It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Has Been ‘Profoundly Successful’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Which sources are they? Alex Jones?

After Five Years Of Obamanomics, A Record 100 Million Americans Not Working

This source is almost 2 years old and can't be indicative of the current state of the economy. Plus counting the number of people unemployed is stupid. There are more people in our country today than there were in previous years. Naturally that is going to cause the total number of unemployed to increase.

Nearly 102 million working-age Americans jobless

This link doesn't work.

Report: More Than 92 Million Americans Remain Out Of Labor Force

May 2014. Also almost 2 years old. Plus same reasoning as first link. Total number of people out of work is a misleading statistic.

100 Million Americans Without Jobs

This link is from May of 2012... I'm not even going to look at it.

The 86 million invisible unemployed

May 2012 again...

You know the links -I- provided are the most up-to-date numbers. Why are your links all so old?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TheBulk

You left wingers always have a problem with your standards being applied to you or your favored politicians.

As a "Lefty", I have absolutely no problem with all politicians being held to the same standard and held accountable for their wrongdoing.

The difference here is that while Obama deserves criticism on many issues, the level it has gone to has become insanely stupid.

This thread is proof. This thread is based on a premise from a known propaganda media outlet that does not look at facts or context. They make things up just to get their gullible readers outraged over nothing.

And people fall for it every time, without an original thought whatsoever.

Brainwashed fools.

Obama himself blames Bush for things that are insanely stupid. How is the housing market bubble Bush's fault at all? It's guys like Obama that supported the policies that led to the crash.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Obama himself blames Bush for things that are insanely stupid.

Yes he does. What does that have to do with what I said?

How is the housing market bubble Bush's fault at all?

I don't know. How did Bush become a part of this conversation?

It's guys like Obama that supported the policies that led to the crash.

Like whom? Name names. Nice logical fallacy, but I prefer specifics.

Actually, one of the main policies that led to the housing bubble was the repeal of Glass_Staegall. That was a Republican piece of legislation, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, signed by Clinton that de-regulated the banks and what led to the derivatives market.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

originally posted by: amazing

My wife is gainfully employed. I started a business, wildly successful no less. Everyone in my immediate family that can work, has a job and all of my close friends that can work have jobs as well. That's in Maryland, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Texas, California, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Utah, Arizona, DC, Florida and New York.

We all have health insurance, Cars that work, Healthy children, we haven't been attacked by terrorists, been caught up in any race riots, been victims of violent crimes etc.

I don't have a job, my wife has a part time low paid internship and can't find additional employment, my car is acting up, and I don't have health insurance, OH but I am FORCED to purchase insurance...that sure helps, with not having a job an all...I'll take the IRS penalty I guess...sure glad that forced Obamacare/IRS penalty helps me with my diabetes and kidney disease

and I can believe you and respect your experience. What I'm saying is that even in the best of times, there are people that are not doing well. Even the best president has issues and policies that do not work. All I'm saying is that Obama has not destroyed America. He is not the worse president ever.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Actually, one of the main policies that led to the housing bubble was the repeal of Glass_Staegall. That was a Republican piece of legislation, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, signed by Clinton that de-regulated the banks and what led to the derivatives market.

One of Clinton's goals was to make low income people home owners. He It was a cause the Obama pushed as well, even leading protests at bankers homes to put pressure on them to give loans to low income people.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
He's certainly been profoundly successful at dividing the nation.

wow...what a profound statement, and never heard here on ATS.....Obama bad.....GIVE ME STARS!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I see it's time for the weekly bash Obama-fest.

weekly?....more like daily....but let's not leave out the Clintons...so much crap to throw against the wall, so little time.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

One of Clinton's goals was to make low income people home owners. He It was a cause the Obama pushed as well, even leading protests at bankers homes to put pressure on them to give loans to low income people.

That's all fine and dandy, but you made a very specific statement. Which policies led to the housing market crash and who supported them that are comparable to Obama?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm sorry but I have to disagree to a point.

Is he the worst president in American history? I would say obviously not. Is the he the worst president in *my* personal history? I would say unequivocally yes.

The ACA has completely ruined my life. I've nearly lost my business and my family due to the stress of a back injury that I've been trying for over a year to get care for.

No single president in my lifetime has introduced legislation that so directly and negatively influenced me. So yes, to me, he is the worst president without question. I don't even hate the man or have ill will towards him because these days I have bigger problems than grudges.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Sharpobjects because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hitler was successful for quite a while and so was Bin Laden and other terrorists. Give it time. There is room on that same list for Obama and gang.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

My friend...at this point there is no longer a wall. Just a big pile.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
From the perspective of the global banking elite he has certainly been an exemplary employee.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah because Obama's failed presidency was the republicans fault? Yeah ok..
a reply to: damwel

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

(Facepalm)

When your source is the mound of angry blubber that is Rushbo, then your argument is DOA.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Hitler was successful for quite a while and so was Bin Laden and other terrorists. Give it time. There is room on that same list for Obama and gang.

You're placing Obama on the same list as Hitler and Bin Laden????? Are you being serious, or are you trying to scare up a reaction?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Obama will probably write a book...become a succesfull writer too....and will it become a bestseller...because some covert agency will buy most of them before they hit the stores.

edit on 27/9/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You left wingers always have a problem with your standards being applied to you or your favored politicians.

As a "Lefty", I have absolutely no problem with all politicians being held to the same standard and held accountable for their wrongdoing.

The difference here is that while Obama deserves criticism on many issues, the level it has gone to has become insanely stupid.

This thread is proof. This thread is based on a premise from a known propaganda media outlet that does not look at facts or context. They make things up just to get their gullible readers outraged over nothing.

And people fall for it every time, without an original thought whatsoever.

Brainwashed fools.

Obama himself blames Bush for things that are insanely stupid. How is the housing market bubble Bush's fault at all? It's guys like Obama that supported the policies that led to the crash.

The Republicans pushed for the repeal of Glass-Stengall and it was the Bush administration that took a soft-pedal approach to regulation on Wall Street. When they realised that the housing market was on steroids and was fuelling the sale of CDSs and MBSs it was too late - because Paulson had taken his eye off the ball. And then they voted down TARP the first time it came to a vote, making the Dow plummet like a skydiver. The Bush administration shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the levers of power. Total incompetents.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join