It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who want's to have an awakening experience? All you have to do is look!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This topic is more for those who have some knowledge of the self/ego and the illusion of it. However most of us think that seeing through this illusion takes years and years of hard work. It doesn't have to be so. You can awaken right now.

In fact even the term "awakening" is such a bulky word. Just look.
Let's start with one question. What does the word "I" point to in reality? Is there really an "I" or simply thoughts about it? Tell me what clearly what comes up. Is there any one that is breathing in direct experience? Or is breathing happening by itself without the need for a breather.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
Tell me what clearly what comes up.

"I" have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Same here

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I understand this post isn't making sense on many levels for you. That's why, as I said, this post was meant for those who have some knowledge of what this is. For those who wan't to see through this. Although it remains to be seen how many of those people are available on this forum.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I understand this post isn't making sense on many levels for you. That's why, as I said, this post was meant for those who have some knowledge of what this is. For those who wan't to see through this. Although it remains to be seen how many of those people are available on this forum.

"I" want to thank you for clearing up this mess.

Is there any one that is breathing in direct experience? Or is breathing happening by itself without the need for a breather.

What I surmise from your post is that,It can be difficult to know where to begin. If you have never experienced this revolution devoid of self, it can be difficult to vibrate. The nexus is calling to you via supercharged electrons. The All IS the "I" vibration.

Consciousness consists of chaos-driven reactions of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a condensing of the mystical. The goal of vibrations is to plant the seeds of rebirth rather than greed. Truth is a constant and we conceptuallly are in the midst of an ever-present summoning of transformation that will clear a path toward the infinite itself. We are at a crossroads of curiosity and delusion.

edit on 22-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

The concept of the "I" must refer to individual identity as a means to be unique and separate. However in the mind there is not a consciousness that is singular but there are many I's and the trick is to have them work in unison.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's what I feel like saying when I read some new-age woo woo. But the self being an illusion is not a metaphysical claim or anything. It is proven to be true in science and people like Sam Harris are making this fact blatantly obvious.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I know what you mean Andy, but it is a personal experience and no one can tell another how to do it, it comes in one's own time, if ever. It's good that you are trying to point it out though.

Some are so distracted by worldly affairs and are so focused on outward manifestations that they cannot come to the manifestation that is unfolding within. Some are even taught that looking within is the best way to be led astray by Satan, even though their own books say the world is of Satan. They are told to abandon worldly desires yet never take their focus off of it. It's very ironic.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
mind blown

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

Andy, in the spirit of keeping everybody informed, can you please elaborate?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What's all this I stuff? This is all about me

edit on 22-9-2015 by kenzohattori69 because: wrong PUNCTuation

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The "I" pinpoints your existence in this time/space. Your ego is your outlook based on your own perception of this time frame. If you were to eliminate the hassling thoughts of tomorrow and avoid the lingering thoughts of past, you just might be able to catch a glimpse of your own "Sub-Conscience". Only when you become one with your thoughts, senses, actions, and emotions, will you be able to understand what TRUE enlightenment is. For everything is made of light, literally. Even if you transmute darkness, in the end all you get is light. That is the true concept of being "Enlightened".

PS: Breathing is one of the most important things in life. For every breath you take, you should now be able to realize that you took in a direct experience. How can breathing be an indirect experience? EXPERIENCE in general is life. Without it, we would still be sucking on the breast of our mothers. Learn to become ONE. ONE with yourself and the LIFE around you. ONE with your human emotion, senses, and thoughts. Only then can you really become ENLIGHTENED.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree, I cannot make any one do it, but can certainly provide sign posts for those who want to see.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

I was guessing there would be many that understand what "the illusion of self" implies, but I can elaborate. People have the assumption that they are a person located in their heads that makes choices and thinks thoughts. However thoughts happen without a need for a thinker. Everything is just happening. We have no idea what our next thought will be. It's only once the thought happens that it is known. You cannot think a thought before it happens.

Everything is just happening and there is no control whatsoever. In order to see through this illusion of self, one must undergo an inquiry. There are many types of questions. But using the breathing example, we can correlate it to thinking. There is no one in charge of thinking in the same way there is no one in charge of breathing.

Anyway, I'm pretty new here and my guess was that there were many seekers here with this knowledge who want to see this truth that's why I didn't get into too much detail. I guess that isn't the case.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Here are a couple of videos where Sam Harris attempts to explain the illusion of self.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You do realize the idea of "seeing through the illusion of self" is merely made up sometime in history by cults to brainwash and manipulate people into joining? First make the devotee believe there is no self, then it can be rebuild and molded into whatever the cults' leader wishes.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

True. if it remained as a belief. Thing is though, is that it can be verified in experience. No beliefs required. The belief in a self is a belief. That's the dogma that one must see through.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I would provide an answer but this isn't about "Me"...

As soon as the Self looks outside of the Self for answers or "salvation" they may as well wade in quicksand.. Quicksand? that death plunge is the loooooooongest 3 min. ever.

Why put a 'name' on it? Oh, I don't know like "new age woo woo" Would it matter if the 'answer' came in a milk crate? How about a shoebox?

The Ones led astray are ALL taking someone else's word for it. Besides addressing putting too many 'names' to things, The Tao also teaches Us in the first verse that 'The Tao that can be told is NOT the Eternal Tao' So basically, experience it YourSelf and don't take anyone's word for "it".

namaste

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You call my heartfelt response "new age woo woo"?? Y, I otta.....

Sound like you have an emotional attachment to your "I"....being that it's a survival mechanism, I'm not surprised.

I'll see your guru....and raise you one Roshi.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

a reply to: angryhulk

Everything is just happening and there is no control whatsoever. In order to see through this illusion of self, one must undergo an inquiry.

We are ego, self, and I. Very little happens outside our control. We have freewill and others have freewill. It is actually the strongest I that rules the weaker I, without regard to virtue.

What thoughts come to us might be somewhat out of our control, but we have choices. I can choose to change the subject of thought in my mind. I can control what actions I take on my thoughts.

To say there is no I is a failure to accept personal responsibility for the ego, the self, the I.

One of the most ancient, simplest, yet complex philosophies is "Know Thyself". First you must know that you are an I, self, ego, before you can know yourself. You can't understand how you impact the We, until you learn to control the I.

Once you understand your-self, the I, what you come to realize is the separation between me and you doesn't exist. We are all bound by The Butterfly Effect www.cbsnews.com...

Why is it so important to never let go of the I, even after you have become unified to the whole? Those who do not seek unification, who only see through the ego, will become your masters. We must master ourselves but never allow ourselves to be mastered by the ego of others.

We are both separate and together. Separate because we have a will to choose, together because each choice effects the whole. To say there is no I is to give up your individuality. To say that we are separate is to ignore how the I effects the whole.

How boring would it be if we all sacrificed uniqueness to satisfy the whole? Much better to remain unique and realize that each piece of the puzzle may be different but they all have a place and can fit together perfectly.

Our current problem, we need 7 billion Is to see the puzzle before the pieces agree to be put together.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12 Ill have what drug you're having....

top topics

join