were located at each other.

I actually programmed art on the 1200XL, but I did these with some art program on a cart and a joystick.
img.photobucket.com...
img.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Made a video.
Hope you don't mind.

I'll take it down if you want.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 23-9-2015 by mikegrouchy because: grammar

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Thank you. I laughed at those amazing stunts. Your timing is good too. The ending is fantastic. I'm reminded of the Sabotage video, which I love. I've spent some time enjoying Jackie Chan. Have you seen My Stunts by Chan's team?

I was reluctant to put my music on Youtube without a band and a pollished recording. I also planned, as always, a narrative video. However, I greatly appreciate this. I am flattered by fan art and am always disapointed when an artist objects to it.

I used Keepvid to download this.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Oops, wrong button. I accidentally hit "quote". It's too late for me to correct the spelling errors. Pardon me.
edit on 23-9-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm am relieved

It was fun to make.

Mike Grouchy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join