It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Asking Her Divorced Parents To Be Friends Is Touching The Heart Of Millions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"From the mouths of babes"

I saw this bouncing around the web for a few days and thought, "Not another smaltzy kid video!", then I broke down and watched it.

HAHA! This little girl should address the United Nations! Move over Ban Ki-moon, heads up Pope Francis!

"Mom, are you ready to be friends? Try not to be THAT high up, I want everything to be low", she tells her mom. "I'm not trying to be mean, I just want all of us to be friends, and if I can be nice, I think that all of us can be nice too. I'm trying to be the best of what's in my heart."

"I think you can do it Mom. I think you can settle your "MEAN" height down to short height. Not up here, and not down on the floor, but at the level where my heart is!"

Somebody should set this kid up with an "Advice Show" YouTube Channel!

I hope she keeps her kind insight as she grows older. I hope her parents help her in "being the best of what's in her heart." They are very blessed to have her.

edit on 22-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A child sees from a child's point of view. People don't get divorced to be friends. They get divorced because there is a problem so big it can't be fixed. The parents should remain civil with each other when the child is around and contribute to what is best for the child, but friends? No. You do something bad enough that I go from "want to be with you for the rest of my life" to "get out of my life" we're not gonna be friends.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wow! What an amazing little girl. Her parents have obviously done something right but somewhere along the way they lost their path... I hope they see themselves reflected in her heart, and find their way back to being the people who inspired her to be so special.

And maybe the rest of the world can take a lesson...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I love this!

A lot of times parents don't realize how damaging their behavior towards each other can be on the kids. It's easy for a father or a mother to justify the things they say about each other by convincing themselves that they need custody or the other parent is unfit, but to bad-talk the other parent in front of them is a terrible mistake.

A family can still be a family even if the parents are split up - I would know, my parents are divorced and yet my mother flies in for Christmas and Thanksgiving and stays in my father's (her ex-husband) hours - they are civil and friendly with each other and even go out of their way to appreciate each other even though they had a messy divorce over a decade ago. Obviously that situation won't always work but being kind to one another IS possible. Sometimes people just need to get over their egos

What a great message - I salute this girl and her message is pure AWESOMENESS

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well my ex-wife is my most trusted friend. We split because we realised that the differences between us were insurmountable so chose instead to be friends and a hard working team as parents.
The more separated parents who get over their selfish bitterness and instead work together for the sole benefit of their kids then the better the world would be.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I saw this on facebook and was so impressed with this wise and beautiful child! She was certainly raised right. Kudos sweet kiddo!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What the little girl doesn't know is that daddy's been having sex with his secretary for the past 6 months and mummy has just read his txt messages. Daddy is a naughty boy and mummy can't make friends so easy now

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I saw this on facebook. The first time I saw it the description said that her parents got in a fight over a defective shoe shelf, not that they were divorced. I saw it again a day later and that one said that her parents were divorced. So, I'm not sure if that's the real story or not. At any rate, she seems really wise and smart for her age.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have watched this video about 5 times and shared it on FB as well as friends sharing.

Her heart is something..... it's overly wise for her age indeed.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

OMG! How old is this cute little girl? She talks way beyond her years!

Aww, I feel bad for her because it's tough on children when their parent's are not getting along or in the process of getting a divorce. From the mouth of babes....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This shouldn't touch you. This should break, absolutely break, your heart! How could two people so selfishly do this to this beautiful little person? What is wrong with us that we promise ourselves to easily to each other and then find ways to just as easily break that promise without ever thinking about the innocents we've created who get destroyed in the process?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I saw this on facebook. The first time I saw it the description said that her parents got in a fight over a defective shoe shelf, not that they were divorced. I saw it again a day later and that one said that her parents were divorced. So, I'm not sure if that's the real story or not. At any rate, she seems really wise and smart for her age.

I've seen the two versions as well, the shoe rack or shelf and then the divorce thing.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Okay, so I'm not crazy. I tried finding the other one and can't find it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just to look thru Pessimistic, devil advocate way.. It will be better if they never divoriced to begin with after thinking of bringing a child into this world.

top topics

join